Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Being high in public

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by El Jugador, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Been wondering something, it's not illegal to be high in public is it? Would that count as 'public intoxication'?

I know some people, myself included, can behave totally normal and appear totally casual no matter how baked they are. But a trained eye can usually spot someone high by their actions. But is this really illegal?

Say I smoke a few blunts, eat a few BAKED goods, and head out for a nice day out! Movies, food, shopping at the mall, call a few friends..I sound like such a chick right now, but yeah, just stuff in public places. Could I get in any legal trouble, thrown out of any places, anything like that?

This is also assuming I act totally normal, I'm not one of the stereotypical stoners, giggling at everything, stumbling all over the place, walking into shit, eyes as red as the devil's dick etc.

2. Ive always assumed if your caught its the same as public intoxication. I actually had a really close call last week. 2 of my friends i smoked with before school went to the same class and the teacher noticed and the school cop came and they got 3 weeks of in school suspension. So idk

3. this is one of my favorite things to do

and no. no public intoxication. unless your acting drunk or like a fool

4. Well you know a day out on the town to me doesn't involve going to school.:smoke:

5. with me i can go places and people usually don't notice, my friends do because they know me, but other people do not :) so your all good

6. You most likely will not get into any trouble from the law for simply being high in public unless there are other potential reasons--causing a public disturbance or loitering being a couple--for law enforcement officers to give you trouble. Your typical citizen will probably not do anything because you are high. As for being thrown out of establishments such as restaurants or other businesses, the owner has a right to refuse you service if you give him reason to. It doesn't sound like you have any reason to worry though.

7. I feel like it should be. Not that I'm in favor of the prohibition, but it seems like a legislature that makes weed illegal would figure out a way to make being high in public illegal.

8. Exactly! Fortunately, unlike being drunk, you can control yourself being high.

9. Unless you're really fucking blitzed, in which case sometimes you can't. But the biggest difference is that people know when they're blitzed enough to not be out in public. Whereas drunk I've been stopped for drunk in public, blew a .277 and didn't even realize at the time that I was that drunk.

10. I can't stand being high in public, only because there are way too many people who don't accept cannabis as being okay -- and I can sense that when I'm in public.

Some people say it's paranoia, but I beg to differ. It only induces paranoia when your environment calls for it.

When cannabis is consumed, the paranoia and survival instincts that kick in during certain situations do so because it is in many cases warranted.

And as long as cannabis is prohibited in our country, paranoia, to a certain degee, is warranted.

Paranoia and altertness is a good thing; it keeps us alive.

11. Paranoia, in the true sense, is not good. Paranoia is an overabundance of anxiety to the point of delusion.

Also, despite what you may think about how everyone knows you're high, generally they don't unless you're wearing pot leaf clothes or something.

12. When I'm high in public it's a pretty dead giveaway -- I'm farily obvious.

13. Unless you're walking around screaming "I'm high," probably not as obvious as you think you are.

14. I've railed a half gram of coke whilst high as fuck and then smoked more and I still went into public and was able to controll myself. I've been on shit tons of robotussin and out in public before too. If you smoke some weed and cant go outside without freaking the fuck out, I would never reccomend ever doing any other kind of drug ever. You would probably just fall over dead. :rolleyes:

15. I don't recommend NEW smokers to go out in public when they're high, just because of the paranoia factor. They're new to being high, so they just get paranoid and think that everyone knows they're baked.

If you can control yourself, and not cause disturbances or anything, it's not as big of a deal as you think. Being drunk in public makes people nervous, because you could fly off the handle or whatever. Being HIGH just makes people laugh at your goofiness :D

16. Who the hell gets belligerent when they get high? No one.

That's what gets you kicked out of public places, eyed by police, and questioned.

High people act what...Giggly maybe, sometimes spacey, sometimes strange, but almost no one sees a person acting a little off-color and accuses them outright of being on drugs. They don't want to risk being rude and offending people. It's like seeing an asian person and saying "ARE YOU ON YOUR WAY TO A KARATE TOURNAMENT?". Yea some are, but no one asks asians that.

High people are pleasant as fuck anyway.

17. #17 wenahaone, Mar 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
    ya, I kinda thought you sounded like a chick too. lol;)

ya, it's hard for me cuz I think people just see that my hair almost touches my nipples and assume I'm high. I haven't smoked for almost a year, and really couldn't give a fuck how I act in public. Some might think I'm intoxicated, but I'm sober and mearly entertaining myself legally. People say I'm kind of an asshole when I'm sober. I dunno. I just realized that I'll be rotting in the ground in a matter of decades, so I might as well do what I want. Life is too short to be well behaved, worry about saying the right/proper thing that makes you seem like how you want to appear to others..yada yada.

....being high gives me a reason to behave. I usually shut the fuck up when I get stoned, and don't feel the need to act like an ass in order to entertain myself.

edit:
    vlv-hs kids have no rights

lol at the guy above me.

But, if you took the bus to the store and a cop saw your eyes were red they might wait to see you drive away and try and pull you over. once they saw you go to bus stop they'd probabyl go fuck themselves and ride eachother.

ya, you're probably not as obvious as you think you are. you may think you're acting strange, but no biggy cuz people are strangs. sober people included. I recently realized this.

18. Maybe those strange people are all high and we don't realize it? That could be why so many people act strange in the stores and various places. They just put eyedrops in before hand.

Cause think for a second -- you can't be the ONLY one who walks around everywhere stoned. There's a lot more stoners than you think.

19. I'd guess alcohol and prescription meds are part of what make square people weird. people do act weird in grocery stores.

20. no considering there is no way to determine if you are high or not.