believe it or not. just thought id share this

Discussion in 'General' started by lalamann, Nov 29, 2012.

1. So, on black friday i was at the kofee haus in Frankenmuth MI, walking to the bavarian inn for lunch, and i happened to drop a cigg off the curb and when i bent to grab it i noticed something in a plastic case, and i recognised it immediately...

i found, and i am dead serious, an 1886 S mint MORGAN FUCKING SILVER DOLLAR in damn near UN-cirulated condition. still shiting bricks as im typing this. beause i just coin-traced it, and here is the page i ended up on.
    1886 S Morgan Silver Dollar Value | CoinTrackers

Make of it wt you will, im 650 miles from home with no way to take a pic till sunday when i head home, i thought it made an interesting story lol

2. few grand in your pocket :D

Well done brother :smoke:

3. #4 lalamann, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2012
    my thoughts are this: if your stupid enough to walk around a tourist town with a $3000 coin in your pocket, you deserve to lose it xD

and if someone had just bought it, im sure karma will bite me in the ass somewhere down the road lol

4. are you seriously going to get 3 grand? congratulations if you do...

5. hell yea! post pics when you get the chance

6. Don't wanna be "that dude" but you should take that to the police man. Everybody's lost stuff before, couldn't imagine $3000 though, I would be heartbroken. If nobody claims it, its yours legally.

7. lol the best i ever found was a super mario world gameboy cartrdige ont he ground outsife a gamestop. i didnt want it, offered it to a friend he didn't want it either so i trashed it.

8. Man sell that shit, then get a sweet amount of bud, and a banana split

9. Everything happens for a reason, that was your coin, you were supposed to drop that cigg. :smoking:

10. #11 Chrismittty, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    That's an expensive coin you got there, don't you ever let it go for melt..Check fleabay to see what they can be realized at, Cointrackers is a good way of getting an idea on the value. That would make my day as a coin collector and silver bug. sheeeeiiit.

11. [​IMG]
    was this where u were when u found it?

12. Go onto that show Pawn Stars. I'd like to see them try to only give you $50 for it; those bastards.

13. The only thing I ever found in Frankenmuth was Christmas lol Its always Christmas over there

14. #15 Chrismittty, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2012
    Well, see, intrinsically its only worth 26.00 or so, but then the Numismatic value, its worth anything from that base silver value on up, I think seeing 50 on a 1880's Morgan would be pretty nice in most cases but maybe not this one, I would likely try and get close to top dollar being almost un-circulated and all.

Got a pictureee for us when you're home??

15. #16 lalamann, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2012
    damn close, 15 or so feet back and to the right by the tiny table n ash tray in front of the koffee haus across from the bavarian inn carriage loading and smoking area

pics sunday after i make the 11 hour drive to Tn lol

to anyone that calls bs: it was cold with blowing flurries that day, we walked from bronner's to T.Dub's pizza and sandwich's. where you can get a pizza calzone in the same building that you get saltwater taffe , then had coffe down at the koffe haus where i found the coin.

gotta love franeknmuth, my dad's side of the family lives 30 mins from it. And when family comes here to tn, my mom's family has frankenmuth's big brother Gatlinburg an hour away on its doorstep lol

16. No way, glad you dropped that smoke. It's like a trade.

17. not even a trade lol, i finished the cigg:hello:

18. oh yea, bovrian inn+fried chicken=win mutha fukin win, some of you guys know what i mean

19. the real question is what condition is the coin in?