beginning of an iron deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by dannyg, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Hello. My plant is in the second week or so of flowering. Seems that I have some leaves turning almost white (mid level of the plant) and what looks to be the beginning of an iron deficiency. Right now only about 3 leaves are showing sign. Pics:

http://64.78.33.121/dsc00272.jpg
    http://64.78.33.121/dsc00273.jpg

Soil used is Miracle Gro potted plant seed soil + chicken manure + dolomite lime. Feed it Maxsea 16-16-16.

2. does your Miracle grow have ferts already added?
    I assume it does, as thier is a ton of people this season all having issues at budding time when using MG

I have a couple test plants in MG that look the same as yours, and nothing helps, except for the one I transplanted

3. Yeah I saw the posts about MG. I'm thinking about taking out as much soil as I can and replacing it with some high P fert.

4. You have other signs too.
    The connection between the green leaves and the green stem is red.
    I've seen this before in plants with too low a pH.
    Those little red/white dots on the leaves tell the same story.
    Crappy soil / too low a pH.
    You know what to do!

5. urgr8estfear just confirmed my gr8estfear. A pH imbalance. I was thinking that my soil was more alkaline because I had a lot of dolomite lime and epsom salt in the soil so I added some peat moss to help balance out the pH. I dont really know what the pH is and I bought 2 different types of testers which didnt work right. Can anyone recommend some good flowering soils I can buy at Ace Hardware, Walmart or Target? I fed the plant some 6-30-30 plant food today, seemed to like it a lot.

6. I also want to avoid transplanting if possible. This plant needs to stay outside.

7. So anyone know of a good flowering soil I can get at a retail shop?

8. So I went down to the local hydroponics shop and purchased the best flowering soil they recommended. I dug out as much of as the old soil as I possibly could and im going to let it sit like that for the night.

I plan on watering the plant tomorrow morning to get it used to the new soil and then feeding it with my 6-30-30 food on thursday and hopefully it will be doing a lot better by friday.

9. I think after a soil transfer + the 6-30-30 food they'll be fine in no time! :D

10. yes it looked happier today. even gave it a lil more expensive bottled watter lol. will feed it tomorrow early in the morning. :D

11. becarefull PH on bottled water isnt always what it seems

12. true well after much work the plant looks a lot better and I couldnt really find any whitening leaves. how often do you guys usually feed your plants when it is flowering?