Benefits of Quitting Weed for Spirituality/Peace of Mind

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by LittleJacob, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Bud is a ancient healer, with its propeties newfoundly been re discoverd.. It is a medicine, and should be treated as a medicine, people have been overdosing the medication regardless you cant die from it, but it does drain you emotionally from the inside. self medication takes your spirtiuality to another level,but if used simply to get blasted every day, then you will start feeling the negative side effects.

2. Right on, I would agree with this very much.

3. #63 jax1973, Dec 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2013
    I can respect the opinions of those who had decided to take a break from smoking weed. I have taken very long breaks myself from smoking for various reasons, and in my career field (a high risk job) they tend to be crazy on the random drug tests. My experiences had been negative from smoking too much as well in the past, where all I cared about is being ripped, and I never appreciated anything while not being buzzed. I try to look at it this way though, excessive amounts of anything can be dangerous and addictive, including even non chemical habits such as sex, gambling, shopping, materialism, greed, hedonism, attention addiction and a host of other things.

I try to narrow my use of weed down to a few buzzes at the most per week. I enjoy moderate amounts of alcohol at times too, though I'm very picky with what I drink these days, and I only drink occasionally. Personally my life was close to being ruined because of alcohol, and on top of that I'd grown up in an alcoholic family where my childhood was completely destroyed. I had suffered from depression, anxiety and panic disorder long before smoking weed. Weed in moderate amounts has helped me mentally to some degree, and it helps my chronic headaches too.

Like a few had said on this thread, everybody is different and reacts differently to different substances. I would just hope that for those who don't have a very high opinion of weed that they don't join the anti weed propaganda wagon, and I would also hope they realize that many non chemical habits destroy lives everyday too. Look at all of the horror that greedy and selfish people who don't smoke weed cause with their self serving hedonism. Damn, just look at the actions of many of your weed free fellow humans when they trample over a guy having a heart attack laying on the ground while having people step over him to get their pseudo deals. I just try not to make weed front and center in my life, and have it be something that I enjoy when I need it. Others can use weed more than me and be happy too.

4. I read the first post and favorited this thread so i can fully read it later, as i don't have time right now.

The first post made me very interested in the subject, i've been smoking a lot lately. And by a lot i mean like 4-5 joints on a daily base. Yesterday i smoked (with a few friends, of course) 14 joints because it was christimas. I had a lot of fun, but i don't think this is right. Maybe sometime off will help me, i'll finish reading this thread later and if i'm still interested i'll do a deeper search on the subject.

5. I quit smoking and drinking June 20th 2013 and feel better than ever. I'm learning to play piano and all kinds of brainy fucking bullshit.

6. [quote name="Fue_2" post="19226481" timestamp="1387955600"]Bud is a ancient healer, with its propeties newfoundly been re discoverd.. It is a medicine, and should be treated as a medicine, people have been overdosing the medication regardless you cant die from it, but it does drain you emotionally from the inside. self medication takes your spirtiuality to another level,but if used simply to get blasted every day, then you will start feeling the negative side effects.[/quote]I definitely feel you on this wen I get blasted I just feel lazy and have an uncontrollable hunger plus I fade out a bit. I nice bowl will do me fine for at least 2 hours I can work out at that level, actually get shit done, have good convos instead of spacing out and I have a better buzz IMO than smoking hella blunts

7. #67 DDV, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2014
    My own experience is that cannabis ultimately becomes an attachment. A very, very, subtle attachment. One must look deep inside without a biased mind to see how things are. That in itself, is a sign of spiritual progress, as the spiritual path is about letting go - not attaining anything.

I spent a good portion of my time meditating while ritually smoking from a chillum like the Hindu sadhus, spent hours in meditation, etc. Eventually I realized what my teacher once said: it is self-deception. Every time I would smoke I would think to myself "self-deception.. what does that mean?". After some time of experimenting being sober, then indulging to the extreme, then moderately smoking, going back and forth to see what's what, I decided to quit. I figured out what self-deception meant. But of course, it's no use to say here.. that journey must be taken on by the individual. As spiritual folks, we like to investigate the nature of the trees, the sun and the moon, and the whole cosmos, but from my experience the real riddle lies in the mind. Rarely do we ever observe and investigate the mind. That's where self-deception comes in. 

And I mean, now that I quit, my meditation has progressed. Meditation is not about going into a trance or having some kind of transcendental ego-trip, complete with visions of all shapes and sizes. Maybe it is with some of your paths, that's fine. I mean, it wasn't for me.. it got me no where. So I quit and I don't regret it. 

Cannabis is a medicine that can be used to heal. But like any other medicine, it can cause harm if misused. Unlike harder drugs, the harm doesn't lie in the body - it lies right here in the mind. Maybe that makes it more dangerous  - but that's up to you to figure out really. Actually, cannabis is not dangerous, the mind is! If one walks the spiritual path, I would think, it is to end our suffering, our misery. So we should investigate and probe into everything, leaving no trace behind.

Another thing my teacher said: it exaggerates neurosis. What is neurosis? Delusion: habitual tendencies, confusion, ego-trips, things that cause us harm but that we unfortunately aren't aware of. It is like drinking soda everyday, becoming sick, and not knowing what's the cause of it all. That's neurosis right there - we all have it. Some have neurosis in terms of having a gigantic ego - always being the main character in your own personal movie, what we might call "life"; fantasizing about this great big "me" and what will come of it. Others have neurosis of simply being angry all the time, while others have the neurosis of having a certain set of beliefs, opinions, ideas, and refusing to let go of it, refusing to be open and receptive. Neurosis comes in all shapes and sizes, and cannabis exaggerates it all according to my teacher. What does that mean? I know what it means because I've seen it and I know it from my own experience. Such things can only be known by looking. 

However, if one is at the stage of one's life where it is no problem at all whatsoever, then let it be. Don't make it a problem if it's not, that's what I would say. If it's not a problem - then fine! That's part of the path as well. 

This line particularly resonated with me.

It is easy to forget that letting go, not acquiring, is the point to all this. To realise, or become enlightened, sounds like we must add something not already there, when in reality, it is the reverse. It is removing or releasing what does not need to be there, what gets in the way, so that what was always there can shine.

Letting go of attachment. Letting go of desire. Letting go of greed. Letting go of belief. Letting go of illusion. Letting go of self. Empty ourself of the mind's noise. Remove the blinkers from our eyes.

Even when we think we're doing these things it is so easy to add something almost without noticing. Almost. The result of being present is that these things stand out. They are obvious, so that while they still appear from time to time, they cannot stay for they do not go unnoticed.

The thing about letting go, rather than acquiring, is that acquiring is easy in comparison. You don't have it, then you do, there is more, so it's obvious. You let go, there is a space, and we know that nature abhors a vacuum. It is far harder to keep the space than it is to fill it with something else. Most people fill it with something else. They do not understand what the space really is.

9. [quote name="DDV" post="19293968" timestamp="1389068544"]My own experience is that cannabis ultimately becomes an attachment. A very, very, subtle attachment. One must look deep inside without a biased mind to see how things are. That in itself, is a sign of spiritual progress, as the spiritual path is about letting go - not attaining anything.I spent a good portion of my time meditating while ritually smoking from a chillum like the Hindu sadhus, spent hours in meditation, etc. Eventually I realized what my teacher once said: it is self-deception. Every time I would smoke I would think to myself "self-deception.. what does that mean?". After some time of experimenting being sober, then indulging to the extreme, then moderately smoking, going back and forth to see what's what, I decided to quit. I figured out what self-deception meant. But of course, it's no use to say here.. that journey must be taken on by the individual. As spiritual folks, we like to investigate the nature of the trees, the sun and the moon, and the whole cosmos, but from my experience the real riddle lies in the mind. Rarely do we ever observe and investigate the mind. That's where self-deception comes in. And I mean, now that I quit, my meditation has progressed. Meditation is not about going into a trance or having some kind of transcendental ego-trip, complete with visions of all shapes and sizes. Maybe it is with some of your paths, that's fine. I mean, it wasn't for me.. it got me no where. So I quit and I don't regret it. Cannabis is a medicine that can be used to heal. But like any other medicine, it can cause harm if misused. Unlike harder drugs, the harm doesn't lie in the body - it lies right here in the mind. Maybe that makes it more dangerous - but that's up to you to figure out really. Actually, cannabis is not dangerous, the mind is! If one walks the spiritual path, I would think, it is to end our suffering, our misery. So we should investigate and probe into everything, leaving no trace behind.Another thing my teacher said: it exaggerates neurosis. What is neurosis? Delusion: habitual tendencies, confusion, ego-trips, things that cause us harm but that we unfortunately aren't aware of. It is like drinking soda everyday, becoming sick, and not knowing what's the cause of it all. That's neurosis right there - we all have it. Some have neurosis in terms of having a gigantic ego - always being the main character in your own personal movie, what we might call "life"; fantasizing about this great big "me" and what will come of it. Others have neurosis of simply being angry all the time, while others have the neurosis of having a certain set of beliefs, opinions, ideas, and refusing to let go of it, refusing to be open and receptive. Neurosis comes in all shapes and sizes, and cannabis exaggerates it all according to my teacher. What does that mean? I know what it means because I've seen it and I know it from my own experience. Such things can only be known by looking. However, if one is at the stage of one's life where it is no problem at all whatsoever, then let it be. Don't make it a problem if it's not, that's what I would say. If it's not a problem - then fine! That's part of the path as well. [/quote] Str8 up man. I can affirm weed just makes your mind high. When I was in complete silence and stillness, I literally felt nothing after facing a nice one.Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Grasscity Forum mobile app

All the psychedelic mind alterers seem to do the same thing on one level or another - give you a glimpse into the true nature of reality. It is in stillness that you find it. It is in silence that you are really there. Without the weed, many would not come to know this, feel this, experience it. But as you say, if in complete stillness and silence there is no change when putting THC into your system, then you have realised the point of it. Why do the Tibetan monks, or any of the world's more monastic meditators, not smoke a bowl every night? Their lifestyle has allowed them to become still and silent through sheer will and intention, and much time. But it is the stillness and the silence that matters.

For those who find their mind races when stoned, or even those who find inspiration in the thoughts that appear, and become attached to the ideas they produce, are not finding silence and stillness, nor cultivating it. Don't most meditations talk about letting go of the attachment to the thoughts, so that in the end the thoughts cease? If one always follows a thought, especially when high, then the mind is always moving, even though it is moving differently.

Cannabis can produce the right circumstances for some very interesting thoughts - many of my earlier internal work on who I was and why I did what I did was assisted by it. I doubt I could've done anything like it without it. I neither had the right surroundings, nor the knowing to do it better, and it was being able to that made the difference.

But in understanding that it is the stillness and the silence where things come from, once found, that is what must be encouraged, cherished, and cannabis used to help return to it if lost along the way.

To just use it without seeking stillness and silence...without realising this must be found, makes it a kind of escape from what isn't so interesting without it. Rather than change life, find more, look for something that excites, the temptation to use more cannabis, in all circumstances, becomes stronger.

Cannabis is supposed to be a helper plant - some need more help than others. Few need help all the time.

11. As good ol' Alan Watts says..

"When you get the message, hang up the phone."

12. @[member="LittleJacob"] I have been into the Spiritual,Quantum Physics, Positive Thinking world now for little over then a year.  I read a lot book on this stuff and I believe it because things have happen to me.  I'm about to hit the Meditation part very serious in the next couple of weeks. However, really enjoy smoking weed because I like the high i get from it and the positive effects.  I have never got in trouble with it and handle very well since i was a teenage.  But I wondering can weed block your growth and a person? or can you do both? I have been reading book a called "Breaking the Habit of Being Yourself" by Dr. Joe Dispenza.  He states that "you need to be independent of the external environment in order to reach the level of growth you want".  I was thinking about quitting like yourself for a while too see if what happens.  But i really feel that is a smart decision for myself.  However, at the same time I would like to smoke on in the future but that could after this journey. What are thoughts and  have you smoked any since you started your Journey?

13. This topic really made me reflect on myself. I've been smoking for 5 years straight and this year has been really my worst year. I cough all the time, my throat hurts, and I don't get really high( my tolerance has gone through the roof) . I get light headaches and the paranoia has slightly gotten worse. I quit for a while and in that time period I felt exactly how he did. More energy and somewhat a type of concentration that was different from the marijuana high. We'll eventually I ended up getting high again and I'm back were I started.. I don't know what to do at this point I know I need it in my life but the effect is not all there..Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. #75 LittleJacob, Jan 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2014
    Those are good questions bro. Haven't had time to answer them fully yet... just wanted to let you know I've seen em and thought about them a littl bit. I'll probaby be busy until this weekend so I'll get to em then.

15. #76 BlueTang, Feb 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2014
    Well, I'm right back where I started: smoking every day multiple times a day. Not sure how I feel about it, but I do wish I had more discipline. A bit disappointing. 

16. I am a very very spiritual person and spread joy and happiness everywhere I go.  I like to think of myself as intellectual and well worded.  I think that psychoactive plants put on this planet are perfectly healthy and have proven to be non-toxic and physically safe.  Mentally is a different story.  That is why I think they are illegal because people can't handle them or are not ready and let their negative thoughts take over.  They're TRYING to find things wrong with these plants and are nitpicking at them.  

You can't make a decision based on the legality of something because obviously modern society is fucked.  Alcohol, cigarettes, and painkillers are all legal, are linked to many deaths and destruction of lives, and do nothing but harm.  Weed is non-toxic, makes you happy, sleepy, and hungry.  

Remember that you shouldn't feel bad smoking or eating some mushrooms as they were put on this planet for a reason and should be looked at like ancient civilizations did.  They didn't have any forms of bullshit control.  They saw these plants as gifts and used them intelligently.  MAN deemed these plants of nature immoral, not the planet.  

It's just a mental block that it's bad because society frowns down so deeply upon weed and LOVES alcohol.  If you rationalize and really think about it, it really makes no sense at all.

You can be spiritual and still use the herbs and plants of this Earth.  Think of it as organic and all natural.  I use these plants to my benefit and I am at complete peace and have a very strong connection with the flow of life and this planet.  It's the way it should be.  Society warps and twists things to be complex and complicated when life is simple.  So simple in fact that it comes down to this:
    Live life for you and everything else will fall into place,  do your OWN research, and make your OWN decisions based on your OWN logic.  People suck and that's why it's better not to go on what they tell you and look behind the twisted facade that is modern society by figuring out for yourself what is really true and what is bullshit.  75% of what you learned about drugs growing up is bullshit.

17. #78 LittleJacob, Feb 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2014
    Hey man,

Sorry again for being so late in responding to your question. Hope you're still here/around to see this.

First off, I'll just say that I think it is best to follow what your intuition and your gut tells you. If that voice of knowing within is urging you to take a little break, because in some way you know it will be for your best... I think you should follow it. If it tells you, maybe at a later time, that smoking is fine for you at this point in your life, then listen to it. At the end of the day, I don't believe there are any black and white "good or bad" rules that people should rigidly adhere to. Everything is relative, and everyone's journey and life is different, we all have to take our own paths.

I'll talk a bit about my story for a minute. *NOTE: It is somewhat long, lol*

I first started smoking weed at about the age of 16 (I'm 22 now). Before that, I had dabbled in some drinking here and there but that was about the extent of my experience with mind/consciousness-altering substances. I started smoking weed at 16 and experienced overwhelming positive effects... much laughter, joy, great times with friends, everything feeling simply enhanced, vivid and great times, pain relief, stress relief... I basically loved everything about the plant. And for about 2 years... the summer of my junior year and all through my senior year until the next summer... I smoked heavily and it seemed for the most part great. This was daily smoking, mind you. But I really enjoyed it. It would  help me get into deep trains of thought, and I would go deep within and deeply contemplate the mysteries of life... and explore both the inner world and the outer world, through books, documentaries, internet, etc. I just really loved smoking... and it became a habit for me.

Around the time of my senior year, however, I noticed that I started to become a little more distant from more and more of my other older highschool friends besides my close group of really tight friends, which is basically my 2nd family. I stopped hanging around them as much and preferred spending more and more of my time to myself... inward. I guess I just felt like I was in a different place and on a different wavelength than most of them... and I believe that all of the spirituality, the deep internal exploration, the inner journey, the contemplation/meditation, combined with the consciousness expansion of weed, spiritual study and a profound shrooms trip... all of that together culminated in me feeling like I was in a different place to many of those around me. Besides my core group of very close friends, I essentially alienated myself from many of my other friends in my age group.

I later talked to one of these friends, years later... about a year ago... and she told me how she felt about this time. Her, and apparently a couple other of my formerly closer friends... felt hurt by my actions. The way she perceived it, it was like, once I started smoking weed, I changed. I told her at the time that, of course, I'm sorry that I hurt her/them, and that I never meant it, but that I was at a really challenging and strange place in my life at the time, and that it was a bunch of factors causing me to change and go inwards that was at the root of my change in behavior, not just the weed. On top of that, I've had my Dad say that he really thinks I have changed, in some ways negatively, since I started smoking.

Now, I never really bought into this idea (and still don't)... the idea that these drastic changes in my personality and behavior were all due entirely due to when I started smoking weed, on a regular basis. There were too other factors going on in my life at the time to conclude that it was just the weed that changed me so much.

Now, however, I am started to think that there might be a sliver of truth in their observation. I think that my virtually nonstop use over the past 6 years has definitely had a cumulative effect on my personality and so on. I see it like this. Everything in the universe can be seen through the lens of yin and yang. Activity, doing and movement is YANG... Passivity, non-doing/being, and stillness is YIN. External is yang, Internal is yin. 

I feel like I am already a person who leans more towards the YIN end of the spectrum, as a personality. I have come to a place where I feel like when I smoke... though I am happy and content while I'm high... I typically don't DO much. I'll get into a few trains of though, maybe write some stuff down, watch an awesome movie or listen to awesome music... but I won't DO... I won't CREATE.

Well, basically... after writing this article years back, and taking a decent T-break, I went back to smoking and eventually just vaporizing. But as I started spending more and more of my time in my baseline sober state, I started to become more consciously aware of the differences between my sober mind-body state and my mind-body state when I'm high or smoking/vaping frequently, daily. 

My personal aim in life has become this: to actualize and embody the highest potential that I am capable of becoming/being... of living out my purpose on this Earth, of creating, and of contributing to the betterment of this world through my gifts (namely of writing, of speaking, of music, of art, of natural healing etc).

Here is the main issue with herb consumption, with me, currently: when I smoke... I feel like I am not living up to being the greatest version of myself I can be. I am not WRITING the song verses I know I need to write... I am not creating the website I want to create... I am not manifesting the great unmanifest ideas and visions I have that I want to bring into the world... I am not DOING enough of the things that are in my head, especially when high... that I know I need to do in order to bring more natural fulfillment into my life. This quote from the Don Juan books sums it up perfectly...

"A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting
    Carlos Castaneda"

For me, PERSONALLY... I am finding that I am doing too much thinking about acting and far less acting. Too much chilling and passive enjoyment of life (which is great), and not enough active, creating contributing to my life. Thus, when I'm out of weed... I feel like something is lacking. Like things aren't as good as I feel they should be. My job just financially screwed me over by re-arranging my position and cutting my hours in half... I don't have too much going on in my life... it just doesn't feel as epic as I feel it should. And I KNOW that a big part of this feeling is that I know that I am not living up to my potential. I could be playing shows with my music right now, possibly even touring my city and eventually the country. I could be running an online community of intelligent, aware and conscious beings all dedicated to being the best people they can be and growing together... I could have some published writings out there, and be getting feedback from people.

Basically... I could be reaping so much more sweet and juicy fruit from my life... but I'm not, because I am not sewing enough of the seeds. I have come to a place in my journey where I feel like I have found my calling(s), discovered my gifts, gained confidence and belief in my self, and I know what I have to do to make my visions comes true... I have a vision... but I am simply just not taking the baby steps day in and day out to carry them out and make them reality. I feel like I'm right on the verge... but I am holding myself back.

Now... once again, I don't think it's realistic or right to put all of the blame of this lack of "DOING, ACTION" energy solely on the weed. I, by my nature, naturally have a more chill and laid back nature to me anyways... I've never been a really A-type, super-focused, hard-type DOER person. So that is a factor there. Then there is also the thing that we all struggle with... laziness. That human trait is also a factor. And plus, there is my very "grand-picture-oriented" perspective on the world, in which I view all things, even the most "noble" of deeds, as ultimately so small and insignificant on the grand scale of time and space that if I spent most of my life just chillin, high, in the mountains of Hawaii... it wouldn't make any difference and it doesn't really matter either way. "Life is short... I'm only here for a short time anyway, so why not just be lazy and enjoy my time now?" That kind of mindset is another factor for me not getting a lot of shit done.

But I am realizing that that mindset isn't bringing me my greatest fulfillment. Even though we are a tiny speck of dust in the scheme of the universe and infinite "time"... this tiny speck of dust is all we know... it is immediate and very significant to us from our perspective. What is so small from outer space is big from here on Earth... and what I do, or don't do, DOES in fact matter on how I experience this thing called life. Do I want to just drift by in life, working jobs, and never really setting myself apart and doing something extra-ordinary for the betterment of mankind and the world? Smoking, getting high and chasing pleasures from here to there? Or do I want more? Do I want to CREATE a life based off of giving and sharing my vision and serving the world, and in turn receiving all the support and blessings from the universe reflected back at me? The universe is a mirror... and what you put out is what you get back. I don't want to continue not "getting back" AWESOME because I am not "giving out" enough awesome myself. I don't want to stay stuck and stagnant in mediocrity, which I what I have been feeling again lately.

For me, personally, I am about to embark on another extended break from herb... after I finish up this last batch tonight. In it's absence I am going to get really serious about doing what I need to do in order to make my life better and make it the awesome life it has the real potential to be... provided I put in the effort and make it happen. Sure, not everyone would have to stop smoking in order to get shit done... but for ME, personally, I just find it too hard to stay focused.

That is just where I am at in my journey. Like I've said before, everyone is on their own journey, everyone has their own road to travel and their own decisions to make. This is what I have found. Weed is great for chilling, and when you don't have anything you need to do... but when I have things I need to do, I haven't been able to balance the effects of the herb with getting a solid work ethic established. So I figure I need to take some time, really work on my work ethic and my discipline... and then once I get that down and I am accomplishing the things I want to accomplish, manifesting the visions I have envisioned... once I really get my life rolling again, then  I can pick it up again and enjoy it a whole new degree.

Hope that was in some way useful. :) Peace

18. @[member="LittleJacob"] First Off, this info is on point. I've been smoking since I was 14. Now 26. I understand where you're coming from because it time I feel the same way about my productivity when it comes to getting some work done. Tonight is my last night and I will have to quit for the next month just to apply for these jobs. There is a different level of focus when you are sober. But just like you said I'm a natural a laid back guy myself but at the same time they are human traits that we also go wit the laziness and procrastination. You hit the nail in the coffin with the ying and yang description. Thanks for the story bro. That put some things in perspective for me.

Sent from my XT907 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. #80 Thejourney318, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2014
    So my long-term, reliable dealer moved away recently. I haven't had any weed for a few days, and I'm thinking about not trying too hard to get any weed for at least this pay period, two-weeks. Now, I'm not gonna say that I'm definitely not going to get any if an opportunity easily presents itself, but I'm not going to really try. When I ran out, I got the same feeling that I've been getting more and more recently, a sort of excitement about living life without weed. Now, I've smoked quite a lot of weed for a number of years now, certainly don't see it any negative sort of way. But also, certainly not as positive as I used to. It used to be very spiritually illuminating for me. Now, it honestly is just a life-enhancer basically. Just to make, whatever I'm gonna be doing, a bit more enjoyable. Which I don't have a problem with, because I'm not one who sees anything wrong whatsoever with drug use, whether or not you see it as having some spiritual benefit. 'Because I enjoy it' is a fine reason as far as I'm concerned.

But, there are certain negative I see now, at least relative to me, now. In some ways I think I'm a better person without it. Not 'better' in terms of like...being a good person...but just in life. When I'm high, first of all I don't like to do serious things. I consider the couple hours after I smoke to be 'my time,' to enjoy however I want. It bothers me when I get interrupted while high with some serious stuff with other people that I have to take care of. Not only getting interrupted by others, but just myself too. If I'm gonna get high, I'm not gonna go to the gym. If I get high, I'm not gonna want to study some thing that doesn't particularly entice me. When I'm high, I just want to enjoy myself. And again, this is fine, but especially when you're getting high frequently, if you maintain this attitude it does have a bit of a negative effect. And it has nothing to do with debilitation, it doesn't debilitate me whatsoever, I can do anything I can do sober while high with no problem whatsoever. It's just that...I don't want to do things that I don't want to do while high, moreso than if I was sober.

And when I don't smoke weed, my dreams start coming back. I hardly remember dreaming at all when I smoke. Without weed, I remember my dreams. Last night, I actually had a lucid dream. I've had like one lucid dream in the past year or so that I've been smoking pretty much daily. Prior to me smoking that much, I used to lucid dream like a couple times a week on average. I never do if I smoke weed. I remember when I became lucid last night, it was such a wonderful feeling. The first time in so long. I remember thinking, this is better than being high. Certainly infinitely more potential. More than a fair trade-off. And sometimes even non-lucid dreams are just...so nice. I have these dreams sometimes, where I have this feeling of love that is so powerful and incredible. I can't describe it. Just remembering that feeling while awake makes me feel very nice...I can almost feel it again, though not as powerful. And it gives me a certain hope for life. And to think that I could just be forgetting all of these dreams, because I'm choosing to get high instead...idk. I'm still not sure of the solution, I do enjoy weed, and have smoked it and supported it for a long time now...but there are certainly benefits to abstaining.