Being High Makes Me So Adhd

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by kcalbnived, Aug 29, 2014.

1. I've been getting treatment (medication) for ADHD about 2 almost 3 years now, it has really improved my ability to focus on conversations, complete tasks, have energy and motivation to do things.

But when I smoke weed, my thoughts go so fast and I can barely keep any train of thought. What's cool though is I think so creatively, but I absolutely cannot hold a conversation with someone so I usually like to smoke alone. I'm wondering if being high is getting me back to my original post-ADHD treatment state of mind?...can anyone else relate?

2. Yes I can relate

\t\t\t<span>re<span>late</span></span>\t 
    \t
    \t\t<span>[ri-<span style="font-weight:bold;">leyt] </span>Spell Syllables</span>
    \t
    \t\t<span>verb <span>(used with object)</span></span>, <span>related, </span>relating.<div><span>1.</span>\t<div><span>to tell; give an account of (an event, circumstance, etc.).</span>
    \t
    \t<span>2.</span>\t<span>to bring into or establish association, connection, or </span>relation :\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>to relate events to probable causes.</span></span>
    \t
    \t</div><span>verb <span>(used without object)</span></span>, <span>related, </span>relating.<span>3.</span>\t<span>to have reference (often followed by </span>to).
    \t
    \t<span>4.</span>\t<span>to have some </span>relation <span>(often followed by </span>to).
    \t
    \t<span>5.</span>\t<span>to establish a social or sympathetic relationship with a person or thing:</span>\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>two sisters unable to relate to each other.</span></span>
    \t 
    \t 
    \t\t\t\t\t\t<span>oth<span>er</span></span>\t\t<div> 
    \t\t
    \t\t\t\t<span>[<span style="font-weight:bold;">uh<span style="font-style:italic;">th </span>-er] </span>Spell Syllables</span>
    \t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\tadjective<div><span>1.</span>\t\t<div><span>additional or further:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>he and one other person.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\t\t<span>2.</span>\t\t<span>different or distinct from the one mentioned or implied:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>in some other city; Some other design may be better.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\t\t<span>3.</span>\t\t<span>different in nature or kind:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>I would not have him other than he is.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\t\t<span>4.</span>\t\t<span>being the remaining one of two or more:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>the other hand.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\t\t<span>5.</span>\t\t<span>(used with plural nouns) being the remaining ones of a number:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>the other men; some other countries.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\t\t<span>6.</span>\t\t<span>former; earlier:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>sailing ships of other days.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\t\t<span>7.</span>\t\t<span>not long past:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>the other night.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\tnoun<span>8.</span>\t\t<span>the other one:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>Each praises the other.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\tpronoun<span>9.</span>\t\t<span>Usually, </span>others. <span>other persons or things:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>others in the medical profession.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\t\t<span>10.</span>\t\t<span>some person or thing else:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>Surely some friend or other will help me.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\tadverb<span>11.</span>\t\t<span>otherwise; differently (usually followed by </span>than):\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>We can't collect the rent other than by suing the tenant.</span></span>
    \t\t
    \t\t</div>\tIdioms<span>12.</span>\t\t<span>every other, </span><span>every alternate:</span>\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>a meeting every other week.</span></span>
    \t\t 
    \t\t 
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tweek\t\t\t<div> 
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t<span>[week] Spell Syllables</span>
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\tnoun<div><span>1.</span>\t\t\t<div><span>a period of seven successive days, usually understood as beginningwith Sunday and ending with Saturday.</span>
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t<span>2.</span>\t\t\t<span>a period of seven successive days that begins with or includes anindicated day:</span>\t\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>the week of June 3; Christmas week.</span></span>
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t</div>\t\t\t<span>3.</span>\t\t\t(<span><span>often initial capital letter</span></span>) <span>a period of seven successive days devotedto a particular celebration, honor, cause, etc.:</span>\t\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>National Book Week.</span></span>
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t</div>\t\t\t<span>4.</span>\t\t\t<span>the working days or working portion of the seven-day period;</span>workweek :\t\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>A 35-hour week is now commonplace.</span></span>
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t</div>\t\tadverb<span>5.</span>\t\t\t<span>British. </span><span>seven days before or after a specified day:</span>\t\t\t<div style="color:rgb(151,151,151);"><span><span>I shall come Tuesday week. He left yesterday week.</span></span>
    \t\t\t
    \t\t\t</div>\t\t</div>\t\t</div>\t\t</div>\t\t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t</div>\t</div></div></div>

3. I too have trouble focusing. I was never diagnosed but it definatly.inhibits my abilities and general life.

Like at work my boss is always on my ass about not paying attention, daydreaming, making obvious mistakes, that sort of thing.

I've had this problem all my life. I used to get iin trouble in elementary school for daydreaming.

My short term memory is hit and miss; suggesting my memory isn't bad, its just my attention span.

Weed definatly makes the problem worse however; in the past few months I have made some progress in fighting it with will. I don't believe medication is needed. I have been practicing focus exercises. I see it as more of a handicap than a disability. Ill never have the focus of a normal person, but I've improved.

Just don't smoke before work, school, homework, competition, or anything that you need focus. (I'm not talking to everyone just us with add)

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #4 yurigadaisukida, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Here are some focus exercises I came up with.

Timed mental tasks. Time yourself doing math problems, or a game you enjoy, or even physical tasks that require your brain like organizing things.

If you are trying to beat your tike you will have to focus. Its like lifting weights at the gym but for your brain (specifically focus)

Memory. I have been playing that memory game with a declared of cards where you flip them and try to find matches.

Remembering every card you flip requires immense focus and systemic thinking
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app