Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. thanks for the sticky

2. #62 john, Aug 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009

I can just imagine you now, jumping around your computer, clapping your hands, and screaming, "Oh yes, yes, yes" lmfao.

3. Assuming that this is done the right way, about how long does it take on average to yield buds capable of being smoked? Is this couple of week long project or a couple of months?

4. I know this guide thoroughly explains the process of growing, but what would happen if I just planted some seeds in a pot (or backyard)? Would they not grow at all? Not worth smoking?

Thanks

5. not really, b/c im in a wheelchair, so no jumping for me :eek:, & besides im not a gloater:cool:

6. idk what kinda weed u see, but a plant from seed on 12/12 wont have buds on it in 2wks, it takes 2wks from seed for them to enter the flowering stage, mj plants wont flower until they are mature enough. if seed is on 12/12 from the start u can expect buds in about 8wks. if from a veg cycle, it will take the veg time + the plants flowering time to get good smokable bud.

7. it will grow, but plants need food just like we do to survive.

8. Didn't know you were in a wheelchair man, sorry about that.

9. And i was just being sarcastic about the 2 weeks thing.

10. i figured, but since most noobs take in what ppl say, i tossed that out for him.

11. how do i make a forum to let people see what im asking cause im new and lost at this

12. you mean thread/journal? just go to the right thread section & start a new thread

13. Hello,

I appreciate the info..my question is when it comes to odor control, what do you mean by a small grow or in other words how many plants will the carbon/filter cover up and gaurantee the 99% masking of the smell ?

14. Can anyone tell me what is the best (safest) choice of cleaning agents to use when I drain out my ebb and flow system and refresh the water supply? I don't know what I should use when I'm wiping down the reservoir walls. I have searched all day and can't find anything related to cleaningof hydroponics areas. Any suggestions would help, thanks.

15. they make dif size carbon filters for this reason, but even a small carbon filter should be able to control the odor of 10 plants, the more plants the quicker the carbon will have to be replaced or recharged w/ a smaller filter & vise versa

16. water & 10% bleach solution, then a good rinse. you can also use a very very strong h2o2 & water mix

17. ok so i have a 400w hps light with a remote ballast, i was wondering how far away does it need to be from the plant?

18. depends on age of plant.
    seedlings = 36"
    younger = 24"
    mature = hand test, = lower the light till the light doesnt burn your hand after 1min @ tops of plants

19. great post man really enjoyed it, hoping to get my set up goin by next week just need seeds. not buying them on my first time or probably ever not worth it IMO. hopefully when i start posting my results u can give me a hand :wave:

20. anytime, just drop by, "so you want to grow........"