Beginning grower in need of a little advice....

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jsegura909, Feb 10, 2017.

1. #1 jsegura909, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Ok guys this is my first time venturing into medical marijuana growing. Everything started off great however this morning when I was checking on my plants I noticed the tips were turning yellow. After doing a little research I thought maybe my lights were burning them. So, I raised them higher and turned one of them off. I'm using CFLs at the moment btw. Also, my humidity was way too high this morning so I turned on my ventilation fans and threw some rice inside my grow tent which has fixed that issue. However, I don't see any improvements on my sprouts. It almost looks like it got worse. Granted, I did water them with nutrients this morning thinking that may be a problem. Probably should have waited after doing a little research and learning that there should be enough nutrients in the Fox Farm soil I got. Somebody please give me some input on what I'm doing wrong and how I can fix it. Thanks in advance! I'm posting pictures of my plants as well as my setup and current conditions

*****Update: Thanks for input guys. I figured it was probably nute burn. I flushed each plant out with about a gallon of purified water. I ran out so I'll be picking up more tomorrow. Can someone tell me how much water I should be using to flush them out? I don't want these bad boys to suffer anymore and die on me

Attached Files:

2. CFL's can be as close as an inch away without hurting your plants. Looks like nute burn to me

3. #3 Shifte83, Feb 10, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    I'm also learning but sounds like light burn
    Maybe I should read the whole post before posting my self

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Looks like nute burn to me as well. Shouldn't need to feed them nutes that early in the grow. Just feed them water for now.

• Like Like x 1
  5. definately nute burn

• Like Like x 1
  6. You think flushing them out with just water will correct the issue?

7. You shouldn't have to. Just cut the nutes for now and use plain water, they will be fine.

8. Cool thanks for the help

9. Lol it's all good thanks for looking

• Like Like x 2
  10. image.jpg
    Jus feed it ph'd water, the soil has enough nutes for a couple off weeks, then start at 1/4 dose, they'll be fine, it's def not your cfls, they're too far away, I have mine at 4" at all stages never had light burn, flowering 6th week in right now, 300w dual spec CFL .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Awesome thanks for the info

• Like Like x 1
  12. Do you think I should turn on my MH bulb for them or is it still too early for that? I don't want to fry them

• Like Like x 1
  13. Wait a couple off weeks with the cfls first