being on time.

Discussion in 'General' started by TheOceanInside, May 14, 2011.

1. Yeah thats a huge pet-peeve of mine! I hate when people are late or don't hold plans straight.

2. I'm the worst at being on time to places. Like I have to leave for work ten minutes before my shirft starts. So lets say it starts at 3, i'll wait till 2:50 to get my shirt on/gussy up/grab some break food. Then I always misplace my shoes or keys or something. Then I'll get to the car and realize I forgot my ipod.

By the time i'm set and actually starting the car it's 3:05.

I'm really gonna change though I can't stand being late. It fucked me up at school this semester. Sucks even more when your late all the time, make an effort to leave early and you run into an accident scene or something outta your control that fucks you up

3. Fuck that shit, I get there when I get there. Unless we're doing something out of the ordinary, then I'll be there ASAP, but if it's to just chill and relax, I'll get there, if I'm late, do something constructive with your time instead of venting and getting angry. Hell, I'm not clocking in so relax. When I get there, I'll make up for the time lost unless you stare at me and give me that look then I laugh and just troll you and ruin the rest of the day for you.

4. Sorry OP, didn't mean to stand up you,
    here now ! : D

5. Yeah I hate people being late. I'm almost always on time, but if I'm going to be late I call as soon as I think I might be late, not after the arranged time.

People who are regularly late without the courtesy of a call are basically saying "My time/plans are worth more than yours, you wait for me." If find this really disrespectful and have no problem with letting anyone know what I think, friend or otherwise.

To the guy who said it could be down to anxiety/depression. That's a lousy excuse for disrespect. Anxiety might make you lazy, forgetful or disorganised, but it doesn't make you incapable of using a phone.

6. Actually, that's one of the main contributors to not wanting to be on time is because you're so down, that you think ahead and picture the scenario of you calling and saying your late and getting yelled at or just straight up hung up on in anger which eventually tells the person with anxiety and depression to not bother doing anything as it can set off alarms that will just make their situations and mentality even worst.

7. im always a good 5 minutes late for everything. its only American/ North American culture to be so damn punctual for everything. Our Latin brothers in South America will often expect lateness as the other person should be using that time to better prepare for whatever he has agreed to meet for.

8. I'm never late for social situations or w/e, I think? But school/work... Hell yeah.

I woke up today at 7 am, an hour and 30 minutes late for school, took three hours to leave, then on my way out the door the school called, so I said fuck it. Here I am again, supposed to leave to the store to get some smokes & still haven't left like I told myself I was.

9. i have never been late when it matters (like work and class) but sometimes i will be like 10 min late to dinner or meeting up with friends and that is usually because of traffic n shit(i always text). i always try to be on time...its just something that i do.

10. I know, I really wish I could.

I just try to get so much done sometimes at once that I run out of time, and considering its hard for me to put something down after I'm already working on it/focusing all my attention on it, I tend not to pay attention to the laws of time.

What sucks is speeding when you're late. Its always stressful, and is just asking for a ticket.