1. Win a Personalized Grasscity Stoner Kit! Subscribe to our Youtube for a chance to WIN!
    Dismiss Notice

being still

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by mltagm424, Mar 1, 2004.

1. this was in one of my assigned readings for world lit:

Do I dare
    Disturb the universe?
    In a minute there is time
    For decisions and revisions which a minute will reverse.

-"The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock" by T.S. Eliot

my god, do i dare? there was just so much that spoke to me in those four lines. i find myself getting too caught up in what's due today, what do i owe this month, and i don't feel like i'm really living right now...just waiting for my life to begin...but this is it dammit! this IS my life right now! it's 4:20...i'm going to be still and finally enjoy a few minutes of my day
  2. i'll smoke to that.
  3. id smoke to that if i had some to smoke, but i dont, so ill just say i feel ya man, i feel ya!
  4. I'm not sure if I got this right, but anyway:

You are one of billions of people. We live on earth which is one og billions of planets in our galaxy. This galaxy (the milky way) is one of billion galaxies which together form the universe. So...how much could you possibly disturb the universe?

5. okay, what it meant to me was that all the stuff that i worry about every day is just too insignificant for the amount of energy i devote to it. and because there are billions and billions of people on one of the billions of planets in one of the billions of galaxies it's a pretty rediculous idea to think that i could even disturb the universe...it's like such an absurd thought that's it's funny and ironic and all complicated at the same time.

Grasscity Deals Near You