United States presidential election 2020 Bernie Sanders 2020

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Don't forget his policies suck as does his understanding of economics...

Vigilo Confido

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. RIU is a shit hole. A very alt left doxing anyone who goes against the flock shit hole.

Vigilo Confido

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. I disagree with Bernie's stance on felony voting rights for serious crimes like murder and rape. That's like saying a mass shooter should retain their gun rights. It doesn't make sense. I voted for Florida's felon voting restoration law as did the majority of my fellow Floridians. It's a sensible law:

On November 6, 2018 Florida voters approved a constitutional amendment automatically restoring the right to vote to 1.4 million individuals with felony convictions in their past. The amendment restores the right to vote for people with felony convictions, except individuals convicted of murder or felony sexual offenses, once they have completed the terms of their sentence, including probation and parole. The amendment went into effect on January 8, 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. #485 Vicious, Apr 25, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
    Eh, I'm kinda ambivalent on this but I did vote against it. I've somewhat warmed up to it since I'm in favor of people that have served their time being able to own guns in the cases of non-violent offenses after a period of "good behavior". I feel like it's more of an attempt to swing the state to the left rather than a good faith attempt to restore rights. I probably would have voted for it if it was handled similar to the restoration of gun rights where non-violent felons can own a firearm after 5 or 7 years of no offenses.

Personally, I think criminal records should be given amnesty, forgiven or outright wiped after a certain period of "good behavior" but this is coming from someone in favor of rehabilitation and social reintegration. Having a record of any kind is an occupational death sentence and many good people are punished for life and get stuck into a negative feedback loop because of it despite doing their time and trying their best. Maybe this is a thing already I'm not aware of. I don't like people's past, records and the state in general having that hold over people's lives.

We already talked about this but that ballot was whack. The vote on, if i recall correctly, vaping and of shore drilling being bundled especially peeved me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. He can not make the case that he is more electable based on national polling anymore.

Here's where the top candidates who released data stood after their first day:

• Joe Biden: $6.3 million
    • Beto O'Rourke: $6.1 million
    • Bernie Sanders: $5.9 million
    • Kamala Harris: $1.5 million
    • Pete Buttigieg: $1 million, within hours
    • Amy Klobuchar: $1 million, in 48 hours
    • Elizabeth Warren: more than $300,000
    • IS THIS THE END FOR BERNIE?
    Our new CNN poll puts Sanders favorable rating at 46% compared to an unfavorable rating of 45% among registered voters.
    Compare that to where Sanders was at the end of his 2016 presidential bid. Sanders had a 59% favorable rating to 36% unfavorable rating among all voters in a CNN poll taken in June 2016.
    Sanders, though, may have to convince Democratic voters that he electable. In our poll, just 30% of Democratic voters believe the party has a better chance of winning the presidency with him than someone else as the nominee. The vast majority, 59%, think they have a better shot of winning with someone else.

This is great news!!! The left is not as progressive as a whole as the media is making them to be? Judging from the mainstream media's representation of my views I think this would be a fair assumption.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Joe Biden = big money donors. His first fundraising event was held at the CEO of Comcast house. Hillary Clinton v2.0

Beto's fundraising numbers are fudged.

Bernie got the most individual campaign donations.

As far as polling goes? We saw what happened in 2016, and it's really early. Plus Bernie has to split the polling numbers between how many candidates? Last time it was just one.

CNN is dead.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Nice to see he left his shirt on.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Unemployment hits a 49 year low, the unemployment rate for women has fallen to 3.1 percent, the lowest point since 1953. The rate for Hispanics dropped to 4.2 percent, a record low. The unemployment rate for veterans of the Iraq and Afghan wars dropped to 1.7 percent, also a record low. While Bernie pushes for voting rights to prisoners in hopes he can pit people against each other to enrich himself, Trump's economy employs them even from within the prison walls.
    In today’s tight job market, fueled by Pennsylvania’s lowest unemployment rate in almost two decades, Blazer, of Surge Staffing in Schuylkill County, is having a difficult time finding workers who fit his list. With hundreds of warehouse positions to fill, he’s looking in an unusual place for new hires: behind bars.

“We understand that people deserve a second chance,” said Blazer, one of more than a dozen vendors at the Frackville state prison’s recent career and reentry fair. “If a person wants to work, we want to talk to them.”

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ten years ago where was the economy?

Just another boom bust cycle that has absolutely nothing to do with anything Trump has implemented. Yet.

10. Ignorance on display. Hey I guess Bernie is down over 30 pts to Biden in their quest for 2nd place.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Debunked:

It’s true Sanders pays his interns $12 an hour, as noted by a page on the candidate’s own Senate web site that clearly states that “interns are paid $12 per hour.” This, however, does not necessarily mean that Sanders gave himself a “pass” on his proposal to raise the minimum wage.

First, the above-displayed meme uses the confusing term “staff interns,” which has led many people to believe that the senator only pays his staff members $12 per hour. This pay rate, however, applies only interns (who in many occupational fields work without compensation or for very low pay in return for gaining valuable experience) filling positions available to college students and recent graduates seeking work in Congress

12. ^^bad dancer

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. How many times has the minimum wage been raised again?

How much was the median price for a home in 1955?

Thick heads for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bernie Sanders is a idiot, no way in hell will I give him my vote..he sucks

• Agree Agree x 1