Beginner with a few questions

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by DaBouse, Mar 19, 2014.

1. I just ordered my first vape, the extreme Q by arizer. While I hear everyone raving about the bag method it just seems a little unnecessary to me. I haven't tried either yet but something tells me im probably going to be using the hose most of the time. Now from all the reading i've done, most people have instructed something along the lines of

1) preheat unit
    2) load bowl piece
    3) allow bowl piece to sit in heat for a few minutes
    4) begin drawing from hose or filling ballon
    5) enjoy

My question is, isn't vapor just free flowing out of the bowl those few minutes that they are letting them sit to get to temperature? Sounds a bit wasteful but no one has indicated otherwise. Also, Is it possible to rip it a few times and turn it off to come back to later without creating waste? Sorry for the questionaire, but i've never used a vape and im worried im not going to be able to get this right.

2. #2 GreenThumbGirls, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    I don't think that much is getting wasted while it heats up. It seems like the smoke would get stale and nasty if you came back to it later. I don't know that much about this type. I have a hot box

3. no I mean like hit it a few times through the hose, then turn off the unit. I mean, i suppose thats doable seeing as thats probably how the entire hose function works. I'm just not sure, everyone only talked about the bag function, which idk why because it seems very straightforward.

4. Let me be the millionth person to tell you, the most "high" I have ever gotten with a vape, and I have used many like MFLB, Pax, volcano and other home vapes, is with the extreme Q. I did not use a bag rather I used the long tube and took draws from that. After that sesh, I never underestimated vapes again LOL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Its only flowing if the fan is on or you're hitting it.

Bags suck. I tried it a few times in the EQ, all my friends hated it too. I prefer it strait on a bong over everything though

6. So vapor isnt as free flowing as smoke is? Maybe i just dont understand because i havent used one. But i just dont see how it would just hover in its general vicinity

7. You need heat to vape. If there is no airflow the bud isn't going to be hot enough to vape. Its not like its just sitting there waiting for you to inhale it.

Have you seen any videos of how they are used?

8. I think we're talking about 2 different things. I have seen vids, but almost all of them only feature the bag function. My main concern is everyone says once the unit is at temp to place herb on top in bowl, and allow that sit for another variable amount of time, my concern is that during that time, while vapors are releasing, aren't they just filling up the whip (and heading out if you have no plug on the end)?

9. Thats tge fan function, unless you turn the fan on there will be no vapor.

I think you are misunderstanding the part of leaving the bowl on to warm up. Its only to heat the glass up, you put the weed in than let it set to get warm, about 5 mins.

10. I didn't plan on using the fan at all. So during that 5 minutes vapor isn't moving around anywhere like smoke would? but then starts moving once I begin to inhale from the whip?

11. Pretty much ya. The EQ is a convection vape which means it works by hot air passing over the weed. A convection vape like the MFLB or Pax cooks the weed via contact with something ( usually a metal screen). Convection is soooo much better than conduction

A word of advice, use the elbow pack method, ypu pack the tiny screen full of weed instead of putting it in the bowl. It hits a lot better this way

12. #12 lwien, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014

I think you meant, "A "conduction" vape like the MFLB or PAX..............."

While I too like convection based vapes a lot better than conduction, the instant on/off heat feature of the MFLB works pretty good and help to mitigate the cons of conduction as long as you shake the hell out of it between hits.  ;)

13. Whoops! Apparently the EQ and MFLB are the same :p

14. When you say elbow pack? you mean just stuff it in the smaller screen? wouldn't it likely just fall back into its original place? I just had my first session, while im pretty lit in a different way, I feel like it was as dense as it could have been, though my first few hits were pretty fair. Thinking about testing the bag later just to see how dense the vaper is.

15. I've had an EQ for some time now, I highly recommend looking into elbow packs.
    Just lightly pack the elbow screen, if you use less than a full elbow the included stir tools back end fits in there perfect.

Check out my EQ hack thread: http://forum.grasscity.com/vaporizers/1281488-eq-hack-day.html
    The EQ is capable of producing nice clouds, you just need to work it a little.

:bongin:

16. Honestly I'm not a big fan of bag or whip style vapes

Me neither.    I think that for most that have ever experienced direct draw vapes, especially those with an all glass vapor path, they'll never go back to bags or whips.