Bent Stalk, will it heal?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Torhs11, Jun 15, 2010.

1. The other day i was transplanting my plant to a bigger pot and made the mistake of dropping it, sadly. The main Stalk was bent about 6 inches from the soil and the plant is about 1 1/2 feet tall, i splinted it up straight and tied gardners tape around it..Where the plant bent there are a few small cracks about 1-3cm long, my question is; Do I need to do anything about these cracks? And if so, how would I go about repairing the crack?

Thanks in advanced for your response!!:smoking::smoking::smoking:

2. You already did the right thing, just let it heal naturally, it'll be fine ! :)

3. Bump, Could I get some more input please?

4. More input : Dont drop your plants.

Sometimes doing a rain dance around your plant at a 5 foot diameter can entice plant healing to occur slightly faster.
    Another trick is to slowly caress the leaves while you whisper sweet nothings near the wound (or as I call it the point of entry)

5. Thanks, man.

6. ^^ What he said. You did fine by the splint; don't over think it. She'll heal up.
    :wave:

7. It heals, I even had a branch heal during flowering.

8. What about the crack part? Should I put tape over it to prevent the air flow from entering it or something? I think i'm over thinking this and being paranoid, if that be the case, sorry!

9. You can, don't let water get into it cause that will cause rot . When I bent a branch I just used string to keep it like it was.