Berry Ryder | 100watt CFL grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FyaBun, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Hi guys

I am currently in the second week of my Auto Seeds Berry Ryder (fem)
    Running under 100watts CFL (5x 20watt 65000K buls)
    Potting soil with perlite 3:1 ratio

So the seed popped on the 19Oct, subsequently my lights was too close and it kinda got burnt(badly). Two days later i accidentally added nuted water to the already struggling seedling, and she kinda just stayed at the point of two seedling leaves and starting her first node. Week later i realized I'm not gonna be home anymore and had to move, seedling took a 10 hour bus drive with me, then had to be transplant to a bigger pot (more shock) and is now chilling trying to recover in my new closet space

This is her now, 15 days old (she had to recover quite a lot, read above, 2 Days after transplant)
    [​IMG]
    The Light Fixture (5 x 20watt 6500K CFL Bulps)
    [​IMG]
    Overall Setup
    [​IMG]

Any tips would be greatly appreciated

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jesus... umm.

3. Better light dude. You'll be lucky to grow airy 1g kolas w that light man. No dissin jus being real..

4. #4 FyaBun, Nov 6, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    I'fe followed grows with the same light conditions pulling off 30-50g's easy dude

EDIT: 100watt cfl grows

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lol. Ok I thought I ment 1 like one cfl 100 equiv. My b good luck. Bro. Here's my 150g yield of platinum p300 led 20161105_170246.jpg 20161101_021250.jpg 20161103_155639.jpg good luck dude!! I'm into 4x4 w a mars 144 reflector n p300

6. my bad dude really. Misread. Cfls CAN grow good herb e proer distance n wattage

• Like Like x 1
  7. No worries dude. Whats your total watts? Im in the process of building my own DIY COB panel. 1x CXB3590 11000lm 36V run at 1400 mA 55watts. About 130lm/w . With 3 deep red and royal blue luxeon leds on the sides at 350mA

So its basically a week later. This lil plant is so stunted its bad. She has now popped out two set of new leaves but barely noticeable. Ill attach a photo. (25 days old)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I have her a really low does of nutes yesterday, she seems to be doing fine with feeding.

Im at a point where it seems like this grow is a waste of time. But i might just be too impatient. Any thoughts on its growth stunt/size , tips, would be nice. Read first post to see details to its shock ahah.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dude looks like your caring for her a little to much, just be patient man. Looks over watered, let the pot get bone dry and just give her phed water man, mine are 35 days old and only giving water from tap not even phed lol. Just let it dry out, do the lift method, if it's light give em water if it feels like it has a little weight to it wait another day or so. It will pop back man. I'm close to harvesting my first grow and man I have came a long way with them lol......

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Also I started with cfls as well, but then came across a high bay 400 watt metal halide on craigslist for $30 with ballast. Well worth it man. Using it for flower and using my cfl hood for vegging. Best of luck......

10. Thanks for the input, i also realized im over doing it and that she must do her own thing.I did stop watering her couple of days ago, and have been testing the soil with the tip of my finger and it have stayed moist, ill hold onto water for another couple of days then. Also realized that the lights were a bit close, so i moved them up an about 5cm.

I wanted to get myself a HID light, but i have small space and the heat would be a problem, I am building a LED light which hopefully would be ready for my next grow starting next year in a cabinet.

Checking out your grow as I type

11. That's awesome man. I mean cfls aren't that bad but they are not that good either lol

12. Defs not the most efficient xD, was burning to grow, so i got me some cheap lights haha. shoveled a good 150$ on led parts though, hopefully will be paying off soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  13. You will be rewarded for sure! Patients is key for growing. It took me a while to get my patients up lol still mess up every once in a while, but hey we are only human lol

14. Jus set up 2x2 as part of a perpetual consisting of 2x2 w a p300 for now. 2x mars reflector 144w over a 4' screen

15. Sooo, update time.

The lil berry ryder is 31 days old, and its quite a disappointment lol.
    So im guessing after all the shock it went through, light burn, nute burn, transplant and a 12 hour buss trip in a jar, its roots being messed with, it kinda decided to bonsai it self. Also the soil mix i think contains too much bark which constricted the root development.

She showed her first preflowers today, little teeny tiny pistels among the new leaves.

here she is at 31 days. 3rd set of leaves are coming out, the bottom leaves have stayed that size since the popped out. node spacing is like 2mm xDD
    [​IMG]
    Camera bit shoddy, but you can see the white of the pistels
    [​IMG]

So im guessing im growing half a gram xD
    Shes under 100watt off cfl light so i think she had a hard time to recover