Believers in god, read this

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by CheechMarley420, Dec 17, 2008.

1. I do believe in god
    And many people do

And everybody has had a time in their life when they ask god to show us hes there, to show us something and have us have NO doubt in our heads its him
    This time in my life was recent and well some shit happened, and it was god

Like i had a VERY long extensive argument with my friend Danny one day and i told him "What are you gunna do if something really weird happens to you and this conversation is the very first thing to pop in your head?"
    Then that night i was thinkin, well, i want something really weird to happen to me and i want to immediately think of that conversation and of god
    WEll the next day i was with all my friends and we found a soccer ball and were kicking it around and well it rolled down a hill and went off the curb, and it went literally right back onto the sidewalk. Like someone kicked it or something. Then this soccer ball was about to go into the road again and it dead stopped right before the white line. Then this soccer ball was going thru a parking lot and thru a archway in between 2 building about to go right in the road and the ball was going FAST and it stopped right after it dropped off the curb and stopped.
    And i was thinking, well i dont think god would do that and before i was even done thinking that the verse "God works in mysterious ways" popped into my head

2. Bullshit?

Hahaha ok

3. wouldnt god have better things to do than play with a soccer ball?

4. If hes trying to get somebody to believe hes there then i bet you he has time to do just about anything

5. Well, I'm a believer now.

Thank you, CheechMarley, for showing me the light! :hello:

6. That doesn't really resonate with me.

7. Thank you Perpetual Burn, for being a prick
    Haha

And resonate? Please elaborate on the meaning here because last i checked i was talking about god, not a pipe

8. Curious, what good does it do you to get others to believe in god?

9. why do christians always try and force other people to believe exactly what they do, im a christian and i couldn't care less what other people do. Its a personal thing and i dont see the point in blogging about something that never happened trying to convert people.

PS, the word resonate was used perfectly, man. I dont see what you mean by 'pipe'

10. Maybe you shouldn't get high before playing soccer then.

11. #12 Blutteufel, Dec 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2008

WOW. I really hope you're joking, because if you're not, I strongly suggest you buy a dictionary.

12. Yes, many people do believe in many different God's of one sort or another. Or, many people believe in one God but don't really know anything about him since they all disagree on who or what he is or desires. The problem is that once you have a form of God you believe in your mind he must have some characteristics that separates him from nothing. It is not enough to say, "I Believe." You must closely examine "What it is you believe" and "Why is it you believe what you do." Otherwise you "Believe" and are not sure what it is you believe exactly.

And how is it you latch onto "No Doubt" so easily? How did you come to this knowledge of your God and is it valid? Surely what you believe is a product of presumption and speculation. And most likely not even your own assumptions and speculations but passed on to you by other men with not so clear agendas.

In all, "Thus saith God..." always comes from the mouth of a man or from a book written, translated, and edited by man. A work of men. A little doubt is warranted.

There was a quote I love, went something like this: Skepticism or Doubt is always the first armor of defense against foolishness.

And any high flying faith that can leap over any reason or fact with the greatest of ease is but a cheap thrill ride. Don't exasperate my little faith with foolishness. I have a little faith and don't desire any big faith. And this condemns me to Hell by some God?

Consider this Christian God: In the end God will appear and separate the goats from the sheep. On his right hand is Christ and the Kingdom of Heaven, and on his left hand is Hell. Sheep go to Heaven, goats go to Hell. Now consider the Christians go to eternal Heaven while others go to eternal Hell. Is this wonderful? You snug and comfortable in high Heaven while others, some you know, are eternally being tortured in Hell? This place stinks like sh*t! Or perhaps you think there will be a veil covering Hell so you in Heaven won't know anybody is burning in Hell. How could you be happy otherwise. Once again in Heaven as in life you wouldn't care or have any desire to know the truth.

Let me make this clear, my life is not for sale by promises of Heaven or Hell. It's my life and I want "Truth" and I am willing to burn in Hell for it. Don't expect me to be swayed by Heaven or by Hell, I want the thing that is between the two hands...and that would be truth.

Funny, when I first started reading the KJV I went looking for Hell to do battle instead of Heaven. Know this: It is not a God King of Heaven and a Satin King of Hell. According to the KJV it's only the two hands of God...King of Heaven and Hell. One.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." Isaiah 45:7 KJV

Sorry for the rant, I seem to be such a blow wind lately...fool that I am.

13. I'll elaborate a little more, please forgive me.

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things." Isaiah 45:7 KJV

Maybe you remember that the "Knowledge of Good and Evil" both came from one and the same tree in the tale of Eden. And here is one God with both Good Heaven and Evil Hell in his hands. And what about the God's Image Man? Let us look into the mirror to see. One man, in which is neither all good nor all evil...but in every man is a measure of good and a measure of evil. It doesn't take two to make good and evil. One is enough. Tree, God, Man...Image to image. Good and Evil are but two sides of the same coin. Like Mountains and Valleys, you can't have one without the other. They come together.

Maybe part of a Christian believer goes to Heaven and part goes to Hell...or should.

What anyone believes does indeed matter. Don't think what you believe doesn't matter, it does. Remember the Witch trials and death of people of Salem? People were accused, convicted, and put to death for being witches. And the whole root of this disastrous deed was that people allowed themselves to believe that witches did exist. It was the direct result of allowing themselves to believe witches existed that brought this on.

And here we have planet Earth, a Heaven for some and Hell for others. Surely Truth and a desire to make Earth a better place for all should be laid in the balances. A little understanding may take Mankind a lot further than blind obedience based on personal reward or punishment.

Okay, now I'm overdone for today.

:bolt:

14. For one, i was not high when this happened
    And about resonate, i was kidding, at that time i was high
    And it did happen and you dont have to believe me because it is kind of unbelievable i agree
    But the title of this was "Believers in god, read this" i wasnt trying to convert anyone or get anyone to believe what i believe i was just looking to have a conversation because weird shit like this happens to me alot and it most likely happens to other people too. So shit, if you dont believe in god, and the title says "Believers in god, read this" then it looks like your the one who made the mistake, not me

15. If all powerful god was to show you a sign, increasing your faith, don't you think it'd be a little more spectacular than a soccer ball rolling around?

16. I believe that "God" is merely our maker. Whatever it was that created us is God. However, we're not supposed to know exactly what God is, we're just suppose to understand that we WERE created. That is the only thing we have proof of. Everything else shouldn't be questioned.

It's like when you ask a Christian "who created God?". They usually say "we're (as human beings) just aren't suppose to question that." Well, I think, we aren't supposed to question anything.

Acknowledge you are real; that you were created. Bam - you got your God.

God can't kick a football. God can't speak to you. However, understanding that you are real and that you WERE created should open your eyes to the good things in life.

I'm not trying to preach, but to say that God kicked/touched in any way/played with a soccer ball is pretty dumb.

17. I had some crazy spiritual moment the other day and the following days have been pretty strange. I remember getting home after taking a final that I thought I flunked and felt like shit about so I got stoned and got on the internet. In all my boredom I googled 'reasons not to kill yourself' and found some convincing stuff, totally not serious..again..haha.

Next day I pick up my friend to go to class and his neighbor shot himself in the head.
    :confused:

18. :laughing:

dog unless you're a non-native english speaker, you'll get eaten alive in S&P without any kind of vocabulary

19. Sorry man but that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard anything say on GC. Either that or the worst comeback.. not tryna argue man just sayin my feelings

Main Entry:res·o·nate [​IMG]Pronunciation: \ˈre-zə-ˌnāt\ Function:verb Inflected Form(s):res·o·nat·ed; res·o·nat·ingDate:1873 intransitive verb1: to produce or exhibit resonance2: to respond as if by resonance <resonate to the music> ; also : to have a repetitive pattern that resembles resonance3: to relate harmoniously : strike a chord <a message that resonates with voters>transitive ver