Bending Plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Shmopcity, Jan 26, 2017.

1. My small plant is bending toward my light. Is this an issue, do I need to fix it? Any help would be great, thanks!

Attached Files:

2. It no big deal. It will alway try to face the light. Once it get a little taller and space is an isue, you should check out LST method to help increase more main bud site.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

3. Okay thanks! Do you know a good height as to when to start the LST method

4. You can do it as soon as it has 2 node, just becareful not to snap but doing gradually over a few day. I bent mine almost 90 degree as soon as the 3rd node appear.

5. I don't think it's an issue but I would try to fix it so it's growing straight. I grew once and my plants never bent towards the light I had 2.5 2400K 60w CFLs per two plants. I had one main light as the sun and another 1.5 lights off to the side penetrating through the sides and they haven't bent. It's strange seeing how it kinda twist but if you're concerned use a hair holding stick or a straight piece of chicken wire to hold it into place and allow it to grow up the stick or wire. Keeping it close to the stem

6. I also noticed you're using a cool blue light for veg usually blue cooler lights are for flowering stage if I were you I'd throw a couple cfl's on it just to help balence the lighting. You can never have to much light!
    Low stress training can be anything from using a spare fan to constantly push against the plant, slowly bending it over, growing upside down, trimming fan leaves etc.

7. Not sure if you mistakenly mix blue with red. Blue light and natural white spectrum are best for veg, red and orange is more of flowering spectrum. Normally you can use all 3 but blue to veg and red to flower. Red is closer to fall season.

Not to mention blue help the plant not stretch as much and cause the node to be closer for shorter grow, while red actually kinda stretch the plant.

• Like Like x 1