Beginner Stealth

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MiracleBud, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Hi guys!

So i have this cabinet that it about 2` deep and 6` and is about 6` tall.
    Ive been doing me research and i think i can grow 4 plants with this space with about 6 CFLs or maybe i might need up to 10. The lighting is not the problem.... the problem is the strain that i would use. ive been researching dwarfs and what not but some people say they arent worth it and some people say that they got more then they needed. Can someone elaborate on this by telling me the strain they used and the yield they got??? I dont want to sell i just want to stop spending 200 dollars every 2 months on 2 oz u know???? I want some dank shit i can smoke by myself or with a buddy and just get blazed out of my skull u know???

Another questions is, I know that different strains like different nutes..... Since this will be my first grow.... i have no idea on what types of nutes to use on dwarves even tho ive done research and would like some advice from personal experience....

Right now I am going to plant in soil since i am trying to keep my noise and smell to a minimum and a bubble bucket or a hydro system would cause unwanted noise.

Another thing im missing is a filter for the smell.... I have seen people make small ones for 2-4 plants but cannot seem to find step by step dyi for these. I know people are gonna tell me to search more... but i have been searching and cannot risk starting my crop then have to deal with a smell problem 4 weeks b4 harvest.....

Anyway if anyone could help me this would be great!

Thanks guys

Miracle
    :smoking:

2. O and another question is.... people keep talking about 2700 and 5000 CFLs..... Whats the difference???? and will i need both????

Thanks
    Miracle

3. Research indica (short and bushy) and sativa (tall and airy).

Indica actually have been bred more because of the need to grow indoors, so there are many high-yielding cultivars. If you want to get stoned out of your skull like you said, as in a couch-lock high, grow indica. Indica is higher in Cannabidiol (CBD) which is the cannabinoid that gives these feelings.

4. Thanks man,

Dude i will definitely look into indica then....this is gonna sound stupid but i definitely watched totoro as a kid and still have the movie to this day!!!!! lol

+ rep because totoro is awesome

what about the auto strands are they any good???

Miracle:smoking:

5. Assuming you are referring to standard household CFLs (up to about 25w actual), you will need way more than 6 or 10 for that space.

The numbers you are referring to (2700k, 5000k) refer to the color spectrum of the light. It is being expressed as a measure of the wavelength, all you need to know about that is around 6500k is blue-spectrum light that you need during veg stage and 2700k light is reg-spectrum that you need during flower stage. Keep in mind this is unrelated to the amount of light.

6. Here's a thread on DIY carbon scrubbers. For better searches, use Google, not the forum search. You can limit results to just Grass City like so:

diy carbon scrubber site:grasscity.com

Popped that into Google and guess what? Link 3 was the one above. :)

GL...

7. I would recommend lowryder #2 for auto-flowering

*It is an indica/ruderalis mix
    *Grows a little over 12 inches tall I believe
    *Auto-flowers regardless of the photoperiod
    *I also believe that it is a stable strain (someone verify this?), so if you seperate the males from the females and flower one of the females, you will always have seeds for future generations.

Check it out! Many seedbanks carry this cultivar

8. #8 zpyro, Dec 31, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008