Beginner Ventilation Advice

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by M@d, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Hey guys,

I currently have a grow room that is 3.5ft W, 5ft D and 8ft H. The room has 2 vents near the roof and 3 near the floor (see pic below). The vents run straight outside through a double brick wall. Unfortunately I cannot have a set up where anything is visible from the outside so I'm a bit lost on how to set up my ventilation. I plan on doing 2x exhaust fans with carbon filter on the top two vents and have the bottom 3 as passive intake.

If i cant have anything on the outside of the vent, how can I pull air through the carbon filter and out the vent? Do I have to set it up so that the carbon filter is rigged to the vent and the fan pushes air through it rather than pulls? Will this be effective enough for a 2-3 plant grow? If so how much cfm am I looking at per fan (given 2x fan / carbon filter set up) if theyre pushing air through filter and vent?

Let me know if you guys need more pics of stuff or if anything in my description doesnt make sense :)

[​IMG]

2. #2 Lact0, Oct 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2013
    Wrong topic ma bad :(

3. Haha made me realise I had another question for you awesome people to answer :)

If the above set up is do able and its extracting air straight outside my building, is this a security issue? How hot will this air be coming from 2 separate vents with 3 intakes and fans inside the room? Is FLIR or any other detection method an issue in this type of thing?

Thanks

4. Anyone got any advice? :(