Being Mature In Relationships

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by A AnoesisOrange, Jun 8, 2014.

1. What does it take to be in a mature relationship?

What does it take to develop in to a mature relationship?

2. Selflessness.

3. fuck that my happiness is paramount. and i know that ;)

4. Realistic expectations

5. figuring out what you need from a relationship and figuring out what you're willing to sacrifice for it, learn how to compromise, trust trust trust, be open and honest about all feelings good and bad, no one can read minds and its not good to bottle things up mmmk.
    we were really good friends years before we started dating (idk if that makes a difference) but ive been with my man for two years now. not very long but its the longest most real relationship ive ever been in. i'm young as fuck, i don't know what the hell is going on right now or where any of this is going, but i'm happy and in love and we both try our hardest to do those things ^ for each other and our relationship is probably the most mature of all our friends. not saying its the definition of a mature relationship because we are both giant ass children that laugh at fart noises together and we do have our petty easily avoided arguments but we know each other better than anyone and know what it takes to keep the other happy and healthy.

6. -open communication
    -accountability/admitting you were wrong when you mess up
    -calling the other person on their BS
    -being honest about what you want
    -not setting expectations that are unknown to the other person
    -considering the other person's feelings before your own (as long as they do the same for you)

7. #8 A AnoesisOrange, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2014
    I try to be mature. I'm not perfect of course.

The girl that is pregnant with my child isn't really ready to be in a mature relationship, or at least try and work on one, and I'm having a hard time accepting that. I don't really get to see her much and that kind of bums me out.

I want to be more mature about the fact that I am not able to be with the mother of my child while still maintaining hope that the future will bring us closer together. If I don't act mature about it it will just drive us apart, negatively affecting our child.