Being nice sucks

Discussion in 'General' started by Capnfalconpunch, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Ever since I started giving more than I take, things started coming back to me waaay better. But the more I've done it, some people take advantage of that and think that they can get free shit from me whenever they want. I guess it's like they think I'm a pushover for trying to be a decent person. I don't wanna fuck people over, but it seems like the only way to get anywhere in this day and age is to step all over other people. Anyone feel the same way?

2. Couldn't agree more, unfortunately

3. This day and age? The entire world has been built on exploited labor, its nothing new.

That said, you can be as nice as you want and still not be a pushover. Draw a line.

4. Invest in a pair of sunglasses and a leather coat. If your hair isn't black, dye it black. Buy a trans-am.

5. #5 My Username, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2013
    If a relationship isn't mutual, someone is getting fucked.

Most people want different things, though, and are happy giving and taking equally - both feel enriched.

Isn't the way it should be? Find someone like that

PS - Even being too nice can be seen as selfish. Heard of a Martyr? 

You need a job, I need a slave. Boom. Both happy. You are not happy? Quit.

Everything is your choice.. 

6. yeah man what this ombré said. Jut draw a line, leeches see generosity and take and take and take, you don't have to be nice to these types of people. If only people were considerate

That's why Jesus said, ... well, he said something about that, like, it's better in God's sight to be the fuckee than the fucker. Or maybe it was Paul... Whatta I look like? A fucking Bible scholar???

8. This is my thread, and in my thread god doesn't exist

9. You can still be generous and kind without being a spineless doormat, when people start taking advantage of you, that's when you step in and set some boundaries. 

hahaha! Oh then - how about, John Belushi once said, it's better to be the fuckee....

And hang out with other people that fit this description. You can call yourselves the Fonzies

12. i was nice once.
    it was horrible.

im not posting a pic of that damn cat, sorry.