Beginner Stealth SCROG ?'s!!!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lsdforrabbits, May 3, 2011.

1. after much research and planning, i decided i'm finally ready to start my frist grow. i'm planning on keeping only one plant in a 18w18d3.5fth space under a 150 watt hps(might add cfls for added lumens+light spectrum). Organic soil grow, because of taste and buzz, but also because it's more forgiving to mistakes and under/overwatering/feeding. (organic fertalizer, and charcoal) i want an osculating fan, because i think even a 6 inch inline fan would be too loud. i'd cut light traps on either side to allow air flow, but hopefully find a good filter to kill scent. my biggest issue that i'm uncertain about is whether or not to try to SCROG a potentially huge plant. i love sativas, and most of the strains i was looking at are meant to be grown outdoors, and could reach heights of 8 feet. i wanted to scrog one of these plants, after only 3 weeks of veg to keep it short. i also looked into topping, but don't think topping a plant would be healthy at 3 weeks... what could i expect if i did that in terms of size and yield, and if i would have a shot at a healthy plant either way.....?????

also, CO2 was something i thought could become a potential issue. i don't plan on spending money on a co2 tank, so i was thinking of using a natural yeast sugar type deal... has anyone had success with that?

2. Im using one 2 liter bottle with 2 cups of warm water + 2 cups of sugar + 1 teaspoon of yeast for a 2x4 x 6 closet. Im not sure if its working or not but its worth a try. I don't want to spend money on a co2 tank until my next grow. I have seen on a thread someone saying the yeast method works but not very well..unless maybe you got liek 10 2 liter bottles? Dunno.