bending

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by mr.mary, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ive heard that bending the plants stem and branches back and forth throughout the plants life b4 it starts budding will make it stronger and will make it able to hold bigger buds thus it growing bigger buds for a higher yield. is that true? i do it to my plant but it doesnt seem to make a difference from what i can tell....it does make the plant stronger, but as for more buds idk..............but isnt the fan bending them with the wind???

2. Well here is some input...I have ten babies in the ground since early April. All ten are being tied/bent to grow along the ground. WOW! The base trunk of some are over 3 inches thick already!!
    They twist and bend very easily when young plants. Every single branch that is growing off these plants is now reaching upwards and I am spending a huge amount of time keeping them bent down! I am doing this to keep my babies concealed....a few of them are well beyond three feet tall already, and the best part of the summer is yet to arrive. I live in So. Cali so I am like thinking holly shit these babies are going to be crazy big come August at the beginning of Flowering stage:)
    They look like hedges, rather then MJ plants cuz they are adapting to the tie down by the entire plant filling in...I had a friend who had two in the ground this way and between the two plants he got almost 5 LBS!! pretty impressive numbers!!
    By the way I see it at this point, tying them down forces the entire plant (every branch) to reach for life...They look amazing...I am so effin excited I can hardly stand it..lol
    here is a pic of one...
    hope this helps somewhat..

peace and happy growing

Attached Files: