Being

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Boats And Hoes, Mar 20, 2013.

1. This was a thread a while ago and I deleted it... don't ask why.

Without memory and reflection there is no I!

Cause and effect are validated by induction... a memory of the past (a past present) leads to an expectation of the future (a future present); but, can I 100% assert what will happen in the future based on what's happened in the past? No -- this is a logical fallacy. Now, if my brain didn't posses the faculty of memory and I can't remember the past, that must mean I can't expect a future. So, the past and future are just constructs imposed onto "the now" by a conceptual being who lives inside his or her own mind, thanks to memory. Asserting the past and future is an artificial way of living in ur own ego. Live in the now and build with the now... so that u can just BE.

2. Good to see it reincarnated.

3. you are on the right path friend.
    approaching the holy grail, the wisest men have self doubt at first remember this

4. i like this mode of thought. I just hate how its so difficult at times to live like this. In our society we are constantly waiting for things, waiting to graduate, waiting to get promoted, waiting to retire and thousands of things in between. I wana break this lame cycle eeryone is drentched in but i dont know how and part of me just thinks im crazy

5. It doesn't have to be, review your thoughts.

6. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDiZG-eAk30]Shpongle - Are You Shpongled [Full album] - YouTube[/ame]

7. I like shpongle

8. #8 Boats And Hoes, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  9. #9 Boats And Hoes, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    Brother, it does get hard, yet u will endure; stay strong and spread love to ur fellow human, no matter how dark or bad things get, retain the light within urself and do not let it be tainted by this mundane filth, for the great purge will come soon, friend... :hippie:.

"And since in this life greater rewards are often granted to vices than to virtues, few would prefer what is right to what is useful, if they neither feared God nor anticipated an afterlife."

10. Memory is a stranger....
    I tried to describe what it is like to one adult or another...
    when i was young enough i don't think i had started school yet....
    That having no memory is like running up a stair case...
    In the middle of nothing....
    As your foot leaves each step to move for the next
    That step you left...
    Falls away into that nothing....

Of coarse they didn't understand me....they never really tried...
    Now here i am...all these years gone by....
    only tiny bits remain behind...
    Or at least the impression i have of some few bits remains with me....

I have the unique perspective of one with some fucked up neurological issues which do literaly leave rather large holes in my memory....
    I have better impressions of memories from when i was young...and before i could talk...than i do of the last 30yrs or so
    I cannot tell you what i did yesterday without following clues i left myself...
    Half the time idk what went on 5min ago....
    I know/think/feel the past is gone...the future is not guaranteed...
    now is all we ever have
    Countless times i have woken....lost...
    No idea where i am...how i got there...

No past at all....
    Yet still i do what i can to continue making the most of this moment...
    whichever moment i happen to find myself in...

No real sense in dragging the past round behind you anyway...
    it weighs you down....makes you old...
    Learn from it what it has to offer as you pass it...and let it fall away...
    Be here now....
    Yesterday is gone....tomorrow may never be...

11. Preach, my brother!!

12. #12 ezak420, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2013
    “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

-Maria Robinson

Self organization emerges from chaos.