beginning to grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Wootie2001, Nov 12, 2002.

1. well it has now come time for me to beg for help from my fellow forum members...this will be my first time growing so i need to know some basic things before i start...i know newbies ask this stuff all the time but lets face it guys it still is not clear...

i need to know what would be a good strain to start growing..i like ak-47, nevilles haze, white widow and super haze to name a few...i want something of the one hitter quitter category...i can only grow indoors at the moment so let me know what strain grows best indoors under a 65-85 degree temp.

what brand name of soil and fertilizer has worked best for growers?

also i already have four cool white flourescents with a fixture...will these be enough....

another question is "is flowering the same thing as budding"

i have been checking out www.seedsdirect.to and i am about to order some seeds...it shows flowering time ..is that the amount of time the plant will take to bud....
    please let me know anything and everything i need to make this a successful grow and all input is greatly appreciated....also feel free to email me at Wootie2001@aol.com with further tips to make my mission a success...thanks and have a high day

2. Im a newbie too, and none of the faq's ive read mention thid:
    Hiow do u know that your plant fenetics is for indoor?what if you take outdoor seeds and grow em indoors, or indoor seeds to outdoor, Ive heard it screws some things up, does ne1 have pics of what tiny prebudding pics to determine m/f plants? I notice a little tiny sort of ball on some of my plants... is this norml neways

3. what if you take outdoor seeds and grow em indoors, or indoor seeds to outdoor

there's no indoor outdoor seeds, they're all outdoor :D
    it really doesn't matter so much for indor since you control all aspects. outside it matters. If you plant a strain that matures over a long period (equator variety) then you will be fucked planting in in New england since in gets cold early.

male palnts have little balls (sorry about your luck), where female will look like 2 long half circles with 2 small hairs coming out (sorry, couldn't think of a better description).

what brand name of soil and fertilizer has worked best for growers
    any will do really, it's how you mix the dirt with other key ingredients that matters.

another question is "is flowering the same thing as budding"
    yes, same thing

i need to know what would be a good strain to start growing..i like ak-47, nevilles haze, white widow and super haze to name a few
    I wouldn't worry about htis too much. I've seen guys that totally fuck up great Kush strains due to bad practices. granted you needs killer seeds/clones to get killer results, but the techniques used are going to help new first time grower more than the initial seed used. make sense?

It's kind of like buying a gun. I have people ask me which to recommend. I always tell them to get a good gun it will pay for itself in the end. but in reality, the dirrerence between a person that hits bullseyes and one that doesn't is more in the technique than the gun itself.

5. here's me believing that with 100% skunk plants it is not possible to fully mature them outdoors.
    why do you say that? skunk is a generic term for indica. indicas are generally from places like Afganistan or Kush mntns and would need to mature before winter sets in. unless you live in Canada or plant it late it should fully mature.

6. There are seriously tons of seeds you can choose from, 717 different strains to be exact.

So this is always the obstacle to many new growers.

What you can do is generally look at the picture post and see some bud pics, smoke reports and what-not.

Also, try to the practice the FIM or topping techniques which can be located at www.overgrow.com/faq

Personally I would recommend a Pure aka 100% strain to start with. I have experimented with strains like This x That = ThisThat Crap. Unstable strains will lead to poor germination rates, slow growth, etc.

Sensi Seeds do offer an indoor mix of 40 indoor strains....with assorted quality F1 strains. Nirvana seeds are also worth the money for their strains.

It all boils down to what brand you fancy. Some swear by Steve's Sweethtooth#3/#4, others maintain their love for Dutch Passion Feminized BlueBerry.

Seeds Direct has recently got a few orders busted by US Customs....complains from customers....other wise, they are one of the reliable banks around.

White Widow, Skunk#1, Blueberry [sensitive to fertz at times], G13 x Hash Plant, NL are all popular strains to grow.

Hope this helps a litle.

JKX