Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Being looked down on for smoking for recreation?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Eike, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Why does it seem like there is a weird subculture of these medicinal users who look down on people who like to toke for fun?

2. people like to think their better than other people, more news to follow

3. Dunno. Though I look down on people who just smoke for recreation yet claim that weed is their "medicine" and yadda yadda. "no dude its not a drugz its my medicine! I use it to sleep!". No, stfu. You just like getting fucked up like the rest of us. Stop trying to justify it.

4. its illegal and people are uneducated and don't know anything about marijuana...

5. Was ops one single sentence really too much for you to read?

6. At least you're not injecting hard drugs like oxycontin ;)

Think of it that way...

7. i would never claim my weed is for medicinal use, but it does wonders for my (diagnosed) insomnia. far better than any sedative a doctor has prescribed me.

8. 'getting fucked up' is escaping reality temporarily. which relieves anxiety, stress, etc, or in other words, relieves emotional pain. Sounds like medicine to me. I just think you don't have a firm grasp of why you're smoking in the first place.

9. #9 mystified, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Yes all of these things do happen, but I'm just smoking to get fucked up, it's like your eating a super taste piece of home smoked pig shoulder, but it happens to be an illegal breed of big that gets you high, but also "relieves emotional pain" but your really just eating it for the taste and cause It gets you high

10. bakin' bacon?

11. #11 mystified, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I'll start writing up the patents

12. If you were educated, you would have read the original post before replying.

13. Ok Oxycotton is medicine too, but if you see a fiend sniffing a rail like "I'm just taking my medicine", that's not going to sound right at all lol It's the same with weed dude, if it's not prescribed by a doctor, then it's not considered your medicine, and your just another drug user with an illegal substance......unfortunately.

14. Pretty much exactly what I was going to say.

15. That is taking medicine, just with some dangerous side effects.

Weed on the other hand has no dangerous side effects, unless you can smoke 15000 joints in 10 minutes or whatever it is to deprive your brain of oxygen.

16. I don't know, I just think those kids who say they "medicate" when they have no conditions/prescriptions is annoying haha If you don't need it for medicinal purposes then all you're doing is smoking weed, like me :)

17. Only if they were given it to them by a doctor

18. Ya If a doctor gave him a prescription, then he is going to give him a SAFE dosage as well, he's tested the patient and knows the drug will have little to no negative side effects if taken correctly......While some people have smoked weed just for fun but tripped hard and freaked out,even puked, are those good side effects?

19. I'm a medical user. I don't look down on recreational users, simply because "non-medical use" is a myth! :eek:

All cannabis use is medical use whether you realize it or not! The medical benefits of cannabis don't go away just because you are using to get high! :smoking:

As an example, diabetes is at epidemic rates in the US. Diabetes is a "silent disease", there are few symptoms until it starts doing actual damage! Many people have diabetes and don't know it.

So what does cannabis do for diabetes? :confused:

Diabetic retinopathy
    is the #1 cause of blindness in American adults-

Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot] Marijuana Compound May Help Stop Diabetic Retinopathy

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And then there's the persistent, hard to treat, pain of diabetic neuropathy[/FONT][FONT=&quot] - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]it's[/FONT][FONT=&quot] pain and tingling that is caused by diabetic damage to the nerves[/FONT][FONT=&quot] -
    [/FONT]

Cannabinoids inhibit and may prevent neuropathic pain in diabetes. (news - 2010)
    MediGardens: March 2010: Cannabinoids inhibit and may prevent neuropathic pain in diabetes. (University of Calgary; Alberta, Canada)

Diabetes can damage your heart, too-

Lab Notes: Pot Has Benefits for Diabetic Hearts (news - 2010)
    Medical News: Lab Notes: Pot Has Benefits for Diabetic Hearts - in Lab Notes, Lab Notes from MedPage Today

And CBD? Look what IT can do! :eek: -

Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid Reduces Incidence Of Diabetes, Study Says
    (news - 2006)
    [FONT=&quot] Non-Psychoactive Cannabinoid Reduces Incidence Of Diabetes, Study Says - NORML

[/FONT]
    OK, that's diabetes, what else does cannabis do?[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT] Study Confirms That Cannabis Is Beneficial for Multiple Sclerosis (news - 2009)
    Study confirms that cannabis is beneficial for multiple sclerosis

Medical marijuana news. Cannabidiol stops the spread of breast cancer.
    (news - 2010)
    http://www.examiner.com/x-19678-Cannabis-Revolution-Examiner~y2010m2d27-Medical-marijuana-news--Cannabidiol-stops-the-spread-of-breast-cancer

Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows (news - 2007)
    Marijuana Cuts Lung Cancer Tumor Growth In Half, Study Shows

Cannabis for Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease treatment (news - 2009)
    Cannabis for Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn's Disease treatment

Chemicals in Marijuana May Fight MRSA (news - 2008)
    Marijuana Ingredients May Fight MRSA

Marijuana could prevent Alzheimer's (news - 2010)
    The Lantern

That's only the tip of the iceberg! Cannabis can do SO much more for you! (click that 1st link in my sig for more!)

ALL cannabis use is medical use, whether you realize it or not! :yay:

Granny :wave:

20. #20 An Ita, Apr 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2011

What you really mean is that You don't consider it medicine if it's not prescribed by a doctor. And that has very little to do with whether or not it is medicine.

I think if you're looking down on people for their reasons to smoke, or even just their professed reasons, you've got a problem and need to lighten up.
    It's better to think of all use as medicinal than to have people thinking they're better because they "officially" medicate. Or having people think they are better because they "admit" they're smoking because they like to get high and don't need an "excuse".

Everybody smokin, vapin', and eatin' weed is "just another" user of an illegal drug.
    The feds can come get you and punish you anytime, whether your state gave you a card or not. As far as the feds are concerned, we're all in the same boat, and none of us are medicating.
    Let's take a more meaningful perspective of this issue than the feds, whattya say?

It's of no real consequence to you why other people smoke.

It's of no real consequence to you why other people say they smoke.

It doesn't have to be prescribed by a doctor to be a healthy thing for an individual to do. Individuals may be getting mental health benefits from their use of cannabis, or they may be getting physical benefit, or a combination. Whether they are or aren't, and whether they were prescribed their medicine by a doctor, it doesn't have any effect on Your reason for using cannabis. I also don't see how anybody can be so sure that another person is not medicating, whether they "like to get high" or not.
    Most people do like to get high.
    That's partly why it's called "getting high", I think.