Being your own God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ReturnFire333, Mar 25, 2020.

1. #41 Deleted member 638051, Mar 28, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2020
    If there was any way possible we could be good humans, there would be no need for Christ. He'd gone to the cross for nothing.
    Jesus sweat blood while He prayed "If there is any other way, let this cup pass from me" ...but for the will of the Father be done.
    That makes it necessary. Jesus said He didn't come to save the righteous, and well people don't need a doctor.
    Love, care, mercy, and kindness, etc. are attributes God wants to "live through" us. Submission to the Holy Spirit is where these attributes flow through us from God.
    That's what this means:
    Phl 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
    In context with the rest of the chapter, talking about all things God has called you to do.
    Being human first, actually puts us in a dark, selfish, prideful, deceitful and perverted place. (where little boys are molested by holier than thou's)

Very true. But passing the buck to God is nothing new.
    Genesis 3:13 -
    God: "Who told you you are naked? Did you eat of the tree I told you not to eat?"
    Adam: "The woman you gave me, she gave to me of the tree and I ate it."
    Notice how quickly Adam tried to throw that monkey on Gods back. It was Gods fault for making the woman.

Now, I know it won't take long for somebody to fire back "so you can't be a good person unless you're a Christian?" Actually, not even being Christian makes one a "good person". We all fall short of Gods glory. The "good" is God working through a person. 'Lest we should boast.
    The world we look around and see here is not void and absent of Gods presence. The lake of fire is an eternal place of outer darkness and total separation from God. Everyone who's name is not found written in the book of life will arrive at that destination. And it will be chock full of people who thought they were good. If you don't want God in your life, He will honor your decision to be completely separated from His presence.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. For us it comes from the Spirit of God in us. And, we also verbally enjoy it as humans.

And for good folk like Jerry, he simply loves pragmatism.

3. Jesus died for every one good and bad and he never said I am here for good people. he said I came for sinners and we all sinned, but good people were there too. what about Martha, Peter, and different others. A good person will never do such a thing like molesting someone. There are Christians who are doing the wrong things and you know about it better as well. Being Christian what does it mean? Only Christians will be saved. Many people do not follow Christianity but they have done good deeds and only God can judge this. Today many are fighting for all of us so we can get the vaccine, are they all Christians? No, but are they not good? They are. Right? I was saying that we can't be God we are human beings and as a human one should first try to be good in their works. Adam was a perfect creation of God but still, he sinned. We are not direct creation. We will be imperfect in our actions, but we can always try to be good and build good qualities. How can someone be God? That's what I meant.

4. Sorry. I wanted to say that this virus was detected in Humans, and the person who detected it was not taken seriously. One person wants to help in understanding the virus's origin and find its elimination so people can be saved, whereas others want to neglect it. I mean to say negligence of a person has brought all of us to such a situation. That is why I shared the example of one person driving recklessly can kill or cause injury to someone. I shouldn't have said created. My apologies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. People often seek God to offer themselves hope of an afterlife without any actual understand or knowledge...just raised in a church listening to the pastor. There were many things changed in the Bible for various reasons. Simple things like the true Sabbath being on the seventh day was changed because of Jews being persecuted by an emperor. Basically it's always been forced upon people. We all know killing people is wrong....my advice just be the best person you can do what you think is right

6. So just to clarify you’re saying that god creating pedophiles to rape little children can only be a good thing. I’m just not intelligent enough to see why.
    Wow. That’s some faith you’ve got there mate.
    I also just realised you think homosexuals are “sinners” that makes you a pretty horrible person. Narrow minded, judgemental and homophobic.
    And you think your the good guys with high moral standards?
    I think not buddy but keep trying. :)

7. We do have control over death and we also have control over life.

Can you not remember “dolly the sheep”. The worlds first successfully cloned animal. That was like 20+ years ago mate.
    You can clone any animal these days if you’ve got the money.
    And regarding control of death. We, mankind has created medicine, antibiotics, blood transfusions (and you can’t say god created those cos many religious groups refuse to take them) and we created surgery.
    we can now print actual, living, human tissue and organs with machines.
    You need to get upto date with modern time my man.
    Science can now create life just as easily as it can take it away.

• Agree Agree x 1

8. Keep trying indeed.

9. I believe in the Ground Luminosity and practical science. We are all matter made from the same evolutionary heap, we are all cosmic light beings looking for wholeness in a world which covers our eyes such that a curtain covers the eyes of the audience.