Benefits of a regular sleep schedule?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Boojeah, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Lately ive been more concerned about my sleep, the dark circles under my eyes supports my idea.

I was wondering what the benefits of going to bed and getting up at about the same time would be.

In terms of mood/appearance/brain function

Is keeping a regular schedule worth the effort?

2. If possible, do stick to a regular schedule, it's worth it! I have severe insomnia (on average I sleep one night in every two) and I suffer for it. It makes me vague and easily confused all the time and really affects my performance at university/work. I wish I was able to sleep like a normal person.

3. I can't give you any actual information, but personally, I went from a terrible sleep schedule the last couple years to getting about 6-7 hours at fairly regular times. The difference has been amazing: I started loosing weight, I have more energy, I'm more focused, and just feel better overall. I highly recomend it.

1000th post!

4. A hundred years ago, people got an average of nine to ten hours of sleep a night. Anthropological experts say that five thousand years ago, they slept eleven to twelve hours. Humans have not changed significantly since then, and most of us are probably not getting enough sleep.

5. HAHAHA I thought this thread said SHEEP SCHEDULE.. Ohhh good times..