Being able to see through the governments lies...?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Prettylights0.o, Feb 6, 2014.

Then you should have quoted that person again, instead of me.  He probably won't notice you responded if you don't quote him.  It may help with confusion at least....this is a stoner forum...confusion is often in abundance. :smoking:

2. Meh, don't really care. The text is here for all to see.

3. #23 goober0331, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2014
    The whole Schiff thing is just hilarious. Do you know TDS refuses to release the full 4 hour interview, and refused for Peter to have someone (his brother) join him in that interview room?

Do you know the average wages of a mentally handicapped person is? About 2.50. Do you know there are legal statues that allow companies to underpay those disabled persons?

http://reason.com/24-7/2014/02/04/advocates-want-mentally-disabled-include 

And here is Schiff, the whole interviewd was copy cut and paste bullshit yellow journalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UUIjuLiLHdFxYtFmWlbTGQRQ&v=F9LNP-yXXUc&feature=player_detailpage

4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Matrix!

5. I'm a big fan of Schiff's political beliefs even though hes a minarchist. So I highly doubt he would say something really stupid like "retards should make $2 an hour" because that doesn't sound like Schiff.

This is why they must edit him to look bad. 4 hours is definitely enough but he should have been clever enough to bring in a hidden mic. Hopefully hes learned to not let someone interview him for 4 hours without having a video he can keep himself.

as for nowitzki, he's a bad ass!

So is Schiff from another planet?  What kind of idiot gives a left leaning comedy show a 4 hour interview and says "mentally retarded" and expects no blowback? 

That whole video is him trying to spin his story so he doesn't look like the idiot he obviously Is. 

7. #27 goober0331, Feb 7, 2014

Yeah, that idiot who built his own business, and called the financial crisis of 07/08.

I mean damn, for someone who speaks out against the MSM a lot, you shouldnt be defending the actions of The Daily Show.

Schiff was on there years ago and was actually the guest for Stewart, so he really didnt have a reason to think they would be this intellectually corrupt. I hope you realize the interview was supposed to be amount minimum wage talk, and the tactics used equate to that of an ad hom.

8. #28 RippedMonk, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

An idiot nonetheless if he thought they were actually going to be fair and balanced and not poke fun at any mistakes he would make.  He knows where they stand on the minimum wage issue and he knows their tactics and purpose.

And how exactly is pointing out Schiff's flaw in trusting a comedy driven, left leaning, minimum wage supporting show..defending TDS? 

Come on man, you are overlooking what I said and categorizing me because I insulted someone you like.  :(

OK fair enough, except I would say calling him an idiot is a little much.

Agreed.  One idiotic action doesn't equate to universal idiocy.

I don't believe the whole "mentally retarded" thing was from the daily show interview. I was simply comparing that interview to the daily show interview on the basis that it sounded edited to make him sound bad similar to what they just recently did on the daily show.

Eh? The video goober showed (The one youre responding to) is of him exposing the daily show for editing his interview. He's simply adding the context to their edited video. Not sure what the name calling is for lol. He's hardly an idiot.

They lied to him in writing and in his face during the interview. The correct word is he was trustworthy, not an idiot. I'm sure hes learned a valuable lesson but i believe hes doing a good job at exposing them. In my eyes. Fuck the daily show

13. #33 RippedMonk, Feb 7, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2014

He admitted he said "mentally retarded" but that they took it out of context.  However, he still said mentally retarded in an interview by TDS.   If you are famous and you say mentally retarded, it is going to become known.  This is a no brainer.  My point with his radio show video was that he can explain all he wants, he still fucked up.  I'm not sympathetic to people who do stupid things, get exploited and then whine about it. 

I admitted he isn't a complete idiot, but his actions appeared idiotic.  He's a fool if he thought a comedy show that defends the minimum wage wasn't going to make him look bad.  He knows what TDS is all about.  People that go on there and expect any different are at least fools...i'll spare him the idiot remarks.

Trustworthy is not the right word.  If he was trustworthy, then others can trust him.   I'm sure he did learn a lesson.  Perhaps his ambition of being a media mogul is too much and he should just stick to running his company. 

14. #34 Massholes, Feb 7, 2014

Correct, I meant to say he trusted them. (found them trustworthy)

Lesson learned, hopefully.

The Daily Show and Colbert Report have gone completely softball and are now much more focused on FOX News and 'conservative' talking heads than actually exposing corporate/government shenanigans (even if their previous efforts were also 'softball' in nature). I now see John Stewart making arguments that would be more at home in a FOX owned set - ironic, being that this is mostly in an attempt to humiliate FOX for their bias and incompetency. Stewart and Colbert have never been a great counter-culture outlet though, as they are owned by Viacom, and even their more relevant and hard-hitting satire is still concealed under comedy that hides the true seriousness of the issues they cover. I will no longer watch their shows, as they too support the statist paradigm and are too tied into their corporate parent-company's wishes. Humorous, but they undermine their real responsibility as press, even if they are aired from Comedy Central.... 

16. Weed grants special powers, it's true.  Now what?

17. I wouldn't say it grants special powers but for me there seems to be some sort of effect on how you perceive others. You notice more subtitles in their body language and the way they act. This may help with seeing through lies, perhaps. 

But the big awakening is being told your whole life through society that its so bad only to try it out for the first time and enjoying it greatly. Its enough to make me think, what the fuck else is being so blatantly lied about?

18. I'm not trying to sound like a dick because I think it's good that you're thinking about these things. But i advise you to do a little more research on a lot of these topics because you seem to see a lot of them as black and white and are just pushing the stereotypically "libertarian" viewpoint.

"I said God damn, God damn The Pusher man"

Yeah I'm not sure when libertarians started getting stereotyped as they are.  Most libertarian's I know personally are socially and fiscally liberal.  Most on here fit into that blades stereotype, or they just worship Ayn Rand.   Libertarianism is more diverse than most socio-economic philosophies and that's one reason its impact is minimal.