Bending.?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by TheAdmirer, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Does Anyone Bend Thier Plants.?
    I Don't Know A lot Who Do,, But I Did And I Have Way More Light Green Tops Than If I Let It Grow Normally..
    I'm Aiming For A Pound,, I Know My Hopes Are Really High,, But I'll Be Cool With A Few Ozs Of Some Quality Buds,,
    But Ne Way,, Oh Yeah The Bending
    It'll Max Yield,, That Is If All The Other Factors Are Right..

Spaceman Charlie..

2. Sour D.. She's 4 Months, The Season Just Started In Socali
    I Expect Her To Get Pretty Big.. What Should I Expect Out Of Her By The End Of The Season.? Dry.?

Spaceman Charlie..

Attached Files:

3. Yes, many people use the LST (low stress training) method to create more tops and to have an equal canopy.

4. I always lst

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Stray Dog, May 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2014
    (2nd Week LST) :: 11 New Heads.

I'd say yeah, bend her over an tie her down...didn't know that would come off so dirty lol.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If you're going to top, bending is the least stressful way to go. Peace! :smoke:

7. Yes I have pics of bent plants in my grow journals.

8. I prefer super cropping over bending, unless i'm training a new mother.

Even though it seams harsh on the plant, I am a firm believer super cropping redistributes the plants hormones faster to the new "terminal", or top cola, making for faster recovery time and faster offshoot growth. I used to think the plant having to heal the wound on the stem slowed growth, but I have since learned that super cropped plants grow even faster than bent ones.

• Like Like x 1
  9. ^ Yep what he said.

Why don't you do it to your mother plants?

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 CasperTheStoner, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    I'm also curious why you dont supercrop the mother.. Is it to keep control of the height?? And on an unrelated subject, I'm thinking of buying either Purple Haze or Tangerine Dream... Anyone have experience growing either of these strains?

11. I Don't Have A Mother,, That's A Clone I Got From The Dispensary..

Spaceman Charlie..

12. Bit I'm Openminded To Everything Related To Growing..

Spaceman Charlie..

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406432085.639805.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406432133.809062.jpg

I got a bunch bend like this growing right now.. These are just the only ones I have on my phone..
    The bending does wonders !!

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

14. I am attempting bending after a crop . turn out is amazing

15. I have a few purple haze right now, they are a little fussy but I was hard on them. I'm actually compairing lst/topping with mainlining on them. Follow the link below if you way to see. They are young.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/1387325/

16. I have to say marijuana is one of the toughest plants I've ever seen. You wouldn't believe what you can do to a branch or stalk and it still survives. If I go break a branch on an alder outside it dies the next day. If I snap a branch on my weed plant it doesn't even wilt. It's one of the most resilient plants to bending and training I've ever seen. It's literally hard to kill a branch or top you have to be an idiot. You can snap one in half and duct tape it. It will survive just fine.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Duct tape should be in every gardeners toolbox. OP - keep a roll handy in your room and believe me - you'll be glad it was handy without needing to go searching for it. When you DO need it, you want it quickly - or you probably didn't need it.

Seriously. What @Tbone Shuffle said.

J

• Like Like x 1
  18. I recommend the white duct tape if you can find it. It doesn't soak up as much heat from the light.