Being A Parent and A Smoker

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Dronevil666, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Not sure if any of you out there have kids but I'd like to know what everyone's opinion is on the subject of being a parent yet still maintaining your love for cannabis. I know some guys who smoke and their wives, girlfriends, fiancees...etc give them no end of grief because of it. I'm a parent of two and I see absolutely nothing wrong with taking a break here and there and enjoying some herb. Taking the time out to enjoy some dank bud either by yourself or with your significant other definitely makes the day that much better:smoke:

2. I see no problem with it as long as your responsible. As in not smoking infront of near young children, especially since if they are in school they could mention that their parent smokes marijuana to the wrong person (teacher, other adults, etc). But I see nothing wrong with a smoke mesh after they are in bed or out of sight and smell.

3. Its parents that smoke cigarettes right infront of their kids that bother me. Second hand smoke can be very damaging over time

4. My cousins step mom and her father are complete badasses, they toke and her step mom has two kids of her own...they are cool kids too and they have a decent house..they live in southern idaho though in a small town, but that doesn't matter, when I was visiting them her step mom gave us free weed everyday it was good and very awesome:b

5. You sound like a chill parent nuff said

6. Just make sure the kids don't find it ;)

7. I see no big deal, take care of your kids and enjoy the herb, just b careful around them, damn snot nosed rugrats always have a habit of mentioning it to people they shouldent, but most kids dont even kno the diff between a joint and a cigg, to them smokin is smoking

8. I have a 12 year old, and my husband and I continue to smoke. Not daily, but pretty close.

First, I never, ever, ever smoke around my child and make sure everything is locked up and hidden.

Second, I don't advertise the fact that I smoke. No suggestive t-shirts or bumper stickers, and I definitely don't talk about it with people who don't know I smoke. It's not worth the potential legal consequences.

I don't find it any different then coming home from work and having a glass of wine. It doesn't affect my ability to parent in any way. However, I think if you're doing either of the above, then it is affecting your kids lives for the negative and that should be first priority. (not "you" the OP, but just in general)

9. Sounds like alot of responsible people in this thread,
    awesome. Nothing to add to the above.

10. i have a daughter who isnt old enough to talk yet, and i try to be responsible as i can be with her. I dont even like smelling like cigs around her, it makes me feel like an asshole.
    In regards to weed and kids though, i dont see problems, but ya know, like everything else there of course is problems with it.
    I dont plan on even letting her know that i dipped into it, until shes old enough to understand. i dont drive with it on me with her. i try not to hold her when im high
    but to be honest, when im high, thats the funnest time to be around her haha
    i love every fucking minute of it.

11. If you're anything like my dad, who takes shots right after he gets home from work and becomes a ass, then we have a problem.

Smoking a J though, is a totally different story. You dont become a helpless p.o.s after a while, and you're still in control.

But just be careful not to smoke around them and hide the ganja in a safe.

So many kids these days are being fed lies by those faggot ass D.A.R.E people, and some parents actually got snitched out by their kids. :(

12. I have a kick ass 1 year old. He's the most awesome little dude ever. And I'm sure he's going to be a stoner when he grows up.Yes. I think I'm very responsible around him but being high has no real affect on that. That just means that we are going to watch cartoons for longer than normal, or go swimming and play around, or take a trip to go munch out (this little fucker has the appetite of a grown man, I swear he has the munchies all the time!)And he was born with an frohawk. which just goes to prove he's a future stoner.

[​IMG]

13. I would do it too. But my uncle drinks and smokes weed also has two kids.. His marriage is falling apart. That's his fault tho

14. That baby has boss hair.

15. Why can't smoking pot be like having sex? I mean every couple has sex, and everyone knows they do but it's accepted and therefore no big deal. No body would ask if it were appropriate to continue to have sex after thier children were born, why should pot be any different? We live a severly fucked up world...........

16. Some body rep this genious motherfucker! Awwwww nevermind i'll do it myself. Well said my friend!

[​IMG]

17. It's nice to see responsible parents in here :hello:

18. I have a 16 yr old son....I have always been a weed smoker but he has no idea...lol

I'd rather him smoke weed though than drink for rec purposes....its a fucking shame weed is illegal but alcohol isnt....understatement, I know

19. I agree completely (even though I'm an avid drinker). It'll be a long time before the issue needs to be attended to but when it is me and my wife are on the same level.I want him to take the same actions I did as a kid. I never got in trouble for smoking bud when I was young and I didnt even know that my parents knew until a couple weeks short of me being shipped off for Basic training in the Army. And my mom let me know that as a kid that got stoned she couldnt have wished for a better one.I want my little dude to be the same way.