Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Being high is nauseating now. Help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by CanadianKushMan, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Funny you mention this, I just started taking a medication called lanzoprazole (think it's the generic name for prevacid, not sure though) 2 days ago. But when I smoked lats night it didn't help, maybe because it needs to build up in my blood before it takes effect but I'm not too sure.

But what you wrote sounds EXACTLY like what I'm going through. I've been complaining of acid reflux like symptoms. Thanks

2. Could be that the weed is intensifying ur nauseua. I notice that when i look at a cut on my arm it reallly starts to hurt, but usually after a while ill get distracted lol. Try to focus on something else and dont worry about anyhting ;)

3. what other meds are you taking?

if you are taking anxiety medication, some of the side effects are nausea, panic attacks, depression, more anxiety, blurred vision etc...

4. #24 CanadianKushMan, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
    If itll help ill share my problems :p. I used to suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and as a result I have a very bad right hip. Its not arthritis pain anymore now its just mechanical pain from damage.
    I'm on: methotrexate, enbrel and soon to be on naprosyn. I take codeine for pain but have stopped recently because I felt like I was addicted. For the stomach problems I've been having recently i started taking lanzoprazole 2 days ago as I mentioned above.

Edit: Methotrexate can cause nausea. But I would say I'm used to it now, I've been taking it since I was 5 years young and have been smoking marijuana while on methotrexate (which actually helped with nausea before all this believe it or not). Its a once a week thing though.

5. [quote name='"CanadianKushMan"']
    Funny you mention this, I just started taking a medication called lanzoprazole (think it's the generic name for prevacid, not sure though) 2 days ago. But when I smoked lats night it didn't help, maybe because it needs to build up in my blood before it takes effect but I'm not too sure.

But what you wrote sounds EXACTLY like what I'm going through. I've been complaining of acid reflux like symptoms. Thanks[/quote]

No problem man. But really take into consideration of just stopping stopping smoking for a week. I'm sure if you do that you can get rid of the nausea. When I was still going through all the nausea/vomiting and the stomach issues stopping smoking for a week was all I needed for it to go away. Mine was due to anxiety and the acid reflux issue.

Stopping smoking helped get that "oh no if I take a hit right now it's going to cause all these problems." Then after I did take that hit the problems would come back. And once you get into that mindset it's really hard to break.

Good luck to you.

6. Try a Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in 8 Oz. of water every other day for a week. Then back it down to twice a week.
    My friend had acid reflex very bad and this fixed him up. :smoke:

7. Huh, never heard of this but if itll beat adding another pill to the list im open to anything haha. Thank you :smoke:

8. I had this same thing happen to me. But what was different was that I had gotten kidney stones the week before and then I couldn't smoke. For some reason everytime I did I would get a weird pain where My kidneys are. So I quit. For a year and a half. I stared up prolly a year and a half ago again and I've been fine since. I've only gotten freaky like that if I get way to high so then I just eat a bunch and go to sleep haha

9. I have terrible anxiety attacks all the time. I take effexor xr for me so that I'm fine no matter what. even whilst smoking, i still can control the anxiety. I'd reccommend looking into it.

10. #30 hurb1, Sep 29, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2012
    I had issues come up out of the blue everytime i smoked i would feel like my throat was bleeding down into a pool in my stomache, and that my heart was beating too fast and just weird sensations in my body that i was convinced were real. It was very unenjoyable but luckily went away after a week or so. I was smoking homegrown at the time so stronger than usual and more sativa. Its like the fun effects completely reversed for some reason or anxiety was playing tricks on me and i would get scared of the next time, and sure enough the same negatives would come.

11. Sounds almost identical to what I have, I do get an increase in heartbeat too, and just dont feel good

Well, i'm gonna go smoke with my friends :p, ill give everyone an update tonight

12. OP, if after you try the antacids and it still hasn't helped, maybe take a break and try a vaporizer, the high is a lot mellower.

also, dehydration can play a role in nausea, especially if you eat while quite dehydrated. So that might be something compounding the problem if you're not drinking a lot of water.

The only other helpful tip i can add is that mint and camomile both help with nausea, so if you can suck on a peppermint or choke down some camomile tea, it could help relieve the issue a bit if you find yourself nauseated from smoking again.

13. I feel sick even after i haven't smoked for a month, I stoppe for 3 weeks, took 3 small hits out of my pipe and started feeling sick two days ago...

I think I'm gonna try some acid reflux pills or the guy that said apple cider vinegar in water...