Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Being A 'Pothead'

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Drugs Bunny, Jun 15, 2012.

1. How do you guys deal with being called a pothead?

I smoke every night just for my enjoyment and relaxation but my girlfriend/mom/some friends all hate it. I don't understand why they have to hate on it so much, I wish they'd leave me to do my thing

:smoke:

2. I don't have to deal with being called a "pothead". Most everyone doesn't know I smoke unless I tell them. I don't dress like a typical stoner or stereotype. I don't see a need to dress or act like someone I'm not. I just smoke for fun and to relax my muscles after a long day. If someone were to call me a pothead I would just walk away, not even waste my time responding to them. Just an ignorant thing to say to someone.

3. everyone i know smokes weed or they dont but they are kool with it so i dont have this problem...tell them to try it and stop being dicks.

4. Calling someone who smokes a joint a day a pot head is like calling someone who has a glass of whiskey a day an alchoholic

5. People are dumb. If they aren't open minded enough to not slap a stereotype on you, they aren't worth your time, my friend.

6. this

i would be offended and ask why they would say something so stupid

I work vary hard, take care of my wife and kids, and workout on a regular basis. I just enjoy smoking a few times a week before bed. Kinda like enjoying a glass of wine

7. <--- Embrace it.

8. My friends call me a pothead/stoner all the time. Honestly it doesn't affect me. I enjoy smoking weed and I see it as a pastime

9. I am not into the labels and stereotypes, but if someone calls me that or judges me as one, first off, idgaf what they think or have to say, and second I'm cool with that. I have a deep unexplainable love for marijuana and if people recognize that, thats cool.

10. I don't mind the word at all, but pot is a dumb term, I prefer stoner.

My girl complains at times, she would rather I stuff my body with legal things like caffeine, nicotine, acetaminophen etc. Its clear she doesn't understand or want to so I just laugh it off.

11. My parents and majority of friends/siblings are stoners so I don't deal with this however, if someone were to call me a 'pothead' I would simply laugh. Little did they know their beloved 1st President was the biggest 'pothead' of his time.

12. Bro, i'm exactly the same way

13. [quote name='"dawntoker"']<--- Embrace it.[/quote]

I concur.

14. I just shrug it off and laugh to myself, if they're serious then they really don't understand weed.

15. #15 tihanachu, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    my sister tried to insult me the other day by saying, "why don't you go smoke a joint you stoner bitch." to which i replied "thanks for offering. you got a lighter?"

also what is your guys' definition of a pothead or stoner? is it bad? do they mean the same thing? i feel like we need a dictionary to organize everyone's slang because i honestly find no offense in being called these words lol.

16. I think it's one of those "It's not what was said but how they said it"

It's quite subjective reallly :confused:

17. I don't think anybody has ever called me a pothead, although I wouldn't give a damn if they did.

18. I think that smoking 'every evening' is a particularly responsible way of doing it - 'pothead' should be more clearly defined - for you relatives sake at the very least, there are people who get nothing done as they are baked from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep, these useless sods should be described as potheads rather than people who simply enjoy enhancing their lives with one of many naturally occuring plants.

19. I used to be considered a pot head- then i put it down after college. Recently picked it back up because i benefit from medical relief although i am not a cardholder yet.... But my family and few friends who know seem to respect the plant, and me more. I guess, cause i educated myself on cannabis, and also i was straight with them. I find honesty to seriously work the best when it comes to friends and family. tell them why you do it. as long as you are comfortable sharing your reasoning....

20. I just laugh at those people.
    Who cares.

YOLO...
    Lmfao.