Being deaf question?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Dizzy, Sep 2, 2018.

1. #1 Dizzy, Sep 2, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
    Some of you on GC might already know this but i'm deaf in my left ear and need a hearing aid and I was born this way.

Anyway I was just wondering if it could suddenly happen to me on the other side as well. I asked my husband and he said he didn't know and I shouldn't worry about it.

I don't think I would like that much if I was completely. Does anyone know? I guess I could have ask my doc but this just seems faster.

Thanks and sorry if I posted this in the wrong place I thought here because it says health.

~Toni~

2. I’m no doctor but I don’t think you should spend one second worrying about it. Enjoy the moment and be happy. There are many times I wish I could hear less of the bullshit people have to say anyway.

If your good ear has not been deteriorating over the years there is probably no reason to think that it will suddenly go out on you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1

3. Ok good thank you for answering much respect! I was worried about it ever since this morning lol...

~Toni~

4. #4 old shol4evr, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

• Friendly Friendly x 1

5. Thanks for the reply lol that sounds like what my husband said. He said I should feel lucky that I don't have to hear peoples BS sometimes. I already know how to read lips just in case tho lbvs!

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  6. #6 old shol4evr, Sep 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    delete

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. If you were born that way, hon, and your hearing has not changed over the years, I don't think you have much to worry about. Especially if your hearing problem is due to a deformation or lack of one of the tiny bones in your ear, your good ear's hearing definitely wouldn't suddenly vanish. (I used to work with "oral deaf" kids at a school and remember that was the cause of deafness for some of them.)

If your hearing is changing in any way, then it is time to see the doc! If you have any doubts, see the doctor and get it over with! You might find you are worrying over nothing.

FYI- I hate seeing the doctor, but I had to "woman up" last month and get a biopsy on a large ugly mole that was changing. It was benign.

Hugs,

Granny :wave:

• Friendly Friendly x 1

8. Thank you very much for the reply. My hearing on the right has not been changing i can still hear good on that side I was just worried it would change. I will go to doc anyways tho just to be sure.

Much Respect you Storm Crow

~Toni~