Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Being stealthy with a bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by rcc24, Jan 18, 2010.

1. So I am about to buy a bong however I first need some advice on how much it smells when Im smoking and afterward, how to get rid of that and just some general maintenance things. The problem with me smoking inside is that the only room I can smoke in has no windows (it does have a fan). Also, I have to be sneaky about cleaning I cant be doing anything to suspicious, even using febreeze isnt an option.

2. why, do you live with parents?

3. Yea and I got caught like 6 months ago it sucked. That's why I have to be so stealthy because if they smell febreeze or axe all in a room and I avoid them for a while they might get suspicious.

4. It smells a lot. A. Lot. It's weed, weed smells. Even using a vaporizer, you can smell it. You can't escape it, and if something as simple as using Febreeze is out of the question, I have no idea how you'd be able to cover the smell. I'd say buy an air purifier, but that's undoubtedly out of the question as well.

Maybe just stick to joints and go for a walk with one or something...

5. The bong itself does not smell that much after you finish smoking with it. The bong water will be dirty and will smell a touch when you pour it out though, also sometimes when you take a nice hit smoke will come off the bowl and will smell.

Just make sure you wash the bong out everytime you use it and give it a rinse with water. On occasion (depending on how much you smoke) you want to pour some salt + rubbing alcohol (99% if you can) inside it and plug the openings up with tissue paper and shake it for some mins. This should keep it nice and clean.

Take care of your bong and your bong will take care of you :)

Regarding smoking in a room with no windows, i really do not recommend this if you want to remain stealthy. The thing is, the heavy smoke has nowhere to go and will take ALOT longer to air out. The only way to minimise this is to make a sploof. This can be made by getting an empty drinks bottle, buying some activated carbon pellets at a pet store, and pouring about an inch into the bottle. Poke some holes at the bottom and blow your smoke through there. This should pretty much filter all the smoke.

Also, if you want to be as stealthy as you can, i'd recommend buying a bubbler/pipe. The smoking experience might not be as pleasant, but you'd be alot safer.

Hope all these tips help, dont be afraid to +rep for it :p

6. I did not know about these "sploof" things. That sounds like it would probably be the OP's best bet.

7. There are two types of sploofs:

One you can make with an empty toilet paper roll and put dryer sheets over it. Also the second types are the one i said above with carbon pellets, which work alot better.

Also line your door with a towel at the bottom and top of it. I guess you could blow your fan upwards, but seriously, you'd be better off smoking in a bathroom than you're own room.

As for the whole febreeze thing, just use some deodrant and say you were using it for yourself, shit, they cant be THAT controlling :p

8. Yea I have a sploof and I can deal with the smell of weed, I've been smokin for a while just always outta homemade stuff. I could step out side and use it thats an option for me. Then the question becomes how long does it take to smoke cause I live up north and its fucking cold out. Also cleaning, can just soap and water do? and id yes, how?

9. Well, OP, my situation might help you. I smoked a double chambered bubbler in my room with a sploof. (Windows are not open, too cold.) My sploof is made from paper towels sprayed with febreeze and the paper towels are packed tightly inside of a carboard paper towel roll.

Just after you take a hit, cover the bowl of the peice with your finger (tightly) to snuff fire out. This will eliminate smoke rising from the bowl after a hit.

Then, just blow the hit through a sploof, and you're all set. Just be careful, and try to ventilate the room as much as possible afterwards.

I've been doing this for weeks and no one has noticed.

10. Are you asking how long it takes to smoke or? Cause there are too many variables to determine this. Depends how much weed you have, how big the bowl is, the quality of the weed and the potency of your high. (The more stoned you are, the harder it would be to clear up afterwards)

For me, If i need to have a very quick session it will usually take me about 25 mins to pack the bowls, smoke and clean up. You could probably do it in less time just depends how you like to smoke. Some people like to take hits, chill back, take another e.t.c While others gotta smoke it all in one go and then enjoy the high after.

11. I disagree, whenever I smoke with a vaporizer+sploof in my room with an open window the ppl I live w tell me they dont smell shit. Ive asked them if they smell anything after I smoke and they say it just smells like bounty sheets.

Vapor smoke+Sploof= a "shot" of good smelling air that doesn't linger.

12. just pack snappers, so you dont need to deal with smoke from a cherryd bowl. and blow your hits through a sploof.

13. Yea I know but I smoke in my basement. Its alot easier and definetly more fun. I could step outside, but then again, how long does it take and how bad does the bong smell afterward.

For a refrence point, I took one grav hit from a 2liter bottle with good weed and coughed pretty bad. It fucked me up to with not much weed at all.

14. wats a snapper

15. #15 64bit, Jan 18, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
    A snapper is packing a bowl that means you only have one hit. It eliminates the smell that will emit from the bowl itself and so is more stealthy.

Like I said above, depends on alot of variables, but you can probably be done in 15 - 20 mins....

16. If you run a hot shower you can smoke in your bath room. but make sure the room is fulled with steam and squirt some shampoo or something into the bottom of the shower. to hide to smell. also if you can, try blow your hits out the window.

I swear this method with by life i have done it at least 10 times and no smell :D

17. Yeah, I had never heard of a sploof until this thread.

18. A bowl you can "snap" in one hit. Pack just enough for a hit, light, inhale, and you've just snapped your first snapper! cognrats!

19. i dont know about op..but the bathroom at my house doesnt have a window..only my parents bathroom does