Being both a patient AND a caregiver in Hawaii?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by T-Rex Go RAWR, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Aloha!

So i just wanted to throw this question out for anyone in Hawai'i who may have had experience with what i am inquiring about. I have contacted the Department of Health to get official word, and will updated accordingly, but in the meantime i figured i leave this question here...

For my fellow Hawai'i medical patients: Under the reformed laws, if one is both a PATIENT and a caregiver for someone else, does this double our limits on everything?

Quote directly from State of Hawaii : Department of Health (http://health.hawaii.gov/medicalmarijuana/patients/growing-medical-marijuana/)

• Am I allowed to grow marijuana if I am a registered patient or caregiver? YES â€“ as a registered program participant, and assuming that you indicated your intent to grow your own supply of medical marijuana on your application, you are allowed to grow an “adequate supply” of medical marijuana, not to exceed seven (7) plants and posses no more than 4oz of usable marijuana jointly between a registered patient and caregiver.
    \nAs you can see, this verbiage does not directly answer my proposed question, it only touches on one or the other.
    As only a patient, i am allowed to have my 7 plants and 4 ounces
    As only a caregiver, i am allowed to grow my patients 7 plants and possess 4 ounces between the two of us.
    \nNaturally from that, for someone who is BOTH a PATIENT and CAREGIVER one would deduce that the plant limit would double along with possession, no? Our laws are too vague  [​IMG]
    \nI will update my post with the response that the DOH delivers. 

2. I'd be curious to know too.  I am looking to take on a patient as a caregiver. 
    I've heard it is better to just have that patient register their card to your intended grow location but not make you a caregiver.  Multiple people can have cards at one address, just not multiple people under one caregiver.  To make things more legit, I've heard you can even write up some sort of a lease for garden space for that person.