Beginner with DWC hydro system

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Dwillz86, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Okay so I’m fairly new to this I’ve done a lot of research but I know I’m still far from perfection, I have a 10 Gallon deep water culture hydro set up with only 2 plants, one is doing great but I see some leaves have a little yellow at the tips but most don’t, my ph is around 5.5ish I don’t have an exact read just the color chart and the LED lights are about 10 inches away and the top leaves aren’t discolored so I know it’s not light, also the hydro kit I bought (I know buying a kit was a waste of money I realized shortly after:/) and it says to feed every 3-4 Days with this like blue crystal feed and says 1/4 to 1/2 a tsp. For every gallon I use about 7 in the res. But there’s no way the bag for veg growth would last that long every 3-4 Days with the amount given and I thought that would be too much nutes so I only feed them when I change the res every 2 weeks, can anyone point me in the right direction, like a general play by play on what I need to do for veg and flower PLEASE and THANK YOU.

2. Do you have any pictures with normal lights?
    What "system" did you buy, and what is the name of the blue powder you mentioned for your nutirents? Does it show an NPK ratio?
    What brand/wattage led are you running?
    What is the temp of your reservoir?
    Temp of the room?
    Humidity?
    Are you using RO water/distilled or filtered/tap water?
    Did you start them on the system or teansplant from another medium?

Lots of variables come into play, and I'm probably missing some, but it's a start.

As with whatever the blue shit is, try using smaller amounts and add as you go. Less is more.
    Over time you'll be able to learn how to feed with what you're using, but I'd spend money in quality nutirents.
    As of now Im running CYCO because you can get away with just their Grow A and B and Bloom A and B. They have cal-mag in their products so no need to buy one. Runs about 25 bucks per liter for both. But the conversions are weird.

Look up technaflora's "Recipe for Success"
    It's fifty dollars and should get you through at least one grow for everything, even cloning gel to test out of you're daring.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. i'm doing dwc as well. have been for awhile now. i only add nutrients like u do, every week and a half to two weeks. i keep my water level constant so there's no unexpected nutrient concentration. keep your water in your res cool, like around 18 - 20C. if it does get two hot, freeze water in a plastic pop bottle and toss it in the res. it will cool it down. if the yellowing stays on the tips only, that's ok. try getting the ph at around 6.1 - 6.3. and the more bubbles, the better.

4. The most important thing aside of the PH is the EC (Electric conductivity) (also known as PPM (parts per million) value. It gives you the value of the dissolved solids (nutrients, lime..) in the feeding solution. If your water exceeds a certain value (I think around 600ppm, depending on plant age) your plants simply have too much and suffer of nutrient burn. This shows as „burnt“ leaf tips. You should buy a EC tester (around 10$) and also your nutrients from a reliable source, such as advanced hydroponics. Their nutrients are 3 part and include a feeding sceme for all plant stages. CEF6753F-BA47-42B2-AB05-27CAA11DD467.png F6EBDD3B-496D-45D4-99AA-AFC4A68B9A1C.png

• Agree Agree x 1