Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. Thanks for that.

2. Thought I’d fire a post about the training I’m doing with my girls... hopefully it’ll help some one :) it’s a type of LST but abit more Intense with added trimming and in a sense it’s mainlining vs flux training..

I started off by transplanting my seedlings into pots but bent them straight over I tied them down and allowed them to grow side ways across the pot corner to corner I then potted them up into there final 3gal pots put I didn’t place them in the middle I planted them into the corner of the new pot meaning they could continue being grown from one corner to the other.. I then continued to tie them down and have now been able to start the real training.

So here we have one of the girls after the above training..

[​IMG]

Step 1, use a pokey or punch and line up where you think you can hold the plant down.

[​IMG]

Step 2, use garden twist cable, (never tie this around plant stems it will cut through and you will snap branches learnt from yours truely)

[​IMG]

Tie it through the hole you’ve made and twist it off to give you an anchor to work with.

[​IMG]

Step 3. Use your tie to pull over the branch you need to hold down. Now once your happy use your pokey/punch again on the other side and do the same with the twist tie and tie it off.

[​IMG]

Step 4, repeat your way round the branches until you have a tidy tied down plant.

[​IMG]

Step 5. Once you have completed the tie down go ahead and trim anything that’s unwanted and unneeded and could cause a hindersnce to your tied down branches, when all is said and done you should have something that looks like this.

[​IMG]

Step 6, carry on with entire garden.

[​IMG]

Step 7, The bounce back..
    The next day it’s always good practise to check all the ties as the plants bounce back from training fast and last thing you want is a branch hurting it’s self. The day after all the above training and the garden now looks like this.

[​IMG]

I will allow the garden to continue to grow for another week, I will check the ties every day or every other day at most, Il re adjust if I need to and then tidy up and retrain 1 week after last training giving the girls time to recover..

Hope this helps :)

3. Very informative! U seem to be very experienced and I was wondering if you could give me some pointers. I posted some pics in my album yesterday. I want to know if it is too late to top and bend. This is my first grow. Thanks for your time.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Those plants look great. This is just what I was looking for. I have some outdoor plants, pics in my album. Do u think it's too late to top and bend?

• Like Like x 1

Grasscity Deals Near You