Believe in an Afterlife but not a creator

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by MrNewbMcMuffin, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Self-explanatory. I believe in that there is a Heaven and a Hell but I can't wrap my head around the concept of an all-powerful being. It seems too flawed and far-fetched. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

• Like Like x 2
  2. That's def something to think about

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I used to think the same way. I've tried it all bud. I was a militant atheist for a long time, then after a car accident I got involved in shamanism, and then eventually I converted to Christianity. The creator has provided many complex processes, sometimes sin is facilitated by God to teach lessons. This is a chewy subject. If you wanna here more, I strongly urge you to send me a private message. Peace be with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sorry but I'm gonna pass on that, I have a friend who talks to me about converting already. It's a touchy subject with me. I have my reasons for not believing in God as you have yours for believing. I appreciate it though.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  5. No problem, but you did ask for thoughts, and I gave you my thoughts. Peace be with you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I appreciate you giving your opinion, hope I wasn't coming across as hostile or anything.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Your good man

• Like Like x 1
  8. I don't believe in an afterlife or a creator. It would be sweet if I was wrong though, I'm down to chill somewhere for an eternity...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Never heard this concept before. But there's nothing new about it, really. It's about worshiping the creation and instead of the Creator. Goes all the way back to Genesis.
    Ok, up front- I am convinced of the 6 day creation. But I'm past arguing my belief. I'm just trying to connect some dots in my head to follow your post.
    You're actually stating that Heaven and Hell are spiritual places, for after life right?
    If the 'big bang' has the physical universe covered, then where do we come up with any type of spiritual realm? What is a spirit and how/when is it born? (or come to be?) What purpose does it serve?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. IMO & Belief....... Soul/Spirit = Infinite, sent through human vessels to collect data for God, through testing, experience etc...chew on that until the OP gets back with a response Ron Hip, not trying to jack the thread.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Afterlife is a nice thought. It’s soothing and keeps people calm. The idea of being able to live forever in a better life ,with the ones you love, for enternity has kept civilizations sane since the beginning of time. You could live your life of hell in poverty because it will all be worth it.

Unfortunately, I never could buy any of it. Reality is a bummer sometimes. I wish I could convince my brain of the idea of a God and afterlife. Would make life sooo much easier. I went to catholic school for 8 years and the more I learned the Bible the more ridiculous it sounded. Oh well.

Your heaven is on earth. Now. Make the most of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Sorry, I don't have audio currently.
    But that's a new one on me, too. God needs to collect data? Because there is something He doesn't know?
    How does God come by the authority to use infinite spirits to collect data? Or do all infinite entities work together for some common cause? Would you say they are equal with God? (being infinite and all)

13. It sucks you don't have audio because that video would explain it better than I could. We're all trying to get to the same place. The worst thing about belief, is that it causes arguments, BUT! everything else does too! So I chose the faith the best suits my life experience. I love everybody.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I'll try to watch it somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  15. That video, basically served as my bridge from Atheism, to believing in God. Plus he's one of the greatest old hippies of all time. You're gonna like it regardless. Get high and watch that shit sometime lol

• Like Like x 1
  16. Heaven and help are not the afterlife, they are being lived right now.

Definitely believe in a Creator.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'll try to share more thoughts soon. I'm in the hospital right now and I'll probably be here for a few days.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Start praying and cut that time in half

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hope all goes well for you.

• Like Like x 1