Benefits of a bubbler?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by WEEirDo, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Well, I have like $60 right now and I want to buy my first piece and I was thinking well, I dont want just a spoon b/c its to common. Then I was thinking how about a bong, too big tho. So I was thinking what about a bubbler?

Can someone tell me the benefits or whats good about it? Does the fact that theres water in it make the hit smoother?

Was looking at these from GC if I cant find one tomorrow at this place.

Bubbler - Colored and Fumed - Coloured and Fumed Bubblers

[​IMG]

Sherlock Bubbler Gold and Silver Fumed - Coloured and Fumed Bubblers

[​IMG]

Would #2 be worth the extra dough?

2. #2 UofABoogie, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    I love my bub. It has my favorites from a bong and from a pipe. Water like my bong to cool off the smoke and smaller like a spoon for easy handling. I chose a straight bub rather than the one that dips down. I have a cat and didnt want him to knock it over. My bub have become my everyday user.

EDIT: check out my bub

http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/376289-new-bub-scale-lady-salvia.html

EDIT AGAIN: Got it for $50

3. Now that you say it, it would be a hassle with the sherlock bub, Id have to empty the water every time or build something to put it on so the water would leak out.

4. #4 Indi420, Apr 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2009
    My gf uses this bubbler. Her lungs aren't that strong so she can't take fat bong rips.

It was 23$ at a local headshop, You should look around in person at head shops before you order online. Don't have to wait for shipping, pay large shipping costs on something cheap and you get to hold it and see it up close before you buy.
    [​IMG]
    The bubblers name is Shirley :)

5. I was lookin for one that small but ended up gettin a bigger one. Wee, it should have a flat bottem so you dont have to lay it down.

6. If you can, try and find a double bubbler. Ijust think they hit better than singles... although I don't know if there is evidence to back that up

7. What do you mean if you can? Theres tons of single, double, and even triple prodo bubblers out there. Your local headshop should have atleast single bubs, if not some dubs. Mine happens to have a couple triples too.

8. Basically, the benefits of a bubbler come between a regular pipe/spoon and a bong. A bubbler is a portable in that it's only a bit larger than a pipe, but still provides the filtration that a bong does (granted, not as well as a bong). I would personally recommend saving up a little longer for a bong if you're going to be primarily using this to smoke from home, but if you won't have the skrill then a bubbler is much better than a typical pipe/spoon. Good luck finding your first piece!

9. Bubblers are great, ive always thought that the experience of smokeing weed is almost as important as the high, bubblers make the experience awsome. Becuase someone else posted, they do filter out just like bongs makeing them 'hit harder' then bowls / spoons soyou enjoy it more but also the fun u get from hearing the little bubbles bubble makes u smile when ur not smokeing it, they are awsome! Yeh sure they are more expensive then spoons but thats no big deal... but if you do have the capability of getting yourself a bong, get it you will thank yourself for it l8er... im gone right now... and because of this thread i used a bubbler to get there :)

10. they hit a lot smoother. good to chief on, they cherry good. i own a hammer bub.

11. I have a hammer bub and I personally love it. The hits are smoother, it gets you noticeably higher than a spoon and I LOVE the way mine looks :) so I would suggest to buy one.

12. i've got a few bowls, a bubbler, and 2 bongs. a short roor straight pipe and a really tall single perc phire.

the order they are most commonly used...
    1. the roor. - it's a roor and itll rip your face of despite it's size. great diffuser on it. smoooooth hits.

2. [​IMG]
    the bubbler - i use this very often and one of the best pieces i've bought. it's not your ordinary bubbler, it bubbles when you clear it like a bong. the downstem is not attatched to the bowl but it has a chamber with the bowl/carb/downstem. it's also got a diffused downstem. crazy.

3. the phire. big and powerful but its too big to pass around a lot.

go with a bubbler if you're strapped for cash. they're awesome. but get a gong if you can.

13. Id get a bong if I could, but I still live at home so I think a bub would be easier to hide.