Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. My calcs for that 100mm/4"=105cfm/175cmh=~6300cfh=105cfm.

Unless my meter to feet conversion is way off.:confused:

2. look here Air Volume Conversions, u just take the # in front of the m3/hr & multiply it by 1.7 to get the cfm's

3. this has to be the most broken down and step by step starter guide! thank you for the info i look forward to reading more and sharing my experiances with everyone as well!

4. My only suggestions are to go more into CFLs and LEDs and to re-make the PDF to look a little better (text is right up to the sides which makes it hard to read). Otherwise great post.

5. Hey jcj, first off awsome thread ive enjoyed reading so far. And second the guides you have made are awsome, i personally enjoyed the DIY ebb for under 100%. But anyways, slightly stoopid question. But what stage is first? Vegetative or Flowering? i think flowering....

6. i dont know enough about leds to post something up, i dont want to post bad or wrong info. the pdf file isnt up to date w/ the post, im very busy, but thanks, when i get it updated, ill redo it. whats missing about CFL's?

7. thanks, but its veg

8. Hi

I was working out the cost of setting up a grow and how much i could yield in a period of time and these are my stats so far.

Lighting 250w CFL envior grow lights one red and one blue switch for flowering and vegging.
    Seeds feminized Big Bud.
    Grow around 2 plants, LST due to space issues and reckon 1oz in total dry weight is fair guess??

So my question is how long will it take to turn over to the harvesting stage?

I believe these take around 12weeks to fully bud so is 12 weeks vegging enough? Whats an ideal time?

With a good depth of pot i would only have around 1ft maybe 1.5 of free space between light and pot, obviously i am not sure and depends on setup.

9. big bud takes 8-9wk to finish flowering. your veg time is a personal pref, but the longer u veg the larger the yield will be. 1oz is way under for that strain, so thats easy to acomplish.
    imo a good veg of 2-4wks (4 would be better), then switch to flower.
    id also do more than 2 (unless u get feminized seeds), b/c u have a 50/50 shot at getting females. you can even do 12/12 (flower) from seed, w/o a veg

10. I think you multiply it by a .58857 which would be nearly half the m3/hr in cfm.

Think of a square cube 3'x3'=about 27 square feet per hr and divide that by 60 min=about 1/2 a cfm per m/3hr.

Is that right??:smoking:

11. #111 kc36, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
    I made a mistake i have fem Easy Bud Seeds, so pretty similar just a smaller yield i believe.

Ok thats better, 2 months plus a month of veg from seed so 3 months min.

I have fem seeds already so guaranteed bud :) So does 250W CFL seem ok for 2 plants?
    And would be best to LST, given my small time of vegging and space?

I am not sure about going straight to flower as it vegs for a little and when mature enough to flower that begins, correct? Is yield a lot smaller?

So i under shot my overall yield, that good to hear.

12. look at the chart, all the m3 to cfm comes out to 1.7. eg: 10cfm = 17M3 / hr, 20cfm = 34M3 / hr, 30cfm = 41M3 / hr, 150cfm = 255M3 / hr

13. Easy Bud Seeds take 7-8wks to flower, so yes your looking @ around 3 months or so. yes 50-100w per plant is the minimum, but more is better. yes lst is a good idea. yes 12/123 from seed, the plant wont flower til mature (about 2wks), & yes yield will be smaller

14. Yes,you multiply 1cfm by 1.7 for 1.7 m/3hr

And divide the m/3hr by .58

So the cfm would always be .58 of the m/3hr.

His 150mm/6" 240m/3hr fan would only be moving about 140cfm w/o any resistance,adding a CF and ducting would lower that even further.

It's nice to have missunderstandings,they really help us find out how to calc stuff better no matter who is right or wrong.:p

15. #115 jcj77d, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2009
    why do u divide by .58, i dont understand, not trying to argue, i just trying to understand. is it b/c your trying to convert min to hrs.
    b/c the chart says 10cfm = 17m/3hr or 1cfm = 1.699 M3 / hr, or 1 M3 / hr = 0.58857 CFM. im real bad at math sorry

16. If 10cfm=17m/3hr as that chart states you would need to divide the m/3hr by .58 to get the correct cfm,OR multiply the cfm by 1.7.;)

17. 1 M3 / hr = 0.58857 CFM, so if u take 17m/3hr & multiply it by .58857 you get 10cfm. im lost when it comes to math like this, shit, i had to take algebra 3x b4 i passed

18. You got it,so just for the record for us US growers when you see m/3hr and you want to figure the cfm's it's divide it by .58 or about 60% will be the cfm rating.

It's geometry and simple complex math,oxymoron??---yep!!

19. I looked at your chart, but then I noticed from reading the boards that a lot of people say 6500K is better for vegging. How accurate do you think this chart is? Or is there really a proven answer, 5500K or 6500K?

20. That chart reflects 5500 is better,there are very few 5500K HID bulbs even available so unless someone did a side by side compairison they would only be guessing.

The 6500K is much better than many of the wharhouse cheap MH bulbs out there for sure as most of those are not designed for growing at all and are 4100K with a poor cri and lower Lumen output as well.

Do you have any links to these ppl's claims,im interested in reading how they came to that understanding.;)