Beginners Guide To Get You Started In Growing Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Growing Guides' started by jcj77d, Apr 30, 2009.

1. #2541 buckethead129, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2015
    I'm trying to hold out a couple yrs till the technology is ultimate, n cheap, like how the first iPhone was like 850$? the first good led will be SUPER in-expensive in comparison to present day "good units"
    ..https://photos.google.com/story/AF1QipM0Vqjra6sgA_...

2. They are out there NOW...

You just have to do the research...

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448073654.728659.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448073676.553358.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448073700.992697.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1448073740.897361.jpg

Ok so I'm growing in a mixture a friend uses. 40% soil, with chicken shit and good bacteria, 40% beats peat ground coconut shell, and 20% perlite. Growing 16 plants in 10 gallon pots each and 5 600w MH lights. Just picked the clones up from someone with great genetics. I'm growing Dutch treat. I'm using botanicare cns17 grow for veg. I've noticed the nutrients aren't as high in this nute as others. Should I still be using half strength for them since they are only about 8 inches tall or full strength since its weaker than most. I just removed some of the lower dying leaves, topped the new growth in a couple spots on each plant closest to the top, and transplanted them into their large pots. All that within about 60 hours. Will they be ok? How far should I keep my lights from the top of the plants. The hoods are not air cooled but I do have 2 fan oscillating across the tops of the plants and 1 fan blowing upward toward the lights. I had them about 8-10 inches away for about 12 hours and they were showing signs of heat stress and leaf burning. Why do some of the leaves curl downward and others aren't laying flat. It's like they're pointing straight upward. How do they look?

4. Seed came out with the shell attached and looking to be weighed down but 2 hours later I checked back up on it and it was standing up straight. The seed doesn't seem to be messing it up but should I take it off or wait a few more hours to see if it falls off then pull it off if it fall on its own?

Attached Files:

5. The Mix sounds good... But I'd like to see EWC in it...

Dolomite lime.... handful in the mix is good for keeping balanced PH...

Coco coir is good for draining... Perilite too.... Myself I add sand too...

It's all about the DRAINING...
    Your lights.... Start BACK more and move closer SLOWLY...

If it burns your HAND.... it's gonna burn your plant...

So put your hand in front of the plant for reference...

6. I wish I could SLAP you....

7. that's cool keyboard Warrior
    Got anything productive to say?

8. If you couldn't see I was trying to be funny for such a SIMPLE growing process...

Than maybe your too thin skinned for THIS FORUM....

Cause your gonna catch more flack than that for THOSE kind of questions...
    Question is.... Will you make the list ???
    [​IMG]

9. can't really tell if someone is joking on the internet, I've never had the seed come out with the helmet any other time I've grown. Which is why im asking since according to you it's so simple yet you haven't even answered it.

10. and I won't.... Your mothering it so much you've already taken it off...

Step away from the plant...

You've GROWN BEFORE ???

Show pictures ?

[​IMG]

11. #2551 gneextracts, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2015
    yeah I've grown 2 times completely other 3 times were fails but I'm pretty sure they were dead seeds. And if you're referring to the helmet, no I haven't pulled it off yet. Unfortunately no pictures, I didn't have my s6 before so I didn't care much about photography just bud to extract. I usually leave the growing to my partner but I gotta get the craft down too or I look like an idiot being an extractor that can't grow (in my opinion)

• Like Like x 1
  12. It's easy to grow...

Things you need...

Good draining soil...
    Good LIGHT...
    Air...

DON'T over water...
    Don't over MOTHER...

If plants die at first.... Oh well... it happened to us all...

Research.... Read,read,read.... You'll learn...

After I mix my Organic soil...

All I add during Veg is "Alaska" Fish Fertilizer....5-1-1

During flowering Stage , all I add is "Alaska" Morbloom.... 0-10-10
    Oh.... You can SPEND more.... But you can also Grow Good pot with less...

As I said.... My Base Soil is the Main medium...

OK... Yer "Helmet"....

In theory.... Letting "IT" remove it makes a stronger plant...

Kind of like helping a CHICK out of it's egg shell...
    But.... CAREFULLY..... You can help it...

That fails into the "Mothering" category...
    [​IMG]

13. I appreciate the info and comparison. I'm looking into mixing my own soil mix but haven't done enough research on it yet so I'm leaving that for another grow.

14. If you research... you can find a formula to start with and go from there...

or you can ask... and take yer chances. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

15. hey all experienced outdoor grower newbie indoor trying to ventilate an 8x4x7 grow tent with 2-1000w HP's, will a 6" 400 cfm do the job of cooling those hot lights? All advice on venting will be super helpful. Thanks in advance

16. Sounds like more than enough...

If your heat is a problem.... You can put another fan "Inline" with the first one...
    Or one for each light...
    Hard to tell how you have them Plumbed...

17. well my tent hasn't arrived yet is why I ask in advance to get a rough guesstimate as too hopefully not run into too much trouble during flower, I will also run the same 6" fan for filter and intake, all systems go? Heard some things in here about positive and negative pressures and what not, sounds like jibberish to me, lol I'm clueless, hopefully I'll be OK? Thanks again!

18. I'm doing LED ...

So I only run my exhaust fan 15 min each hour....

The sides "suck in".... that's negative pressure...

positive pressure would "balloon it"

19. Trimming process after harvest?

20. OP never noted that this is a guide for INDOOR growing. There should also be an outdoor growing guide as well. One that goes beyond sticking a seed in soil and watering it.