Being fit and being high

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Ev1008, May 17, 2016.

1. So I work out 3-5 days a week. I run probably 16 miles a week and eat off a meal plan. I've lost 30 lbs and put on I couldn't tell you how much muscle in just months. Best of all I've never had to quit smoking pot to do any of this so I don't want anyone to feel like they have to. Yes the munchies can make dieting hard and certain methods of smoking can make cardio a little rough. Anyone else a fitness pothead? And what do you do to help with the munchies? Also can pot affect muscle growth? JW

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. [​IMG]

3 months . Smoked everyday of it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. If any of y'all want to get in shape ask me anything I look even more fit now than in the last pic. I'm willing to help others reach their goals all it takes is commitment and a will to be better.

4. No questions but I just want to congratulate you man. I know many a potheads that don't have the determination to workout and stay fit

5. No Where near as shredded as I wanna be, but I been focussing on Brazilian jiu jitsu ever since I started it. Now just lift 3x a week for strength maintenance, core, and grip work.

Edit: I vape or eat an edible (usually both) EVERY DAY. Most days I'm high by 11AM (it doesn't even feel "high" anymore, just good). Its never stopped me from training, and if it did, I'd quit pot.

Attached Files:

6. Lol, guys love selfies too I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  7. I was doing bodybuilding in term NPC competitons now I'm a begginer in extream calistetics.

8. Whats extreme calisthenics? Like doing as many pushups etc as possible?

9. That is basic calistetics, more pull ups and muscle ups and stuff, YouTube bar wars and clistetixs it's mad cool

10. I'm just doing cardio and lifting 3 days a week and I keep a pretty good diet with the occasional slip lol

11. I'm much bigger now than I was then eating right makes for big gains

12. Cheat meals are know to rev your metabolism and that can help the gains

13. Ill check it out, I started jiu jitsu last winter and have since been tailoring my lifting to help that: lots of core work, tons of pullups with grip training using a towel, dips, squats, and deadlifts. Definitely looking to increase my explosiveness with regards to my bodyweight, which sounds like its what you may be talking about

• Like Like x 1
  14. I've mostly been a long distance runner all my life (and nope, never had to compensate on smoking either!) and I'm in my first year or so of bjj. Fucking love it, but definitely can't be high during practice on that one, it always fucks up my flow and I get tired way faster - I think I forget to breathe properly. I always figured it'd be way better and I'd feel more creative, but not at all. Running I can smoke right beforehand and put away 5+ miles, no problem.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Fuck Im comming across so many BJJ players on the forum latley- we should get together and do a Grass City Open tournament or some shit.
    In case you havnt found it yet theres a BJJ thread in the sports forum.
    I do love me some spider guard, Iv been neglecting it lately, tomorrow Im going to go out and pull spider guard (subject to remembering)

• Like Like x 1
  16. I think it there may be some appeal. It seems to me like the average guys in my dojo are military bro types (we are right next to a navy and army post), or stoner bro types. It's always funny when the big marines come in with no experience and then get ran through, we also have a couple navy seals that come, tough bastards for sure.

17. We have a fair few (ex) military too- the instructor is retired army and now TA (I think army reserves is the equivalent name in most other countries) ,we've got a guy who used to be royal navy, one of the uni students is part of an officer training scholarship thing, and another guy whos TA. And then another blue belt who we dont see much anymore because of his job (got promoted from an area role to a national one so 90% of the time isnt around) who was army in his youth and then a fireman- probably the strongest guy iv ever grappled with.
    Our sister school (same instructor, about an hours drive, we do seminars and stuff together) is near a big air base so was at one point over 50% RAF with a few other forces types. The RAF now have their own BJJ program, my understanding is they were allowed to do both our school and the air force one for a bit, but then it became you cant represent both and we lost a good few guys to that.

I do love the over confident newb- for me its generally guys whove "done a few weeks of mma so pretty much know what im doing" then I tie them up in their own gi.

18. Ha nothin like a little lapel tail weaving :p yeah it's definitely nice to have military guys because many times they go harder and make better training partners.

• Like Like x 1
  19. I do yoga twice a week and do some form of cardio at least 3 times a week. Pretty much a regular smoker (glass, blunts and joints).

• Like Like x 2
  20. I keep my workout very simple and they work very well for me just a lot of cardio eating good and just changing muscle groups using a smith machine and dumbells and bars