Benefits of buying the cheapest weed at the dispensary.

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr_Krabs, Dec 5, 2014.

1. So after looking on weedmaps I found a recently cool dispensary across town from my normal dispensary. They had an incredible deal $75 an ounce. Caveat being upwards of half the nugs have seeds in them. I figure even separating out the seeds I still get mostly an ounce of smokeable mid potency weed. And the seeds to me are a bonus for when I set up my clone and flower cabinet grow.

I'll report on the weed quality shortly. I'm picking through removing the precious seeds.

2. Not in a medical state ( NC ) but would be interested in seeing the "low quality " stuff offered at dispensaries. Im willing to bet that the stuff you get for 75 an ounce is better than my east coast 100 ounce.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I live in nc too. At one time we were getting our bud shipped to us from Cali. If you've never smoked that caliber of bud, I promise you the best weed you've ever smoked would be considered mid where weed like that is relatively available. For instance the bud I've got now is some dank homegrown. Good smell, breaks down good, smokes good. But if I got it 3 years ago when I was rolling with the big dogs id laugh if my dealer put it in front of me

I'll have my guns, money, and freedom... Y'all can keep y'all's change

4. Obviously since there are actual procedures that are followed when growing at a dispensary. 

5. Why the heck was a dispensary selling seedy weed? That's messed up.

6. Eh, sometimes it happens. *__* especially if you have a breeding program and slip up just the tiniest bit, you can still spread that pollen shit all around.

The dispensary my brothers frequent in Colorado has discounts for shake and small flower. Small flower is usually 25-30/8th and shake is 15-20/8th.

If a grower has seedy weed to offer, why say no instead of just selling it at a steep discount? You still make some bucks, someone who can't afford the good stuff and/or isn't bothered by seeds gets a decent deal, win win, right? 

8. True BUT if i owned a shop selling bud.
    There would be no "seedy weed" in my shop.

Either the growers dont know what they are doing,or they couldn't give a shit.

Certainly not a supplier i would want to deal with.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Lol I'm an mmj vendor and have some product that's just like that and it goes decently fast at dispensaries.

10. Not saying it wont sell

11. Lots of NC heads up in here. NC as well here, coastal. I'm glad they have different grades available at dispensaries. Some people just can't afford top shelf, you know?

12. You obviously don't know much about the growing process if you're making this comment.

Things can go wrong in a growroom that is not because the grower doesn't know what he's doing or doesn't care.

13. No i would say im pretty clued up on the whole growing process,working with clones etc.

Yes things do go wrong in a grow room,and that is the growers doing.
    As a novice i had seeds in a grow. Made sure it didnt happen again.

Anyway its just my opinion i don't want to harvest seeds nor do i wish to smoke them.

14. #14 Bob Barker, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2014
    I have bought discount disp weed a couple times. It can be hit or miss. I got a oz for $100 and it had a shitty trim job and cure. To me it was not worth it when $150 will buy great stuff from a different disp.

15. I never thought about someone liking to frequent a low end dispensary. I guess that's sorta like a dive bar.

16. #16 budbudgoose, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2014
    shameless self-promotion time!

No...it's not...

There have been numerous times so far where we have found you trying to advertise on Grasscity...we usually permanently ban people who come here to advertise their business...you ave been given lots of leeway...

Grasscity is not the place for free advertising...if we allowed companies to advertise on here, this place would be over run by spam in days...

If you wish to promote your business on Grasscity, please check out our advertising partner program...

http://forum.grasscity.com/forum-562/announcement-22-advertise-on-the-grasscity-community-the-largest-marijuana-lifestyle-community-online/

I have once again removed the advertising in your signature, and the link on your profile page...

my apologies. this wasn't an out of the blue spammy advertisement, but a response relevant to the topic (as were most of the other plugs). I've also talked to other moderators about my current signature and the link on my profile and got the OK, but I guess you guys were being pretty laxed with me then too. but hey, thanks for the warning.

as for the GC ad network, I'm just waiting on them to build OS targeting capabilities (they said it'd be ready end of this year or early jan). 

19. One of the good benefits of cheap weed at the shops is if you want to make your own hash oil. Or if you just need some mediocre bud to roll up a morning blunt or something. Save a little bit of money and still have a decent smoke.

20. From a member in a non-medical state, I can only say; If I went into a dispensary and they were selling seedy weed at a discount, I'd be wondering where the higher end store fronts are. I am sure after a person has been around the dispensaries awhile, you start looking for "great" specials on cannabis. So, yes I get it now. I'm just not used to dispensaries yet.