Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. If i were to start a simple 1-4 plant grow, could i use a regular desk lamp but replace the bulb?

2. hey great post by the way been reading much !! i have a major issue i need help. i got a grow tent 78X78X140cm im using an hps 400w with ballist at the moment ive got a metal hyde (bulb) and i use a fresh inline fan for extracting and i currently have 3 pc fans in the tent blowing wind over the plants and a big tall stand up fan outside blowing air in.

now i got a prob my temps r high even with the bulb @mo the temps are high 80s not getting past 91f do you have any suggestion for me i cant afford much max prob about 30 quid

will buying a similar fan 4" like my extractor fan do the trick? or you think i can get by on the set up i have. im a bit baffled and would love some advice. links and suggestions of inline fans would be great.

iv heard many conflicting reports on growing weediv heard ppl say oh u dont need an intake fan an extractor ones fine just make sure flaps open on grow tent etc.

this why im in this prediciment now. the misus is getting the ump cus it all started with a lamp and has just tumbled on like that !!>. now im looking for inline fan and this has def gota b the fixer . real hope you can help !!! u the man and ty for doin this !! once again great post !!!

3. yes u can, the fixture doesnt matter, its the bulbs

4. leave tent flaps open, no intake fans. get a bigger or stronger exhaust fan, i use a 8" 500cfm fan in my 4x4x7 tent & still get temps @ 82-83, & vent the hot air out of the room.

5. ye n1, i think my tents a bit of a bummer tho as flaps lose alot of light wen left open im gona do what u siad tho right now !! n1 im just looking to see what speed my fan is !

6. can you point me to a good one ? a name would be good my fresh inline one doesnt seem to be any good the specs are 130m3/hr which i take it aint much cop it has a speed rpm of 2800.

but i dont really know what good fan to look for theres so many ty!!!

7. i leave mine open & barley any light comes out, i just leave it open against the 2nd floor. what size is the fan

8. your fan moves 221cfm, but once u add ductintg, etc, it goes down. look @ the vortex fans

9. #89 weed@rare, Sep 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2009
    oh boo soz for late posting just got back from work!! hopefully youl respond tomoro or soemthing

ye looks like my fresh inline fan is pretty pants it can only b used upto 2m of ducting (straight ducting) so this no good it has to bend to get out of the house !. its a 100mm

i got tent size rong tho its 78X78X120cm

i think im gona buy a new extractor fan and maybe have the fresh inline fan for blowing air over plants as my big stand up fan really is a heafer !!!

im gona maybe purchase this one

Systemair LTI HVK Fan

its specs are150mm with a 420 m3 per hour im hoping this is enoguh cos money is getting tight !! and even this is really 20 quid over budget !>. but the grow must not fail !

will this do it do you think ??

my current fan is this one the 100mm

http://www.3ch.co.uk/environment/ventilation/fresh-inline-duct-fan/prod_660.html

10. your better posting ?'s in my "so you want to grow......" thread, they will get answered faster.
    yes that fan will do alot better & moves 714cfm, & has lots of torch so it wont bog down like those inline fans do.

11. yes ty !! no worrys ^^ i only posted these quiries here cos i like that big post u did ! i thought it was that very post orrignily !! so sorry for posting this here !! (soz for spelin i think mines prob worse) !!

n1 dude i apreiciate your answer !! and thats great news il be getitng it in a few days !

:hello:

12. Jcj your stuff is great and really helpful. Im looking into growing under a bar that will counteract for holding homebrew. I was thinking of making it 5' long and 2.5' wide with a 1.5' l shape running along the back and one side. The l part will be 5' tall and the rest 4'. I plan on putting my homebrew stuff in the front, and the back L shaped part will be for growing. I am thinking of sectioning the top and bottom of the L using the bottom for the mother and a few clones/veg and the top for flowering. the bottom will be 25x18x60" and the top will be 42x18x60". Im curious as to how much space the mother plant really needs for it to be healthily maintained and whether the bottom part of the L will be enough room to house the motherplant as well as get clones all the way through the veg stage? I was thinking probably 3 plants cycling through at a time (3 in flower, 3 in clone/veg).
    I am thinking of using CFLs to minimize the cost. I know cool white for veg and warm white for flowering, but of what wattage for both are ideal?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much

13. what would be a good start off bulb (easy to find) and do you have to use a different bulb for flowering? thanks for the help:)

14. look here http://forum.grasscity.com/advanced-growing-techniques/291687-bonsai-mums-guide.html. u could fit 1 big mom of lots of bonsai moms, or a few medium moms. u want 50-100w or a minimum of 3500-5000 lumens per plant, u can get away w/ the lower end of watts for veg, but for flower more light is better.
    come by my "so you want to grow......." thread once u get started

15. cfl's or flouro tube lights, & no not a different bulb, just a different color bulb, for veg u want 6500k or 5500k, & for flower u want 2700k bulbs

16. Hello, I have just germinated my seed, planted them and put a plastic bag over them to keep it humid. They just sprouted today and i was wondering if i can remove the plastic bag now, or if i should keep it on for a little while longer.

17. u can take bag off, just make sure the medium stays moist

18. hey i'm about to buy a high powered sodium light. i was just wondering if there is a certain watts or whatever that i'm supposed to be looking for when choosing the lights. thanks in advance

19. also do HPS lights use a lot of electricity? like how much more than a fluorescent light?

20. HID lights is the same as cfl/flouros. 50-100w per plant, but these hps & mh lights dont screw into regular sockets, they need a matching ballast to power them.
    all lights use the same @ the same watts, eg: a 400w hps uses the same as 400w of fluorescents