Believe in an Afterlife but not a creator

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by MrNewbMcMuffin, Feb 11, 2018.

1. I like fractals but they feel so limited solely because they are finite in their beginning although I've heard tell of some zoom-out fractals but I digress. I feel like time probably doesn't exist, we're falsely interpreting something that's impossible to define or quantify in our current dimension. I would bet we're not the first beginning of anything and that our universe cycles itself with bangs and crunches perpetually. I try to imagine our universe as a full circle somehow, the same way I imagine an electron in two places at once. Meaning that it's a pretty well incomprehensible picture.

It is impossible to imagine a fundamental zero or one so you're correct there, zero and one are the two concepts given empiricism: absolution and infinity; both inconceivable. And you're exactly right with the clock interpretation and the 3 points and that's what makes this so hard to visualize really. That there is no distinction at all other than that which we rudimentary interpret and give as we can't empirically denote the difference between the 3. At which point does one rotation become the next? When does existence begin and end? It doesn't, I think.

I think the answer to it all is going to be inconceivable, an answer similar to "It is, but it isn't."

2. I forget who said it but basically 'time exists so everything doesn't happen at once'.

Think about it this way, what comes first, the actual or the potential? The reason you actually exist is because there has always been the potential for you to exist. So everything that exists came from its potential to exist. Infinity is a concept of pure potential.

Here is my favorite way to get this point across

[​IMG]
    The second part shows two waves that when added together cancel each other out. That flat line is nothing, BUT it has the potential for both of the waves. Imagine infinity like that, except imagine it as EVERY possibility infinity. You cannot measure time because there is no movement, time begins when the potential is separated into ACTUAL.

Watcha think?

• Like Like x 1
  3. The problem is that we're dealing with constructs that can't be imagined or pictured I think. It's like trying to imagine a line that is solid and still, while it is moving with all frequencies possible all at once. You've got it right with that last sentence for sure, I would say that time doesn't exist though because you can't measure when the potential is separated into actual, and even then this point is different for everything in existence due to the "warping effect" of time that's around all of us. I think this difference for all of us has little consequence to the discussion but it does mean that one point in time is different for everything even if its a 10^-100000 amount of effect.

Sort of like when the clock ticks over, you can't measure when the past becomes the future, secluding that moment of absolution we call the present is impossible in our plane; which is why I think our interpretation of time is flawed or fundamentally wrong. With time being infinite in either direction, there is no such thing as the past or future, potential and actuality don't really exist when everything cycles with no loss/gain in any direction.

This is probably one of the most intrinsic discussions this forums had I'd say lol.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Oh I know we can't wrap our 3lb brain around all this, but damn, it is amazing what we can cram inside our noodle!

I agree our concept of time is incomplete but I still think it is a function of the finite reality we inhabit.

I am not sure why you say actual doesn't exist, for anything to be differentiated it has to become actual, and since we can differentiate things, they must be actual and therefore exist.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I mean that, when everything is continuous with no moment of discernable absolution you lose potential and actuality. When it's impossible to tell the difference between the two, i.e. you can't measure that point in-between the two rotations on the clock you're left with something that "just is." There is no potential that leads to any absolute actuality when the entire thing is continuous potential and actuality at the same time.

I think when you break down everything we interpret and take away all imposed meaning, there is no differentiation between anything. It's all protons, neutrons, electrons, go smaller you get quarks and leptons. Any meaning and difference there is, we create based off a sensory illusion. Everything is one and the same in its empirical essence. I mean what is the difference between the raw elements and a walking talking human being but time?

6. I am not sure what you mean by continuous, quantum physics came about because we discovered reality is discontinuous, hence the quantum leap!

7. I don't know what you mean by that, my understanding on quantum mechanics is pretty bare. As far as I know our earliest quantum physics theories/experiments were when we observed light has functions similar to a wave? I remember they split light using some slitted paper or board. A quantum leap is when an electron changes shells? Not sure what you mean.

I mean it is continuous in that there was never a start and there will never be an end to existence as we know it. Our universe may have an expiration date but it will crunch and bang again, time stopped and started within as we observe it, but outside of the singularity that results from a big crunch, time doesn't stop because if it did the crunch wouldn't bang.

8. Yea they discovered electrons 'teleport' from one energy level to the next, they are never in between, so they discovered reality is quantized rather than continuous.

I see what you are saying though, only problem is, we have no idea if we go through multiple bangs and crunches.

9. Ah okay yeah I got you, I didn't mean that but I think you get me though. Very true, we don't know for sure, and even whether space is accelerating or decelerating is of question depending on what you observed when. They're finding evidence that shows the acceleration is slowing, or that the universe is not expanding near as fast as we predicted though. It's really a gambling game of beliefs, between our lack of knowledge/observation and our inability to comprehend.

I think singularities are the key, the big bang started with one super massive singularity, it's speculated anyway. Eventually all stars will burn out, forming black holes, the black holes merge forming super-massive holes. Eventually the singularity will implode on itself when there is no more space, light, or matter to suck in. And then an outward explosion, another big bang! This continues in perpetuity, and I propose that it's always been there, as inconceivable as such a thing is. As inconceivable as electrons teleporting around brokenly or as they exist in two places simultaneously.

I also feel that black holes could be funneling into different universes, I enjoy the multiverse theory, that our universe is in some greater space interacting with other universes in a blob like fashion. Warping and bending around the others. All possibilities of everything occur in this realm throughout the infinite amount of different/same universes. I forget what they called it, I don't think it was blob theory, membrane theory? I think it was membrane, It tied into super-string and multiverse theory. I wish I were more rehearsed for this topic! It's been years since a good discussion on this, these kinds of thoughts and observations don't occur to so many people.

• Like Like x 1
  10. M-brane was it? Im foggy on some of the various imaginative models.

It is funny when you say a huge singularity, or even scientists say a tiny one, since it wouldn't have size being that time, space and matter don't yet exist hahaha.

I get rather boring at this part, I don't buy into a lot of the black hole, multiverse, or even the expanding universe. More than likely it is my own ignorance, but it seems to me scientists have strayed from reality and have been consumed by their fanciful equations and assumptions. Im not shitting on you fyi, in fact you are probably having more fun than me by not being so cynical lmao.

That is why I tend to prefer the abstract concepts that I can reaosn for myself without needing to rely on others to tell me how it is lol.

Have you ever considered that the 'physical' universe is but a projection from consciousness that is in a higher dimension? It all follows basic laws until we get down to the tiny level where we find the uncertainty. Uncertainty at the most fundamental level? This reality is awesome, how peculiar!

Think about it, no matter how far into things we look we never find anything 'solid' it is just energy and space.

Well im off to bed my friend! Until tomorrow.

11. I don't believe in an afterlife or a creator.

Afterlife I believe you just die and you never exist again. It's sad but it's what happens.

Creator is your parents I believe because that's how humans work.

Sent from my SM-G900FD using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. It has a lot to do with quantum physics, quantum physics spawned string theory and string theory spawned m-theory I think, it was a missing piece of string theory. It's pretty well how we imagine the 11th dimension to be, it's actually very interesting with a lot of science behind it (mostly math! wont lie) They've even come up with experiments to test string and M theory by measuring locations of celestial bodies and comparing them a few years ago, but whether they were carried out though and if the experiment has even finished I'm not sure.

It's all very conceptual, pretty well the nature of this quantum beast. I've always considered this branch to require a small degree of faith due to so much being unknown and immeasurable.

Something projects us lol, we're an image living in an image born from something or another. A consciousness, an event, something? I try to imagine whatever creating us as being some conscious or non-conscious conglomerate of everything or as some fundamental singular unit that everything simplifies to.

Everything small is just a smaller version of something bigger, perhaps it's a kaleidoscope type existence lol. We are bacteria that live on bacteria that live on bacteria x10^∞. Our existence could very well be a simulation/creation/test from another consciousness, in a dream we exist, where the creators mind fills in the blanks with what it thinks would make sense, but when you get down to splitting hairs, nonsense and funny things happen like in a dream state. A lot of our existence is just given, and not explained, it's practically in-explainable with logic as we know it. It's one big illusion no matter though. You saying that reminds me of this picture.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  13. Yeah I don't even entertain string theory or anything of that nature, Tesla said it best "Today's scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality."

I lean toward some sort of Plasma Cosmology being closer to a true description than any other cosmology, basically a universe dominated by electricity/plasma/magnetism. Check it out sometime if you get bored!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Aww that's too bad, because string theory and quantum physics explains a lot and actually makes a lot of sense. I mean, its practically our current model that we use for physics, and a lot of it is very proven, I mean we have quantum computers we've developed through a ton of experimentation in quantum physics. It is so applicable, while it may not be complete. If you think there are other dimensions you believe in part of string theory at least. It's imperfectly incomplete, but we've nothing better at this point lol.

I would consider plasma cosmology to be debased before I would quantum physics, gen relativity, and string theory. Plasma theory is straight up concept with no real peer reviewed sources at this point. No one can replicate the original experiments that were unproven in the 20s, many call it a farce. I mean if you go and try to discuss it on physics forums against our current models in a debate with professional physicists/astrologists, most wont even allow it, calling it theology and they'll tell you to take it to the philosophy forum because there's no solid sources. Most cosmologists call it contradictory junk, but I think it has its merits. I believe what we interpret as gravity, is more a function of electromagnetism. I think the big bang occurred still though, and also there's zero evidence of permeating plasma currents flowing to our sun which debunks a lot of the theory. The closest nebula is 450 light years away.

15. I know man, I hate to be a party pooper lol.

QP and GR don't rely on ST, ST was just an attempt to construct a model that worked elegantly regardless of its actual application (of which there are none). All the hyperdimensions are pure speculation, though I assume there is 4 spatial dimensions. So let us seperate QP and ST AND extra dimensions. I am not opposed to QP just to be clear, though I suspect some of the quantum oddness is due to an incomplete understanding which is fine.

Contrary to what the scientismists would have you believe, there is evidence for it. Obviously it is not one of the predominant theories so it doesn't get much funding (which is another matter for discussion), and 'peer review' has become a gatekeepers tool anymore. I am convinced of that by looking at tons of different areas of alternative science, and, I am not all that surprised (again we could get into that too).

I have dug into science, particularly physics, as a complete amateur admittedly, and I found glaring problems.

(posting this from my mobile and then I will continue on my computer)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Top to bottom there are problems that, for some reason, scientists seem to ignore or accept on faith. Like what?
    Look into the history of the Cosmological Principle, the arbitrary value injected into Einsteins model, why? because he thought the universe was basically static. Then they supposedly discover the universe is expanding, but they couldn't get rid of the CP because without it their math failed. So now we have an expanding universe AND the CP.

They predicted the universe would be homogeneous and isotropic, and it isn't. In science that should have falsified the model, but they just tack on another ad hoc explanation i.e. fudge factor.

They predicted there could only be structure so big in the universe and now we have found structures vastly larger, again falsified but not deterred.

They looked at galaxies and found that their model cannot explain their movements, again falsified, but not to be defeated, they sprinkled some pixie dust (another fudge factor) called dark matter! This shit is special indeed! It influences matter gravitationally but otherwise has no effect on matter so you cannot detect it, though they have wasted decade after decade and untold sums of money and man power trying to discover their imaginary matter. Don't get me started on all the various flavors of dark matter either. Cold, Hot, lukewarm, you name it (and none suffice).

Then their model broke down again at the big bang, for some reason it didn't expand at a predictable uniform rate, but at a varying rate! Never to allow their model to be falsified, they sprinkled on dark energy!

This stuff is everywhere and they seem to be beginning to come to terms with it.
    Latest Estimate on The Universe's Expansion Shows We Need New Physics to Explain It

There are a multitude of other problems I have noticed in my research. I set out to learn and understand, and I feel like I have been cheated.

BTW I am by no means alone here in recognizing physics is off.

Edge.org

And they cannot seem to construct a model of gravity that combines with the other 3 unified forces, I suspect they are headed in the wrong direction or gravity simply is not a fundamental force but a secondary one.

BTW the Sun is ALWAYS ejecting plasma toward Earth, the sun IS plasma and so is the solar wind, let us not forget flux transfer events.

Magnetic Portals Connect Earth to the Sun | Science Mission Directorate

It can be hard to see how powerful plasma is because, for whatever reason, science and its publications hardly mention plasma. They have tons of terms that mean plasma but most of the public don't know and it took me a while to realize it. In the link above it talks about high energy particles riding the magnetic portal, that is plasma. Whenever you see the term "dust", "charged particles", "ionized gas" and other similar terms, that is plasma.

99.9% of the universe is plasma Plasma, Plasma, Everywhere | Science Mission Directorate

Well I could keep going on and on but I'll shut up for now lmao.

LMK how crazy you think I am hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nope, QP and GR don't rely on ST. ST and GR are supplemental portions of QP. But extra dimensions are part of QP and ST. They're even finding how GR fits into these extra dimensions due to the curvature of space caused by light.

There are 10 dimensions to string theory, with the 11th being M-theory and a part of superstring theory; the 11th is an infinite amount of universes existing in a plane. This is what the physicists say for now, mathematics say there's an infinite amount of dimensions; I agree with the mathematics on that one. Math may be crazy and conceptual, but it makes sense despite being wild as can be. These supplemental theories are pretty well keys we've shoehorned to fit impossible keyholes in our theories, experiments, and calculations. We're just so limited between what we can measure, and what we can understand.

But we are sure we have up to 3 or 4 dimensions, so multiple dimensions do exist, we're currently testing for more with the LHC. The barrier is hitting 5 or more, if we can find graviton seeping, that will prove the 5th exists without a doubt.

I haven't seen any solid evidence for plasma theory myself, even the original experiments have been discredited, it has a lot of major flaws to its theory that utterly shoot it down for me, but parts of it are knowledgeable. The biggest killer for it is the utter absence of charged plasma currents all around us that it states should be there, flowing toward our sun. Plasma theory states that the universe should be like a giant nebula pretty much, with charged plasma all around. Scientists pretty well consider it disproven based off that simple fact alone. I'm open to any material you have on it though

I do think parts of it are in the right area, I think our understanding of gravity is like our understanding of time, empirically flawed. I'm willing to bet that gravity is pretty well just a function of electromagnetic forces. I mean everything is magnetic/electrically charged, you can pick up human beings with a strong enough magnet.

I'd like to think I know a little about all this but I'm far from any professional in these fields all my research is of a third hand curious nature just scratching the surface. I'm a medical man first, then a mathematician. I agree that it is important to review all possible solutions and theories, I don't think we've ever had one finding or theory that was 100% accurate. Conflicting ideas/theories is a good thing, comparing and contrasting is a defining edge in science.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'll write back to you again in a few days, just saw your second post after that last post of mine. Have to start rounds and I'll be off work afterwards. I don't usually get on here during off days but I'll respond soon! This is a lot of good stuff

• Like Like x 1
  19. It is a set of beliefs that requires some intense study to understand and people that don't understand it often just reject it instead of grappling with it. If you do want to understand it and grapple with the complexities I would be happy to assist you as far as I can.

20. Yeah I'm not too convinced of dark matter myself, the LHC experiment should shed light on the existence of dark matter but I'm very skeptical. The search for dark matter is the biggest expenditure on physics the world has seen, and with no results! I believe that different parts of our universe expand differently, for some unknown "dark matter" like influence. We have observed many different parts of the universe, some accelerating positive, others the acceleration is slower than it once was. We have conflicting theories of expansion and contraction from these observations.

The kind of trails plasma cosmology is talking about though, are different from solar wind and EMG forces from the sun that affects our magnetosphere. Plasma cosmology states that there should be plasma trails all around us flowing toward singular masses like our sun, similar to a nebula in a literal sense. And it also states that our sun forms celestial bodies that orbit it, which is also untrue. We know none of our planets/gas giants came from the sun.

Plasma cosmology states that stars are powered by this flow of plasma, not by nuclear fusion. Which just isn't true, the flow of charged particles just isn't there. We would definitely observe any such flow. We have long since discerned how our sun produces energy through fusion. The one way flow we have with our sun is also comprised of both positive and negatively charged ions; if plasma cosmology were true there would be a positive flow towards the earth and a negatively charged flow back toward the sun. This doesn't exist, just a single flow towards us with mixed charge. Also we have calculated out the EMG pull of the sun, and if it weren't gravity holding us here, we would float off irrelevant as the distance is too great for any such electromagnetic pull to hold such large masses in proximity. Think of how magnets work, just a hair too far away and the magnetic pull drops off severely to the point of nonexistance, we are far past that point; in one of these articles they calculated out the distance we would need to be.

Our physics is off, but plasma cosmology is much further off. Much of our current model is true beyond a doubt though, we are building things like quantum computers with its proven science, the amount we've been able to observe and prove has led to it being our evidence based standard model.

Neutrino Dreaming: The Electric Universe Theory Debunked
    https://briankoberlein.com/2014/02/25/testing-electric-universe/
    Plasma Cosmology debunked - plasma universe theory wrong
    How I know “plasma cosmology” is wrong | Galactic Interactions

• Like Like x 1