Beginner to growing

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by tdaddy54, Mar 7, 2017.

1. I am a newbie to growing and I need some help. I am growing 6 White Widow in a 4x4 grow tent with 600 watt HPS/MH light. I planted my seeds with Foxfarm potting soil, and I am confused about testing the PH. I have a PH / TDS meter do I check my water for watering and feeding my plants or I'm I suppose to check my soil for PH and TDS, How do I do that and what are the rangers I should I be in ?
    Thanks for any help !!!

2. From the little I know (I think 3 plants in a 4x4 would be just right!). I saw a combo PH and moisture meter at Amazon for under $20..I think PH should be neutral (6.0)?

3. I don't grow in soil but I do know a little after a few years of growing. 6 plants in a 4x4 tent is going to become a bit crowded - I do 4 and it fills up. You have the perfect size light for a tent that size - should produce some nice buds. Your pH in soil should be around 6.5 and you should pH whatever you put in the soil - whether it's plain water or a nutrient solution. Testing the soil pH is done by doing a slurry test and frankly I'm not familiar with how it's done - but I don't think it's really necessary unless you suspect a problem in the root zone. You really should have started this thread in the Absolute Beginners forum instead of Advanced - Plant Training.

• Like Like x 1