Beliefs in divinity and the matrix

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by vanilla_cola83, Mar 15, 2020.

1. I though as a child that god had created the universe and i had beliefs in deities.

As a stoner I seen life as a journey that was real. Others believed that there was angels that built us and the world. They spoke of the matrix.

After not smoking for years I became deeply religious in the idea that god was a computer scientist. I though the universe was a server and we were within it. I really believe I am divine or that I died in a matrix and others would say god descended to help me. But i really think i am meant to ascend someday to heaven.

Can you comment on the matrix, relating to the afterlife? Or reaching divinity...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Only 2 possible choices.

I'm not high enough for this shit.
    I'm to high for this shit.

<--Picks #1 and takes another Hash Capsule.
    BNW

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The matrix and the computer ideaology is a satanic lie. Also, divinity is most likely the same as well.

Jesus Christ is the answer. Fear the Lord, it is the beginning of knowledge. Seek Christ, and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. The only way to heaven is through Christ ..

5. I’d be so much more apt to believe in “god” if there was a grain of sands worth of proof.

Anything? Anything at all?

Can you guys give me some small iota of proof that there is a god?

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. If God wanted to prove himself to anyone He would and could and both. He wants trusting faith and a personal relationship from us on this Earth. Proof of God comes in Heaven. Patience and loving and thanksgiving are key to ever seeing the Lord.

7. Also, even in the matrix, we know that there is something ultimately Good out there.

8. Let me know how that works out for you in the end. Lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I'll try. If I die before you, look out for my spirit in your life. I'll give you an oreo mint cookie.

10. See - thats pretty much pure evil!

One lonely Oreo mint cookie & not even a tall glass of cold milk? Thats just rotten dude lol

Ok - back to serious tho - regarding proof and faith and the only item on the table being a 2 thousand-year-old Book written by men - and changed too many times -

Should I have faith in ALL old books? There are other old books from druids in pre-medieval times, old Jewish books, old Hindu books - and each says theyre true -

Which should I believe; and why?? With all due respect, please - because YOU who has also never seen, heard or felt god - because you tell me I should?

Should I believe Tolkien? C.S. Lewis? (No ill meant, please - trying to make a point) but a god who no one has seen or heard?
    We have absolutely nothing at all to go by here.

Exactly what is it that I should have faith in?

j

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Faith; To "Believe in" something or someone.
    Believe; To "Trust" or "Trust in" something or someone.
    You choose to believe something. -Weigh and reason with the knowledge you have.
    You decide where to place your trust. -Conscious decision.
    1 Trusting is being confident of what we hope for, convinced about things we do not see.
    2 It was for this that Scripture attested the merit of the people of old.
    3 By trusting, we understand that the universe was created through a spoken word of God, so that what is seen did not come into being out of existing phenomena. ~
    The rest can be read in Hebrews, chapter 11. It goes on to give examples of how faith worked out for the "people of old". But you have to be familiar with the context, and a little knowledge of the culture goes a long way.
    Find a Bible online and read the entire chapter.

12. Hey Ron. Hope you and yours are well.

If there was some kind of real documented proof - even from a thousand years ago it would be easier for me - but there just isn’t anything.

I simply hate the whole mentality that I received as a young teen and asked these questions -

“Because we said so”

“Because its in the Bible”

I’m not questioning you guys’ faith - not at all.

Be safe out there man.

j

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. The problem you describe is that you won't accept anything written by man unless it was written within the last 100 or 200 years. No offense intended, but that's a pretty lame angle when you think it through.
    You keep referring to a 2,000 year old book, that is literally a collection of books written over a 4,500 year span, by 40 different people from (I think) 3 different continents.
    Have you been to the Moon? Have you measured the diameter of the Sun? Have you carbon dated a rock?
    Are you aware that all the "science" you read about has been proof read, translated, and sent to press. The original author (the guy with the degrees) seldom if ever sees that article again before it gets to you. Very similar concept to Bible translations.
    You got questions? Here's a web site that gives pretty thorough explanations on more questions than you have time to read. You can type a question into the search, or just go to the home page and browse through a multitude of subjects. Warning, it's very protestant biased, but pretty thorough with explanation. I go there often.
    Is there any conclusive proof of God? | GotQuestions.org

This video is the best I've come across, by far, explanation of the hows and whys for "lost in translation" confusion of the Bible we have today. If you're interested, this guy is very thorough. He gives a 15 minute commentary before he goes into the chapter, so you don't have to watch anymore than the first part for the point I'm making. Very Jewish biased, but the best way I've ever heard it explained.

So, how serious are your questions, and what are you willing to ponder. Let your own interest decide. These are just 2 resources. Hope they help a little.

Stay warm and fed.:wave:

14. Hiya Ron.

The thing is, is that I can **SEE** the Moon and the Sun. Therefore they are real to me.

“The problem you describe is that you won't accept anything written by man unless it was written within the last 100 or 200 years. No offense intended, but that's a pretty lame angle when you think it through.”

Its not just the Bible, though Ron - at this website you can find ancient druid texts, witchcraft and other assorted pagan religious docs -
    Old Ways Druid and Pagan - Old/Ancient Books & Texts - I dont believe those either...because none of it has ever been proven. There are many other very old religious texts out there that I wont post but I dont believe those either - again, because none of it has ever been proven - at all, whatsoever either.

I can only guess that yourself, as a christian man doesn’t believe any of those old books/manuscripts either, right?

None of them - the bible included, have been proven and please don't think I’m trying to be difficult because I’m not. You believe in the bible because it pertains to your religion and (again, I’m just guessing) that you don't believe in any of the other religious texts out there because they don’t pertain to your beliefs.

I do thank you for posting the links and when I get time later I will take a look.

be well

j

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. You're not alone or being any more difficult that anybody else.
    The Babylonians could also see the Sun and the Moon. They built an observatory to observe creation even as they denied the Creator.
    Screenshot (1).png

16. Psalm 87
    1 He has founded his city on the holy mountain.
    2 The LORD loves the gates of Zion more than all the other dwellings of Jacob.
    3 Glorious things are said of you, city of God:
    4 “I will record Rahab and Babylon among those who acknowledge me— Philistia too, and Tyre, along with Cush — and will say, ‘This one was born in Zion.’ ”
    5 Indeed, of Zion it will be said, “This one and that one were born in her, and the Most High himself will establish her.”
    6 The LORD will write in the register of the peoples: “This one was born in Zion.”
    7 As they make music they will sing, “All my fountains are in you.”

I am not saying that all these cultures were believers, but rather there were believers from these cultures. God does not judge men by superficial standards, but by the content of their heart. To be honest I feel there is plenty of scripture to support a doctrine that we judge ourselves. In ancient Egyptian religion they say that your heart must be lighter than a feather. Guilt is heavy on the heart. Makes us feel unworthy, I find.

I believe in God's existence. Can't prove it. I think God is like the wind. I know it exists because I can feel it and see its effect on things.

I love the metaphor of a matrix for reality. When you think about reality in a computer program it brings a couple ideas into better focus. For one the size of the database storage wise (all knowing). Another is the unimaginable processing power( all powerful). And finally the trancendance of temporal and spatial concreteness (omnipresence).

17. #17 LilaIamnow, Apr 19, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
    The analogy that the universe is a "consciousness" server is a good one.
    Some more Analogy: Computational Metaphysics and Vedic Metaphysics

What is the matrix [maya], like the movie, "The Matrix" it has many hints.
    For example, at the start of the movie, Neo hides cash & important computer files in a big book:
    "Simulacra and Simulation".

NEO became the awakened ONE, experiencing NEW perspectives and insights.
    NEO and the anagram of ONE. Greek root NEOS meaning new.
    Recurring theme: Asleep/ Dreaming and Awake/ Lucid.
    Buddha is not a name, it is a statement "I am awake" or the " Awakened One".

"Do not try and bend the spoon, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the
    truth...there is no spoon. Then you will see it is not the spoon that bends, it is only
    yourself."
    [little monk represents the state of being awakened/ lucid]

Morpheus, the "dream weaver" guides NEO to navigate the Matrix and deprogram oneself by
    breaking out of the programming constraints.

What is reality? What is the Universe?
    Is it real, or virtual/ simulated?
    Is it a dream?
    Who are you?

Watch this:
    The Dream Of Life - Alan Watts
    ~3.4 mins

The Real You - Alan Watts
    ~3.6 mins

You have always been divine; you just forgot ;)

I have already replied to a post regarding consciousness and the afterlife.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I believe in Aliens. I've had a hallucination and dreams with them in it. One dream was my DNA twisting into an alien spacecraft and the background was outer space. We are NOT alone. Peace.:.

19. Given that religion lies purely on “faith” without evidence.
    My faith goes to the god eating penguin.
    There’s just as much proof that he exists as there is for god.
    I have faith in him so he must exist.
    now that we know for a fact that the god eating penguin is real. God cannot exist.
    Otherwise he wouldn’t be called the god eating penguin.
    See now how little your faith is worth?

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. The fucked up thing though is that there’s a shit load of evidence to suggest the matrix is real in some sort of way.
    We know we’re surrounded by various energies.
    We know our bodies emit certain frequencies which can interact with each other. When you watch a live band and they have good chemistry. It’s because their brains literally link together and behave as one. Saw a cool documentary where they wired a band up to all sorts of monitoring equipment to measure their brainwave frequencies etc.
    Anyone who plays in a band will confirm this for you too. That’s how jams work out and music is created. Only takes one person in the band to get the idea and the rest will follow it automatically without engaging any sort of cognitive thought.
    Gives you a crazy good buzz when you have a propper session.

Another scary bit of science is “the 2 slot experiment”
    Basically, by firing lasers and recording where they hit. they found out that light has some sort of self intelligence.
    It is aware that we are here and it behaves differently when there is someone there to view it.
    The light hit different parts of the target and spread out in different waves depending on wether or not it was being filmed or there was someone there to see it.

• Winner Winner x 1