being aware that your falling asleep?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JoshuaBr, Aug 6, 2012.

1. sup guys, so you know those nights when your uncomfortable in bed and simply cant fall asleep?

well i was just having one of those so i put on some relaxing ocean sounds (lol) and tried my hardest to fall asleep and after awhile my eyes started to feel heavy and i assumed i was about to sleep but then i got stuck in a state of being half awake and half asleep and it was really trippy haha.

my body felt all tingly and i kept thinking crazy thoughts and i also got a huge boner for some reason haha. it kinda reminded me of being high :smoke:anyone else ever feel this?

2. Happens to me. It's a very heavy and relaxing feeling. Crazy thoughts come but they're always so awesome and never seem weird. Sometimes I even forget I'm laying in my bed and I think I'm somewhere else.

I last in this stage for.. I don't know how long. It feels like a decent bit of time sometimes but there's really no way of telling for me.

Sometimes I can think "I'm just half asleep" and it's fine. Sometimes I think other and it kills it, and wakes me up more, which sucks. It's a great feeling.

No sleep paralysis though. If I try to move I always can... bit it kills the feeling almost every time so I avoid it.

I have sleep problems, so when it happens sometime I'm just like "fuck yeah, I'm about to fall asleep finally", which further adds to the relaxed state a bit Sometimes.

3. Supposedly if u lay without totally without motion for 30 minutes, ur body does a check to see if ur asleep by making u want to move a body part. If u don't, it considers u asleep and ur body like shuts down until u start moving again...that is to say it starts to feel like u have a heavy blanket over u/u don't feel ur body

4. I like when my eyelids fall down .... N then I'm actually trying to stay awake rather than be awake ......

But when this happens I am able to turn off the tv before sleeping if not I let the tv run with a 10-20 min timer ....... It's usually turns off before I'm a sleep so I have to keep putting on a couple times

5. haha well it seems ive just pulled an all nighter on myself, damn those chirping birds :devious:

6. Sometimes when I'm lying in my bed trying to fall asleep, I feel this heavy buzz coming on almost as if I am stoned.. I really love this feeling, it feels so relaxing and calming. Anyone else experience this? I wonder what causes this. Something about "Sleep Paralysis"

7. [quote name='"Mogwai"']sometimes I even forget I'm laying in my bed and I think I'm somewhere else.[/quote]

I love when that happens to me haha. and then I wake all the way up And am like: ...I was just sitting over there ?

8. holy fuck man. im definitely saving this thread to my hard drive so I can read it to my children. And my grandchildren!!!!