Berginner looking for tips with buying and starting an indoor setup

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Cooksley, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Thanks.. being in this range im hopeing my buds can reach max potential.. im going to start useing AN grow, micro & bloom with big bud & bud candy.. not saying their the best but with their help and the amount if wattage im running should i expect good harvests/fat juicy hard buds??

Just looking for reasurance cuz im running out of patients waitting to get the results

Thanks!!

2. need a TDS pen for chemical nutrients so that needs added to your shopping list. I have had excellent results using bud candy and big bud min soil and hydro.

3. There is a rule for par. 600 ppf is minimum par value to flower properly. Some have tested out 1500 ppf as max par for max flowering but I have a buddy running extreme par now and he can’t get above 1050 with the plant’s freaking out.

That’s why I like the qb120 and 132 setups. You can space 12 boards in a 4x4 and get even coverage and get them close to the plants for penetrations well. No need for heat sinks and until recently amazon had 4 packs in stock all the time

4. You won’t reach max potential with blurple, but with the wattage and assuming coverage is where it needs to be, you should do alright.

5. That would be correct if the led you refer to is 300 actual watts and not the equivalent. My guess is that your 300w led only draws around 140 watts out of the wall. That's only 22w per s/f.

6. I'm running a 660w purple LED in a 10 square food tent (2.5"x4") and the coverage is good (66w per square foot) but I wouldn't want to go much less. 40w per square foot doesn't sound very good to me

7. What LED do you have that draws 660 watts?

8. The Mars Pro II Epistar 320

9. I only come up with 517 watts. 4.7 amps x 110 volts = 517 watts.

10. Not satisfied mann.. plz help a ni**a out.. i want max flower potential.. i want a buds fo fat and hard i could knock a motha f***a out with it!!

If i add a hlg-65 in their @ 3000k.. what would u say then??

!!

11. Why does the item discription says 311w+5%??

Plz help me understand.. im not completely ignorant on the subjuct, ive just reading so much cramming shit in my head.. i just dont quite understand how this works.. ill like to learn to help myself on future buys or help others with the knowledge i collect

Plz explain

12. I don’t know how that will effect being just added to the blurple. My frost increased a lot with the qbs. I think yield will be close to the same as it was with HPS but I just chopped 3 days ago so I won’t know for another week yet

13. Using ohms law, volts x amps = watts

Scroll down and find those ratings here. I didn’t see an actual wattage listed

Mars Hydro Mars Pro II Epistar 320 (w/ switches)

14. *240 volts

15. It’s only 2.4 amps at 220 volts = 528 watts?

16. Trust me it's 660 watts
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ok. It’s just weird. Usually the company list the actual watts, or they list the amps at supplied volts which converts to watts with ohms law. Hmmm... I’m an LED junky so this interests me. Mars is sending me a Mars pro II 160 to test out. What size space would it cover?

18. #39 GoldGrower, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    Nah man 2.4 is when it's in veg mode. Flower mode is 3.2A.

What wattage is that one?

This is the Pro II 320 specs according to MarsHydro

[​IMG]

19. Ok. You have a better spec sheet than any I could find. They only listed the veg amps.

The 320 is about 360 watts so it will do a couple plants in a 2x4. I think I’ll do a couple autos under it for the review