Being an introvert living in an extroverts world...

Discussion in 'General' started by Anaru, Oct 22, 2009.

1. yeah we know it seems creepy to other people, but we can't really help it (only saying "we" cause this happens to me too). There's just nothing for people like us to say sometimes. I only like to say something if it has an impact on the conversation. I HATE it when i have to say some random bull shit that no one wants to hear, just so I'm not sitting there like silent bob.

2. I myself am an Introvert. So far people have had trouble seperating the natural tendancys of an introvert and introverted acts. If your natural tendancy is to be quiet and not talk, but you have learned and feel you should talk lots about nothing at all and do so, your still an introverted style of thinker even if you accurately critique your own thought patterns. That being said, I feel introverts have a better understanding of human's in general and thus tend to disassociate from the majority of them unless they know the person already. Humans biggest flaw and strongest attribute is their malliability physically and mentally. Although people tend to start on the far end of the spectrum as either an introvert or an extrovert, though you never will change your predisposition, all people try to grow more towards the middle of the spectrum, or towards their desired point in the spectrum closer to the middle.

Now from personal experience, I have not seen as many extroverted people striving to improve themselfs and their thought patterns, which I think relates back to identifying the evil human's are capable of. I would also guess generally extroverts are uncomfortable with aspects of their own personality and instead of trying to improve on them interact with other people and ignore the problems.

P.S. I am not saying either introversion or extroversion is better, as a matter of fact they both end up in the middle so it stands to reason they are equal, just different based on individuals personality.

3. hahaha.

fool.

4. For all the extroverts in this thread, you have to understand how much energy it takes for us to have normal conversations. We can't simply talk more and be extroverted without really trying. And when an introvert decides to converse, you should really respect that they are trying and actually care what you think of them. Just try to grasp your head around how it would be to have to put extreme amounts of energy into having "normal" conversations...

5. Lmao word.

6. Has anyone here ever been with other people chillin and what not and been the one talking the most or at least a lot, and then as the night goes on you slowly become more and more quiet, to only have people tell you that you're quiet. I HATE THAT! It's almost like they totally forget about the whole night and only focus on what's been happening for the past 30 minutes. It's like your supposed to be talking and bullshitting the whole time, when the person who tells you that you're being really quiet wasn't talking a lot when you were earlier in the night.

7. #67 uRbAnDieSeL*ATL, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009

Pretty much summed it up for me right there..

I hate the fact that I can't chill with a group of friends, just relax and enjoy the moment. I always get caught up in my thoughts and after not saying anything for a while, I usually just tend to make things awkward. :eek:

I can relate to so many of you in this thread, so real

Yep.. I've found that if I hang out with several friends for a night, I can be really upbeat and can connect with people but as the night goes on, I tend to get more and more quiet. It's not that I get bored with the people around me or the setting I'm in, but I just am a quiet person in general and it honestly drains me to be social for long periods of time.. guess I'm just a weird person :confused:

8. Nah you ain't weird, just introverted. We get drained from being around people, while extroverts are the opposite and gain energy from being around others.

9. not all the time.... i feel more comfortable talking with new people as the night goes on. It's when i first meet them is when I'm most drained

10. Ugh went through this shit last night...especially annoying when you get around girls after a while of chilling with your boys, you feel drained and don't even want to talk to the girls so they start thinking you're some loser, it's just like nah I'm just tired of dealing with people and their bullshit leave me alone for a while then maybe I'll feel like conversing with you IF you're interesting.

11. #71 themeltdown, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
    I have to have extrovert friends to make me feel like myself because they're all the ones who get me to do things that I want to do but otherwise wouldn't, or that get me to talk about things that I think about but otherwise would never bring up

but I only make friends with the one's who realize that I am an introvert and understand what that means, not the one's who just state the problem "you never talk!" and never give me any reason to talk

I do have to say though that it takes me a long time and is very challenging to find people like this, and it does suck sometimes because most people just don't understand that my communication instincts and social behavior are just very different from most people

12. Wow , alot of people on here are quite introverted. Really suprises me , dunno why. Eh... Who the fuck cares what I am. I took some dodgy personality test and it tuned me some stupid shit I didn't understand. Don't judge me. *curls up in ball*

13. I hate pointless small talk. I tipped the lady that cut my hair yesterday more because she didn't make pointless small talk while she cut my hair.

14. I don't mind being introverted. I have to have large stretches of time alone. Much talk isn't worth much any way.

15. Is an introvert a person who enjoys keeping to himself (for the most part), or a person who does keep to himself?

For me, I think my lifelong inability to converse naturally and completely comfortably with friends and strangers alike has deluded me into thinking that I am an introvert. For the most part I have always had to put in effort when conversing with people. Conversations has never felt totally natural nor comfortable. Therefore I think that I just tend to avoid social interactions. However the few times that I could actually converse with someone, whom I really liked talking to, naturally and comfortably, it was like the best time of my life.

My introverted lifestyle has caused me to become a deep thinker and such, but I honestly wish I could trade this lifestyle for an extroverted lifestyle. I feel as if my inability to get what I really want has molded me into the person I am today. I have dreams of living this crazy extroverted life, but I can't seem to follow through. It's like I haven't acquired the ability to live that life. I feel as if extroverts have this natural ability to stay in "social mode" for long periods of time. I don't really have that ability, and it pisses me off. By the way, I'm so shitty with girls. Never had a gf. But the few times that I've been really comfortable around a girl I really like, I become a goddamn giggly fuck. And I fucking love it. It makes me wonder.

I just think my 'introversion' comes from my lack of confidence to get what I really want.

:(:cool:

16. #76 Anaru, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
    Yeah, us introverts are a bit strange in that we kind of dabble between being introverted and extroverted, which is why there will never be a 100% introverted person. Humans will always have the desire to interact with each other, it's just how we are built. Just some of us get more out of it than others.

To me it sounds like you are an introvert who wants to be extroverted. Or maybe you have an extroverted side to you that you aren't fulfilling. It is very possible that somehow you didn't develop the correct social skills that you need to be extroverted. On any matter though, I'd start looking for a way to make yourself happy. Just find out who you are.

17. i believe extreme introversion would be a case of autism

18. #78 wenahaone, Oct 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2009
    +rep. it's funny. I'm probably on the more introverted side. I can be extroverted and whatever, but it doesn't always feel natural. ....but when I do it it's often in a sort of sarcastic manner that's almost mocking really extroverted people. it's kinda funny. It reallly puts people off sometimes, though. but alot of people find my energy really amusing too. so whatev. idk. I'm weird. I'm kind of both. but i def have my introverted moods. I can be really content being by myself for long periods of time. I can really get tired of people pretty quick. the only person I can hang out with for days on end is this guy who's been my best friend since first grade. we'd hanb out for weeks at a time when I was a kid....I'm rambling.

my dad is EXTREMELY extroverted.. It really can make me and other people in my family uncomfortable when we go to a restaraunt. it's really weird. he's a pre baby boomer. people in that gen are reeaaallly weird. lol I wish I could show you guys. maybe i'll sneakily record him next time we go to a restaraunt, or something. He's kind of over the top.

19. Its weird, If I have a legitimate excuse to talk to people ( whether it be for a project or job or something of that nature ) then I can act like an extrovert fairly easy, but when its for purely the sake of being social its a lot harder for me.

20. I am literally the same exact way as you . Like everything you said is exactly like me.