Beginning set up

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jp4400, Nov 5, 2017.

1. Hi, I’m new to growing and I really know nothing about it, I’m going to be using a small 2x2x5 set up in my closet for 1-2 plants, I don’t want to fuck it up so I’m wondering if anyone has any advice on lights, soil, seeds, and anything else needed to set up a nice grow, thanks

2. You should grow only 1 plant in that space, one can fill it out easily. If you have the budget, i would buy a 400w LED (400w from the wall, not an equivalent). I personally only grow in soil, just make sure you have plenty perlite in it. For seeds, you can buy on seedsman, i would go with an Indica strain since taking into account the pot size, the light and the space needed between the light and the plant, you cant have one that grows tall. Make sure you have fans to dispose of heat

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I was thinking of doing a gorilla glue plant or something, i can add more height but i just dont know everything i need or how to even set it up, any good threads or website recommendations i can check out? Thanks for the reply

4. I would suggest LST to reduce height and increase yield. And don't do autos for your first time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Definitely get a quantum board. Here's my girl under a 135w quantum board in a 2x2 scrog :) Oh and i'm using iron-heads nutrient formula, give it a try you'll be happy with the results.
    20171025_043313467_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. This site should help you a lot..... Grow Weed Easy - Learn How to Grow Cannabis

7. Only problem with the QB is budget, this first grow is kind of on a tight budget, any other cheaper light recommendations? :)

8. Grab a meizhi. I run a 450 in my 2x2 that's 195 actual watts and it does just great.
    114$ for the 450.
    Only grow one plant in that space, and make sure its not a verry tall strain. You're going to need to lst/train no matter what .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Qb120 is only $60 if diy and $100 for the ready to go kit. I used it for one plant in a 2x1.5x4 closet space. She's almost done and I'm happy with the results: IMG_5564.JPG IMG_5579.JPG
    As for other stuff, do you know what medium you want to grow in? If not hydro I would get some smart pots, fox farms soil, grow big, and tiger bloom. Cal mag, and ph up/down kit with the tester. That's all I need to finish a plant. Oh and a light timer. Read www.growweedeasy.com a million times, it's a great resource for beginners

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1